Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Gun Deals
Oregon Rifleworks
J&B Firearm Sales
Simply Triggers
Buster Beaver Cerakote
Low Price Guns
Reactions
Hi, can someone please remind which carrier to use? I know i have to ship to an ffl, but which carrier will allow handgun shipments and what are the rules?

Reactions
Both UPS and FedEx will ship and has to be next day with adult signature. UPS is easier to deal with and you must go to the terminal or have the driver pick it up.

Reactions
And you have to send it to a FFL dealer/Manufacturer.
You can't just send it to your son unless he has a FFL

I have used both carriers and they both were fine to work with.

BillM

Reactions
Both UPS and Fedex will want to ship a handgun overnight, which can get spendy. You also have to ship it from a hub--the local UPS store won't touch
it.

Alternative: Find a friendly local FFL, have him ship it USPS. USPS will
ship handguns FFL to FFL.

Reactions
Both UPS and Fedex will want to ship a handgun overnight, which can get spendy. You also have to ship it from a hub--the local UPS store won't touch
it.

Alternative: Find a friendly local FFL, have him ship it USPS. USPS will
ship handguns FFL to FFL.

Was just in a gun store to ask if they had a cheap way to do the shipping rather than UPS or Fedex and was told I could ship USPS to manufacturer for repairs myself. Have spent over an hour digging for old posts to find some collaberating info... just got to this one.

Anyone know an answer or have a link?

Thanks

Reactions
Found a little time to do more looking, USPS will not ship handguns for unauthorized persons (and I'm not on the list of authorized persons).

Reactions
I use them for C&R's and authorized parties which is permissable.

USPS Page 2.

<broken link removed>

At one point I found a long convoluted interesting thread. Long story short was person did ALOT of digging and convinced himself he could argue shipping USPS as a non-ffl. The argument was interesting and was all info from USPS site- but I was never 100% sold on it.

Best bet as above said- find an FFL who whill ship for you.

Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Sporting Systems
Cerberus Training Group
Let Freedom Ring
Southwest Firearms
Copeland Custom Gunworks

Latest Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads