JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
then get a press, and jig and start bending blank ak47 receivers, Firearms are made around the world by huge factories low skilled workers and very few real gunsmiths actually mass build firearms. Once you make one "Successfully" on a lathe and Mill you will be fine making more of the same.
A selection of impressive looking one of a kind guns, some manufactured in crude backstreet fab shops, some built in secret garages by peasant craftsmen. It's not rocket science. They are not beauty queens but most of them will work.

I am ashamed of all of you guys who pretend to be law abiding citizens conspiring to break the law. And really, the bottom line purp0se of this law
is to decrease firearm deaths. It's for the comon good. This will surly happen when all of the outlaw motorcycle gangs, drug cartels, organized crime and bangers begin to transfer their weapons through an FFL

What makes you think it wasn't challenged? We've been discussing the Emergency Clause for months here on the forum. There must be dozens of threads that have been brought up on SB941 and every single one mentioned the emergency clause. Many of us have challenged it with our lawmakers on the phone, via email and in person. People have written to newspapers and other news agencies about it. Oregon Firearms Federation attacked that provision. And in the public testimonies, it was brought up over and over again.

Believe me, it was challenged, very strongly. But all that was ignored by politicians with tremendous out-of-state support and money.
Like you, I have mixed feelings about those who come in at the end of this mess and start acting like they know all about it. There was a thread not long ago, started by a low post count member, that started off with his conclusion that most of us hadn't read 941 and that it wasn't that bad. Of course, I was flamed for not being patient with the guy.

Well, I'm the kind of person who follows the law and I intend to keep doing so in this instance as well. I've bought guns through FFL's before and if that's the law, doesn't upset me to keep doing it. I'm not going to tell anyone else what to do, and if I'm on a jury and this comes up for you, you'll walk for sure. However, let me pitch another view. We get a lot of the blame for this due to political apathy.

2 of the worst anti-gunners ran unopposed. You ever hear of Ginny Burdick? She hates the fact that you can own any guns. Unopposed!?!!! WTF!? Another pro-gun politician was voted out with some Bloomberg bucks: Bruce Starr, our friend from Hillsboro -gone.

You want to do something? Work in politics and get some intelligent folks elected. Tigard folks - Ginny Burdick needs to get voted out and learn how to work a real job again. North PDX - Lew Fredricks, who also got an F- in this area needs our help to move on and learn how to work a real job again.

Bring back Bruce Starr. Don't let a gun hater ever run unopposed ever again. Ever.

I heartily second both recommendations, especially regarding Burdick. Time to start fundraising and preparing an opponent to run against her.

Just breaking the law won't do it. Breaking the law in numbers will.
Kinda like immigration. If enough people do it, they will have to come up with some sort of "reform". God knows liberals do not want to deport.. I mean imprison, millions of people living Outside the law....
Correct. This is also known as civil disobedience.

I am ashamed of all of you guys who pretend to be law abiding citizens conspiring to break the law. And really, the bottom line purp0se of this law
is to decrease firearm deaths. It's for the comon good. This will surly happen when all of the outlaw motorcycle gangs, drug cartels, organized crime and bangers begin to transfer their weapons through an FFL
You are wrong on all counts: the consequence of this law is that honest and law abiding citizens will have their privacy violated because the government will have a record of their weapon and criminals will buy guns on the black market like they do now.

It's a real shame that both Oregon and Washington has come to this. I have a decent and exotic collection. Both as a hobby and an investment. I have decided that when and "IF" I sell anything that has a serial number, it will be online and out of state. It's too bad it has come to this because I know several people that would enjoy and give the eye teeth for some of what I have. I have decided that nobody in my state will ever get anything I own. As long as it goes to an out of state FFL, I won't have to deal with I-594 up here.
The other option I have. Is when I retire, which is not too far off, I will move east to Idaho or Montana. Or go south where it is warm. Both temperature and gun friendly Arizona, Nevada. It sure as hell will not be Cali.
As far as me getting anything new. I have become quite the shade tree gunsmith and am building as much as I can from ALL 80% receivers and complete kits. AK's, HK's, AR's, MAC's, SUOMI's, PPSH's, 1911's, SIG's the list continues to grow everyday. So my collection continues to grow. There is tons of info out there and people who are willing to share step by step on how to build things. Also, I am having a ton of fun learning how to build these guns. Tooling, tooling, tooling and then your good to go. That would be the main expense is the tooling. But once you have the tooling, you can build as much as you want. My dad use to say that there is a tool for every job and the job becomes easy if you have the right tool. After that you can piece together anything.
So in a nut shell, that is how I am getting around the private back ground BS.

