JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I believe the burden of proof is on the state to prove they are or are not. At least I recall something like this when I was selected for jury duty a few years ago.

1664227683505.png

How many rounds is a pmag good for?
Slightly OT, but....

Depends on usage and conditions rather than round count, IMHO. Range mags and SD mags get different levels of attention too, for me. All get at least an annual inspection... checking for compression, wear, corrosion. Examine the follower and mag internals for wear.

SD mags I do tend to replace spings every 2000rds or so if they need it or not. Reality being probably somewhere between 2k-3k and typically during the next annual inspection sometime over 2k rds. Springs are cheap insurance.

Range mags, not until compression is down a good 5%-10% or show other indications of poor condition.

Slightly OT, but....

Depends on usage and conditions rather than round count, IMHO. Range mags and SD mags get different levels of attention too, for me. All get at least an annual inspection... checking for compression, wear, corrosion. Examine the follower and mag internals for wear.

SD mags I do tend to replace spings every 2000rds or so if they need it or not. Reality being probably somewhere between 2k-3k and typically during the next annual inspection sometime over 2k rds. Springs are cheap insurance.

Range mags, not until compression is down a good 5%-10% or show other indications of poor condition.
So at the rate I have been shooting lately, a lifetime. I was thinking about buying more but I think I will invest my limited funds elsewhere.

So at the rate I have been shooting lately, a lifetime. I was thinking about buying more but I think I will invest my limited funds elsewhere.
Probably. If anything, just having a few spare springs and a couple followers and baseplates would likely keep you covered long past your shelf life. I dunno how many you have, but from my garage, I could lose a few and it wouldn't make any meaningful dent in readiness capability.

Pmags are cheap, so ya kinda have to bear that in mind when considering long term reliability, right.

Probably. If anything, just having a few spare springs and a couple followers and baseplates would likely keep you covered long past your shelf life. I dunno how many you have, but from my garage, I could lose a few and it wouldn't make any meaninful dent in readiness capability.

Pmags are cheap, so ya kinda have to bear that in mind when considering long term reliability, right.
I have a couple of dozen 223/5.56 mags and should be focusing on buying some other caliber specific mags. I have bought many different barrels chambered for other cartridges. I have zero mags for my AR10s. I will be happy with 10rnd mags for most of the other calibers.

I have a couple of dozen 223/5.56 mags and should be focusing on buying some other caliber specific mags. I have bought many different barrels chambered for other cartridges. I have zero mags for my AR10s. I will be happy with 10rnd mags for most of the other calibers.
If you're the only shooter thats over 700rds between mag reloads. I think yer good. 🤣

I usually figure a minimum of 10per rifle, but that's considering multiple rifles out of the rack in use at once. The kids all have theirs, but in SHTF, 2 is 1, 1 is none... if they aren't all able to retrieve their personal rifles and beeline for dad's house.... they know I got em covered. KWIM.

10rd probably suits you for the range and shtuff, but if SHTF is in your game plan, two or three 30's (or similar higher capacity) as a fallback can't hurt. Only you know what your SD plan and needs are though.

IE., That 7.62 I only picked up two 10's and four 30's. I don't plan on any more than that.

I've already thought or heard about taking them to your lawyer and having an affidavit filled out and signed by witnesses.
I would guess (and that's all it is because I am not a lawyer) that possession would be de facto evidence that you acquired them before the ban because it will be "impossible" to acquire them after the ban. The burden would be on the state to prove they were illegally acquired, wouldn't it?

If one feels the need for proof, wouldn't any time stamped photo be adequate? Any digital photo taken nowadays would include meta data that would reveal location, time, and date, according to my understanding. If that's not the case, take a photo of your mags laid out on today's copy of The Oregonian.

I sure as he11 am not going to pay some ambulance chaser $200-400 or more to execute paperwork to prove that I am in possession of a couple of hundred dollars' worth of magazines.

ETA: no offense intended. I know you went to law school and all that.

Last Edited:
I have a lifetime supply and have not even given a thought to trying to do anything. This law is so inane to begin with. The AG here I could see going after someone who they find driving in from out of state with a box of new mags laying on the seat. Even this moron I can't see going after someone because they were involved in a shoot and the gun has an old mag in it. I guess since I have LONG LOVED online shopping this is one time tracking such as it is could come in handy. I could show where I bought a lot of mags when they were on sale at places like Midway and CDNN. To me this is really not something I would give a second thought too unless someone was really poking them. Like going out of state and buying them to sell to others here to make money. Even if I buy some new to me gun I do not have mags for and went to visit one kid in ID and bought some mags? I guess I would make sure to pay cash but still would not lose sleep over it. The way this law is working its way through the courts I can hope it will get shot down anyway. Hopefully this next election will really give people like the AG here a wallop too. If they get spanked real good this time they will tone this crap way down for a while at least while they re group and lick their wounds.

There is a survivability clause. If any one part of the BM is deemed unconstitutional, the other parts survive.
Which parts would that be? The capacity limit has already been ruled unconstitutional. The may issue permit has already been ruled unconstitutional, FOID cards have already been ruled unconstitutional, depriving people of the right to buy a firearm until the non-existent training courses are in place(if ever) is also unconstitutional.

If we had a non-corrupt Secretary of State or Attorney General this would never have been approved for the ballot.

What I did today was I took pictures including my magazines and my DL and CHL. I then uploaded the pictures to my rented server in Seattle. Those pictures will have a system designated date/time stamp that cannot be altered. If i ever need proof all I need to do is pull up the system logs for those files.

What I did today was I took pictures including my magazines and my DL and CHL. I then uploaded the pictures to my rented server in Seattle. Those pictures will have a system designated date/time stamp that cannot be altered. If i ever need proof all I need to do is pull up the system logs for those files.

Everything can be altered. Including file creation time stamps.

We know rhat the progressive left is immature and vengeful. Since those in the shooting sports are not likely to vote for them or contribute, these laws are primarily punitive.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top