JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I see several people asking if recalls are going to be started in their district. I am not in a district running a recall but Im helping run one. So if you feel a recall should be running in your district, dont wait, start one yourself. We learned all this stuff ourselves in the last 3 weeks.

Here is how you get one started.
The state recall manual
http://sos.oregon.gov/elections/Documents/RecallManual.pdf

1. You need a chief petitioner in the district. The CP needs to be registered to vote in the district of the legislator you want to recall. The CP turns in the petition paperwork and the final signature forms. Anyone can then help the CP with any other aspect.

2. Before you start, you need to determine if you are going to finance the process or run it with just volunteers. It is almost certainly necessary to have some plan for financing. If you make any expenditures for the petition or take any donations you need to report it to the state.

The easy way to do all this, is hire a consultant who runs all the financing. They set up the bank account, EIN, PACs, donation tools. etc. We are working with one I can recommend who had done hundreds of these. Just let me know if you need their contact information.

If you are going to do your own financing here are the basics:
  • You need a business bank account that needs to be the exact same name as the petition committee, you need an EIN for the business, and you will need to set up a series of PACs.
    <broken link removed>
  • To set up the PAC's and for reporting to the state, you need to first create a free ORESTAR account. This is like the state's quickbooks for political funding. The link on the right is to create an account.
    http://sos.oregon.gov/elections/Pages/default.aspx
    Here are the instructions: http://sos.oregon.gov/elections/Documents/orestarSOO.pdf
  • You will need to create 3 PAC's. The first PAC is for any money spent or donations before you start the recall. In ORESTAR you create a misc PAC, identify the treasurer (the person inputting all the transactions) and link to a bank account. every transaction then needs to be recorded in ORESTAR
  • The second PAC is called a Recall Petition Committee. Once again this is created in ORESTAR. this is for collecting signatures. The CP is identified as well as who is the target of the recall. The bank account linked here has to be the same name as the Recall Petition Committee
  • Once you have obtained a successful petition and collected enough signatures. You create a Recall PAC that then runs the ballot campaign.
As you can see it's a bit complex and time consuming. So this is why we are using a consultant like I mentioned above who does all of this.

3. Plan to take donations. The ORESTAR website has very strict reporting information. Paypal wont work with it and may get you fined. www.anedot.com works the best and is what we are using.

4. The team creates a statement, 200 words or less, for the petition application (all in the recall manual linked at the top) on why you want them recalled. It does not have to be any sort of qualifying reason. You could write "I dont like them" and it would be ok. It does have to be the truth though.

5. The CP faxes the petition application to the state. They approve it in a day or so. Then they email you the templates for the signature pages. You print and deliver the signature pages on the exact paper you are going to use. Specifications for the paper is in the manual. White for volunteers, Colored paper for paid signature gatherers. This is also when you specify an Electronic signature sheet. This is a form people can download, print and sign and mail back to the CP to turn in. These are seen on our website. <broken link removed>

6. Collect enough signatures for the recall (15% of the total number of people who voted for any governor candidate in the district in the last election) and the CP turns them in.

That's where we are.

Last Edited:
What Elizabeth Steiner Hayward Said About The Second Amendment Should Scare You!

"For better or for worse, that's what our Constitution, sort of, says" states Oregon senator Elizabeth Steiner Hayward, in reference to firearm rights.

Yeah, she is another one in Oregon that needs to be recalled.

Maybe you should be. Don't forget SB945 the mandatory gun lock up bill. Senator Elizabeth Steiner Hayward from District 17 needs to go for proposing this garbage. http://democratherald.com/news/opin...cle_bd6efbb2-914f-5868-ba87-4397fa8ea412.html

Helping run Riley/McLain with a full time job is already a bit much for me. Hayward also won her district by 65% of the vote. I dont think a recall would win in that district even with the her recent reports of her psychological condition. We need people to run recalls in districts they can win.

My point in creating this post, is I see people asking for someone to run a recall in their district. it wont happen without some stepping up and doing it.

