JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Bought a shotgun that has 2 stickers on barrels and before trying to remove I wanted to see what other people have found to work without damaging the bluing. I guess an angle grinder is out of the question? (Kidding!) Thx!

Good ol Zippo style lighter fluid, naphtha, is best. Most solvents leave some residue behind, naphtha does not. It is great for cleaning knives and other tools as well. And you can use it to start a fire if needed. It is good to have a bottle on hand.

Thx for the replies. I'll try hair dryer and some gun oil and use wd40 if needed. Thx!
I de-classify packages daily. Hair dryer or even heat gun softens the glue and most stickers will come off if peeled slowly. The gunk left, if there is any, will be removed by gun oil, naphtha or Hoppes 9. Also, use a strip of duct tape to lift the adhesive residue, as duct tape adhesive is stronger than sticker goo.

I keep a quart of naphtha under the kitchen sink.
It safely removes ALL sticker adhesive residue from 98% of all surfaces.
Genuine Zippo fluid is 100% Naphtha; Ronson is not. Both are more $ than bulk naphtha.

(Why do so many people put stickers on books ?)

Naphtha-under-sink.png

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads