JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I keep a quart of naphtha under the kitchen sink.
It safely removes ALL sticker adhesive residue from 98% of all surfaces.
Genuine Zippo fluid is 100% Naphtha; Ronson is not. Both are more $ than bulk naphtha.

(Why do so many people put stickers on books ?)

View attachment 862572
Handiest darned stuff. At Boeing they used to fill their Zippos with it. The problem was that it evaporated so quickly. Ronson found an ingredient which would slow that down.

I just used it to remove some gummed up bullet lube from a seater die.

3rd vote for WD40. It works and most of us have it on hand.
I was a little skeptical, but when l bought my truck it had some weird stickers on it... apparently grampa (the older fella l bought the truck from) let his grandkid(s) put flame stickers on the fenders for whatever reason grampas allow such things ;). Cheap, crappy stickers that had been on there for awhile... ol vitamin WD took em right off.
I'm going to work up the ambition to try it on the 100s of pine-sap splotches that have driven me slightly crazy since l left Portland.

3rd vote for WD40. It works and most of us have it on hand.
I was a little skeptical, but when l bought my truck it had some weird stickers on it... apparently grampa (the older fella l bought the truck from) let his grandkid(s) put flame stickers on the fenders for whatever reason grampas allow such things ;). Cheap, crappy stickers that had been on there for awhile... ol vitamin WD took em right off.
I'm going to work up the ambition to try it on the 100s of pine-sap splotches that have driven me slightly crazy since l left Portland.
Ohh pine sap is a tricky one. Most car cleaners don't work on it, including bug and tar remover does not work. Heat does, and rubbing alcohol really works well. Most important thing I've found it not to rub too hard or it will make micro-scratches. Best to use soft kind of lifting motion.

Goo-Gone (not Goof-Off) i$ m@de for removing $ticker$.
Citru$ b@$ed.

Goof-Off i$ "hot" @nd c@n ruin fini$he$.
Keep it off your $kin @$ well.
Agree about goo gone being safer (and for me more effective) than goof off. Goo gone is my go to product for any adhesive -and similar- removal now. Also works good on airguns to get rid of lead etc buildup in the barrel. Even though I have had great luck with goo gone, I want to go with the mildest thing I can possibly use due to it being an old Shotgun with a nice finish other than the stupid stickers. I've been using mineral spirits on the stock to get rid of years worth of grime (pick below is before I started cleaning and u can see dark grime on stock). FEC575D7-83B6-4565-95CB-1701D0B7D67C.jpeg

Ohh pine sap is a tricky one. Most car cleaners don't work on it, including bug and tar remover does not work. Heat does, and rubbing alcohol really works well. Most important thing I've found it not to rub too hard or it will make micro-scratches. Best to use soft kind of lifting motion.
Good advice. My black Mustang got short-shrift in the parking situation since my truck was always parked in our driveway... a full year under a huge, ancient pine tree, it looks like a glazed donut.
I'll have to tackle it one panel at a time. I can hardly wait. :confused:

Lots of great ideas! Up to now I've just been grabbing the closest lefty and just rubbing the sticker in their face until it comes off. Now I know that if I squirt them with a bit of lighter fluid first the stickers will come off even easier!

WD40 has worked for me before. (Years ago I bought a nice 10-gauge shotgun on GB. When it arrived, it had a huge length of packing tape stuck to blued barrel. I sprayed it down with WD40 removed the unsightly adhesive, then applied a light coat of oil, and good as new.)

I don't understand that one. Probably a joke over my head ha ha!
No joke.
Although rare some trap shooters have shotguns equipped with triggers that fire the gun on the release of the trigger rather than the pull.
Sometimes used by shooters that are trying to compensate for a flinch.
Stickers SHOULD be applied to these guns to prevent accidents.

What is a release trigger? It simply is a trigger that is. first set (pulled and held back) and then released when. the gun is to be fired.

No joke.
Although rare some trap shooters have shotguns equipped with triggers that fire the gun on the release of the trigger rather than the pull.
Sometimes used by shooters that are trying to compensate for a flinch.
Stickers SHOULD be applied to these guns to prevent accidents.
Cool, I didn't know that thx! Kind of like 1/2 a binary trigger ha ha. These are just inventory stickers though. I wish they wouldn't put them on the barrel but I guess no harm done if they come off easily. There was one sticker on the stock that came off no problem with mineral spirits fwiw.

Cool, I didn't know that thx! Kind of like 1/2 a binary trigger ha ha. These are just inventory stickers though. I wish they wouldn't put them on the barrel but I guess no harm done if they come off easily. There was one sticker on the stock that came off no problem with mineral spirits fwiw.
Very much like the binary triggers, very good analogy.

While we're on the subject of store applied stickers one of my pet peeves is cabalas desire to wrap manufactures gun boxes with their f-ing crapbalas tape. When one of their goons was about to tape up the original Colt box for a Woodsman my wife was purchasing he was surprised when I told him what that box was going to cost him. I rarely buy guns from crapbalas however when I do I make sure they put the box in a plastic bag and wrap the bag to protect the box from their tape.

Bought a shotgun that has 2 stickers on barrels and before trying to remove I wanted to see what other people have found to work without damaging the bluing. I guess an angle grinder is out of the question? (Kidding!) Thx!
It's more than likely broken now, let me know how I should send my FFL's address. I prefer USPS Priority for long guns

Just posting a follow up. I heated with hair dryer and the stickers came right off with the glue attached (or at least most all of the glue). The remaining residue was so slight that it came off immediately with eezox with no rubbing or pressure at all.

BTW, just a random unrelated FYI if you ever have to remove old window tint from car windows: Soak it down good with windex and then cut black plastic garbage bags and put in the windows (inside the car). Park in the sun for much of the day. After that the film will come off with the glue attached. I've done it a couple times the wrong way and after you get the film off you have 10x as much work to get the glue off. This method takes off the film and glue all at once.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top