I've put Betty Komp on notice that I'll initiate a recall movement if she votes for this tyrannical crap. I just got done talking to "Jan" in the Secretary of State's office asking about the ballots cast for governor in my district, first thing she asked is if I was going to attempt a recall... I told her I'd prefer not too, but it depends on what Rep. Komp does, or doesn't do.

I KNOW they're going to let her know someone is poking into a recall, and that'll dovetail nicely with the email I sent Rep. Komp stating that's EXACTLY what I'll do if she's complicit with this tyranny.

I honestly don't think these people know what to do exactly... the citizens have NEVER stood up to them like this in Oregon's history, that I recall. (Get it? "Recall")

Let's see what happens... either I get SWATTED, tax audited, I sacrifice months of my personal life to recall her, or she see's things my way. :mad:

I have a couple questions;
1.) Curious how to find how many votes district 40 cast for governor? And what 15% needed for recall would be?
2.) do the signatures have to be physically gathered within the district? Or can you go outside the district?

District 40 has a few good men in it, such as;

- Curt's Shooters Supply
- Oregon city Fishermans Marine
- Gun Broker in clackamas is just barely outside the border (this is why I asked question #2)
- The Gun Zone is within the zone if it's still there across from clackamas fred Meyers in the promenade
- Benchmade Knife Company is in district 40

I have not yet asked these business if they would be onboard to host signature gathering events.

Thanks for any information, I don't have a computer just a phone so it's slow going.
(planning on getting a laptop soon.... I know it's 2015)

I have a couple questions;
1.) Curious how to find how many votes district 40 cast for governor? And what 15% needed for recall would be?
2.) do the signatures have to be physically gathered within the district? Or can you go outside the district?

District 40 has a few good men in it, such as;

- Curt's Shooters Supply
- Oregon city Fishermans Marine
- Gun Broker in clackamas is just barely outside the border (this is why I asked question #2)
- The Gun Zone is within the zone if it's still there across from clackamas fred Meyers in the promenade
- Benchmade Knife Company is in district 40

I have not yet asked these business if they would be onboard to host signature gathering events.

Thanks for any information, I don't have a computer just a phone so it's slow going.
(planning on getting a laptop soon.... I know it's 2015)

Is that House district 40, Rep Brent Barton? That is all clackamas county if I am correct.

The easiest was to determine the 15% is to call the county elections department at (503) 655-8510 and ask.

Otherwise you need to determine the precincts in district 40 and then look at all the votes in the last election for governor in all those precincts and then add them up and take 15% of that. Its all buried in election results on their webpage. easier to ask.
http://www.clackamas.us/elections/

Let us know when you are ready to file for the petition and we can help

Is that House district 40, Rep Brent Barton? That is all clackamas county if I am correct.

The easiest was to determine the 15% is to call the county elections department at (503) 655-8510 and ask.

Otherwise you need to determine the precincts in district 40 and then look at all the votes in the last election for governor in all those precincts and then add them up and take 15% of that. Its all buried in election results on their webpage. easier to ask.

From what Stomper said above, a phone call to the Secretary of State's office to ask may be a big benefit in itself as they are likely to give notice to Barton's office that someone is 'inquiring' about the votes needed for a recall. That may help get his attention more so than lip service in a phone call to his office or an email. He may realize there are some folks that are 'serious'.

This is where I sourced the house representative district borders

https://www.census.gov/geo/maps-data/maps/sldl/st41_or.html

Then specifically district 40 below, but I'm not sure it's correct it seems like a small district.

http://www2.census.gov/geo/maps/dc10map/SLD_RefMap/lower/st41_or/sldl41040/DC10SLDL41040_001.pdf

You can go to this link to see it from the State's point of view:

https://www.oregonlegislature.gov/FindYourLegislator/leg-districts.html

It's not a large district geographically compared to Bill Kennemer, but I suspect Barton's got more voters in that small area due to population density, plus his portion of Clackamas County is close enough to smell Multnomah, so likely more anti-gun voters the further north you go in the district.

There are 19 precincts in House District-22 (Betty Komp) Using the Marion County Elections Cumulative and Canvass report information, I only need to gather 1911 valid signatures.

I have been going over the ratios cast for Governor, and those cast for Komp vs the Republican (and third party/write-in's).

This is totally doable!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads