JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It's too much to list these items individually. You're talking about a $15 folding shovel here, a $40 inflatable sleeping pad there (for backpacking). I have boxes and boxes of gear, some of it redundant, pouches, all kinds of camping/survival gear. I can group some of it into listings, but even then it's a hassle it's so much. Yard sale is out, bad for opsec in the neighborhood.

Do I just create an armslist listing that says hey, here is a picture and list of all this camping stuff? Or group it by category (sleeping pads and bags, another group for backpacks, etc.)?

Ideally I would do this not only in a way that I can have less overall listings, but also not drive around the Sound to get $5 for a $15 SOG shovel E tool I bought off Amazon....

If you can't set up a physical yard sale to let people browse, and you don't wan't to do an itemized inventory and list it online then maybe your only alternative is to box it all up and give it to the Goodwill, to which they give you a blank donation form that you can fill in the FMV of all the surplus you gave them, then right it off your taxes under charitable donations.

The Goodwill idea is nice and easy, otherwise it doesn't seem like it's worth your time to mess with it.

When I upgrade something, the piece that was replaced goes into spares.
I'm fortunate to have the space to do so.
It's a backup and it also becomes trade inventory under some circumstances.

The Goodwill idea is nice and easy, otherwise it doesn't seem like it's worth your time to mess with it.

When I upgrade something, the piece that was replaced goes into spares.
I'm fortunate to have the space to do so.
It's a backup and it also becomes trade inventory under some circumstances.

I have space galore, but I also have too much stuff laying around, so much so that I can't find stuff half the time and it's no use keeping stuff you never use because you didn't like it when you tried it out.

Another option if the gear is still new, put it all into a single lot, and fill in the blanks to make a pre-made prepper kit. If it was all in a decent case(s) like surplus mil crates and has an itemized list it becomes a new prepper starter kit. Sell it then on eBay/Craigs etc for a premium. Perceived value then comes from the price you put on it.

It's too much to list these items individually. You're talking about a $15 folding shovel here, a $40 inflatable sleeping pad there (for backpacking). I have boxes and boxes of gear, some of it redundant, pouches, all kinds of camping/survival gear. I can group some of it into listings, but even then it's a hassle it's so much. Yard sale is out, bad for opsec in the neighborhood.

Do I just create an armslist listing that says hey, here is a picture and list of all this camping stuff? Or group it by category (sleeping pads and bags, another group for backpacks, etc.)?

Ideally I would do this not only in a way that I can have less overall listings, but also not drive around the Sound to get $5 for a $15 SOG shovel E tool I bought off Amazon....

I would do lots of stuff. With each lot being its own ad.
All this (insert ad #1, or #2, or . . ) for XYZ monies. No substitutions, as this isn't burger king.

Misc Camping Gear
Misc Tools
Misc Pouches
Misc Tackticool Stuff for Mall ninjas
Misc Medical/safety stuff
etc.

Another option if the gear is still new, put it all into a single lot, and fill in the blanks to make a pre-made prepper kit. If it was all in a decent case(s) like surplus mil crates and has an itemized list it becomes a new prepper starter kit. Sell it then on eBay/Craigs etc for a premium. Perceived value then comes from the price you put on it.
Throw some 9mm ammo in there and it'll sell fast!

Just do a yard sale.....at your neighbors or friends house. :D

A couple of us here in V-Town are planning a yard sale soon. Sporting and gun stuff only. We plan to use a vacant lot that the city owns in another neighborhood.

-E-

Also, @Bushman don't forget that there is a "Pay it forward" thread here at NWFA.

I would do lots of stuff. With each lot being its own ad.
All this (insert ad #1, or #2, or . . ) for XYZ monies. No substitutions, as this isn't burger king.

Misc Camping Gear
Misc Tools
Misc Pouches
Misc Tackticool Stuff for Mall ninjas
Misc Medical/safety stuff
etc.

That's actually what I ended up doing after I posted this. Craigslist seems to be hit or miss. I sold a Kayak for $300 recently like it was nothing. People LINING up to buy it. Other stuff, very hit or miss.

The best way to sell things that you don't want anymore is to put an unrealistic price tag on them that represents an emotional attachment to them and not what represents 'a good deal' when people are buying used stuff they could otherwise get for only a bit more new. People generally don't value the "brand new in package" claims as being worth extra money since if it is priced close to new, they want new.

Then after the items haven't sold for a while, you can lower the prices if you are willing to receive less money and you'll find bites here and there or if it is a matter of pride, you'll make some statement like "if I don't sell it at this price I'll just keep it," and probably then end up donating a lot of it simply to regain the space you are looking to free up.

Long story short, since it is a lot of small incidental stuff, unless you host an in person yard sale, you'll be spending a lot of time taking pictures, creating listings, communicating with potential buyers who want more information, responding to offers for lower than your asking prices and eventually, meeting up to do transactions or getting very familiar with shipping boxes.

Seems like you could make an itemized list of what you have, then take a few photos representing the lot, then put out a listing that says "make cash offer or will trade for (something you would accept)"

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top