Last Edited:
You are wrong on all counts: the consequence of this law is that honest and law abiding citizens will have their privacy violated because the government will have a record of their weapon and criminals will buy guns on the black market like they do now.

It was sarcasm. As soon as 9/11 happened the Bush administration used it as an excuse to neutralize our Bill of Rights. The Supreme Court is complaisant with the assault on civil liberties and the Obama administration has expanded it. The threat to our freedom comes from within as well as without. It appears that our Democrat administration is in collusion with Iran, our professed enemy. The biggest threat to it's long term domestic ambitions is from the private ownership of millions of firearms. Our government is obsessed with disarming it's citizens while giving the nuclear bomb to Iran.

Question: Transferring my firearms prop;erty now. Could I write up a letter transferring ownership to my lawful daughter of 26 now and have the letter Notorized at the bank certifying the date of the lawful transfer of firearms ownership as a gift. That letter has the make, model; and serial number of my firearms. I pass in 30 years and the lawful record certified that the firearms were transferred to her in June of 2015 before 941 took effect. Over the course of the next 30 years I play with the toys. Any problems here. The letter is in my safe. Thanks for your input and ideas. This action would not involve 941 because 941 starts on August 8th I believe.

What's the purpose of the transfer? Are you the recipient of a restraining order or a felon? Where are the guns going to be kept? If they are still in your possession then it isn't a transfer. I don't get why you want the transfer. If there is a statutory reason why you shouldn't have them and you keep possession of them or your daughter hands them to you to use then you are both liable.

Recently the Governor disbanded the Oregon Organized Militia which is a volunteer division of the Oregon National Guard. However, Oregon under statute is still required to maintain an unorganized militia comprised of every eligible person between the ages of 18 and 45. The duties of the organized militia were to protect our borders from invasion and law enforcement duties in time of crisis among other duties. The unorganized militia is to be drafted into active duty in time of crisis when the organized militia is incorporated into the National Guard and sent out of state. I am wondering how 491 pretains to the unorganized militia. Law Enforcement is exempt from 941. I am hesitant to post any hypothetical defense against 941 here. It is for sure this forum is being monitored.

What's the purpose of the transfer? Are you the recipient of a restraining order or a felon? Where are the guns going to be kept? If they are still in your possession then it isn't a transfer. I don't get why you want the transfer. If there is a statutory reason why you shouldn't have them and you keep possession of them or your daughter hands them to you to use then you are both liable.

No felon. Just trying to lawfully understand my rights before sb 941 becomes effective in augut when I loose many of my rights.

Lane country commissioners voted 3-1 that they will not enforce or prosecute this law in their jurisdiction.

Lane country commissioners voted 3-1 that they will not enforce or prosecute this law in their jurisdiction.

Funny that Val Hoyle is part of that district :p

I'm guessing a lot of future ads will include the following: Sale will be FTF in Lane County ;) Now if only Clackamas would do the same thing....Maybe Canby will be enough.

That is an interesting point, NSDQ... You can transfer legal trust to legal trust, correct? so, if I put all my firearms into a legal trust, listed on a Schedule E, and require that of anyone I sell or buy a firearm to (say a requirement to continue to use the classified sections of this board), no BGC required, yet still complying with this BS unconstitutional law? Can we do this? IANAL.

There are free examples of trusts on this board, all you need is to print off a copy, and get a notary (often free at banks).

EDIT: Looks like trusts are only mentioned in case of deaths. But if a trust is buying the firearm, how can you run a BGC on a legal trust/piece of paper. I guess this is the whole Holder Hollis lawsuit?

I'm ignorant of the "Trust". Does the trust have to be registered with the state or feds. I'm lawful but I'd still like to keep my personal records out of government's intrusion. I'm thinking that when I pass i'd like my kids to have my firearms, again, without any state intrusion. Does the Trust protect that? Thanks.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top