JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
After multiple people asking over the past few years, I finally made a quick video showing s little of the process I use to restore a gun. This video details removing minor surface scratches and dings. It also details reshaping some small parts such as the cylinder release.

It is a short video that shows some very basic techniques that can be used by anyone without needing special tools are materials.

YouTube - How-to Restore a Firearm: Ding & scratch removal made easy

Idiot scratch gone. (Thank you PlayboyPenguin)

I got a hell of a deal on a stainless "100 years of service" series 70 Colt 1911 (O1070A1CS) because it had the dreaded idiot scratch.

LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=0zUpuGGaIh0%3d&tabid=122&portalid=0&mid=871

I can't shoot it (without gloves). Between my big hands and no beaver tail grip safety, it gives me hammer bite. That's a different story I've already told on this forum, but the wife loves it and proclaimed it "hers".
The idiot scratch bothered me much more than it did her. After watching PlayboyPenguin's video, I set out to correct this.

Before:

IMG_8124_zpsa6d0e0fa.jpg

IMG_8123_zps7b9ebc8c.jpg

After patience and some elbow grease this is what it now looks like:

IMG_8135_zpsc62ea4f3.jpg

IMG_8134_zps6aed6e92.jpg

Thanks again PlayboyPenguin.

bravo_zps85b94b30.gif

After multiple people asking over the past few years, I finally made a quick video showing s little of the process I use to restore a gun. This video details removing minor surface scratches and dings. It also details reshaping some small parts such as the cylinder release.

It is a short video that shows some very basic techniques that can be used by anyone without needing special tools are materials.

YouTube - How-to Restore a Firearm: Ding & scratch removal made easy
How come the sign off said Yankeemarshal, not playboypenguin?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top