JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nice! How does than not have enough force to tear the haul in half?

What an awesome feeling that'd be to land and pivot in a plane like that, Ive certainly never seen that done before.

Can't do that with pontoons.

Reminds me of a book I read about the CIA recruiting bush pilots from Alaska to fly secret black ope missions and were a part of training pilots to fly into cuba for the bay of pigs.

I like the Mario Andretti quote at the end
If things seem under control you are just not going fast enough

And that looks like it could be expensive if not executed properly

When my dad was in the Air National Guard in the early 1960's they had a pilot get drunk and bet his buddies he could land a Piper Cub in the top of an Oak tree (could have been a similar type tree I was told the story many years ago) And way the pilot took off flew over the tree a couple time and then dropped his rpm and flaps as far as they would go as he approached the top of the big tree and stalled the plane right over top the canopy of the tree dropping the plane right into the branches.

Dad said it took an hour to get the idiot out of the tree and then the next day they took a Piasecki H-21 (twin rotor flying banana) and lifted the cub off the tree.

Needless to say the pilot was in a lot of trouble.

Thats freaking awesome!
Do they have a documentary on that?

I think it was in the book "the book of honor" written by Ted Gup. He did this book to bring to light the nameless stars on the wall of honor in the CIA headquaters. These stars represent the men and women who lost their lives in service to this country under top secret CIA missions.
They really aren't the cloak and dagger black ops type stuff, but nonetheless amazing read.

Another good on is "the killer elite" about a top secret intelligence group.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top