JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am just curious, and I am not trying to belittle anyone, but I'd really like to know just how the people saying "I will not comply" will actually not comply?

Don't get me wrong, I HATE the new law. But I've bought and sold many used guns from good people on these forums, and everyone I've dealt with has been law abiding, so I'm wondering how it will work?

Will gun sellers "Not Complying" not require a BGC and run the risk of being charged under the new law by an undercover law enforcement agent?

Would people have to make a declarative statement like "No, I am not an undercover police officer" in order to buy a used firearm?

Will gun sellers simply choose to not sell their used guns?

I kinda think that putting efforts into getting the law revoked is a wiser use of my time than trying to figure out who and who is not an undercover LEO.

It really doesn't matter if you think out to the end game, this is one little battle in a really big conflict. If you ever bought a new gun then you are a registered gun owner but until 941 came through you could buy or sell legally private owned firearms without registration. For those who are going to skirt the law all bills of sale will be dated before the law took effect.

For those who want to take a risk they will keep selling with out paper work.

Those who use the system now have a guaranteed record of gun to owner and it will be the states property some day.

Last Edited:
you deal with trusted friends and trusted friends of friends.

Anything beyond a single link is too far to be trusted.

A, B, and C people are involved.

A knows B, and B knows C. C inquires to A about xyz, A asks B if they are trusted or if they know them. If they know them and vouch then sure. If they say... I haven't, but D has and you don't know D... No deal.

Simple to me.

Or if you trust people enough to trust them with getting caught by breaking the law, you actually get a legal trust which allows you to transfer weapons to each other without giving up your information.

Interesting point - I thought the same - especially for myself. I suspect that will be the case for those who tend to buy and sell more frequently than others - myself included. This will inhibit my desire to buy and sell as much simply due to what I see as the biggest stumbling block of finding and coordinating with a FFL in a convenient area the gun is. It is probably going to be difficult to sell lower value guns so most likely many of them will stay with their owners. Reality is however only a small percentage of gun owners will be affected as most have probably never sold or bought FTF. Bottom line is I am glad the guns I have are 'keepers' with the exception of a couple as they are probably going to be with me a while.

Hell just get a mill and a lathe an make whatever you want.
They dont register steel emoji109.png emoji53.png
YET!
every flood starts with a drop of water.

That is an interesting point, NSDQ... You can transfer legal trust to legal trust, correct? so, if I put all my firearms into a legal trust, listed on a Schedule E, and require that of anyone I sell or buy a firearm to (say a requirement to continue to use the classified sections of this board), no BGC required, yet still complying with this BS unconstitutional law? Can we do this? IANAL.

There are free examples of trusts on this board, all you need is to print off a copy, and get a notary (often free at banks).

EDIT: Looks like trusts are only mentioned in case of deaths. But if a trust is buying the firearm, how can you run a BGC on a legal trust/piece of paper. I guess this is the whole Holder Hollis lawsuit?

Last Edited:
Also remember that the police is allowed to lie to you, so a potential buyer saying "No, I am not an undercover police officer" really means nothing. The way I see this happening is just dealing with people you have dealt with in the past. And If I read SB941 correctly, the seller is the only one that is running the risk of getting in trouble. The irony of SB941 is that supporters kept saying it will prevent people from buying guns in dark back alleys, but anyone who chooses not to comply will end up in just such settings to discretely complete a deal. I also think that guns never transferred through FFL after SB941 takes effect will command a higher price in the "not comply" circles because it can never be traced by OSP.

I am just curious, and I am not trying to belittle anyone, but I'd really like to know just how the people saying "I will not comply" will actually not comply?

Don't get me wrong, I HATE the new law. But I've bought and sold many used guns from good people on these forums, and everyone I've dealt with has been law abiding, so I'm wondering how it will work?

Will gun sellers "Not Complying" not require a BGC and run the risk of being charged under the new law by an undercover law enforcement agent?

Would people have to make a declarative statement like "No, I am not an undercover police officer" in order to buy a used firearm?

I kinda think that putting efforts into getting the law revoked is a wiser use of my time than trying to figure out who and who is not an undercover LEO.
I all ready make decisions about who and what I am interacting with. I have done so my entire life, I will continue to do so. This law will not make me any less responsible, no law can, nor will it make me any more so. I think people giving in to thease asinine laws are as big a part of the problem as the people that make them. Toe the line if you want, we'll see how it ends.

Hell just get a mill and a lathe an make whatever you want.
They dont register steel [emoji109] [emoji53]

I will just buy a 3D printer and make copies of all the ones I like. Never have to buy or register again. Just need to save a whole lot of money and wait until the technology gets a whole lot better. My CZ would end up looking like a Glock now....Who they hell would want that!?

Guess I won't be selling any firearms. Not that I intended to anyway. As to buying the few Firearms I want that would only be available used. It really won't be any different. The seller on Gun Broker will ship to my FFL and I'll go down and do the stupid paper work and pickup my new toy. Just like before.

What I most likely won't do as much of is buying used local. Unless the cost reflects the added hassle of the FFL thing.

We need to establish a secret handshake for forum members. No or incorrect handshake no deal! No talk of firearms prior to verification of the handshake either. But seriously, on the I won't comply side of things, I will not think twice about selling, trading, loaning, or storing a firearm with a friend or family member w/o complying. How in the heck would big brother know?????
When the similar law went into effect in Washington the ads from there dropped dramatically for awhile then they started to return to a normal level. If I'm going to sell to a stranger then I will add the cost of the BGC to the deal. Thank you Demoncrats!!!!

Ahh hell I have one old single shot 45 basic and a few rounds and it will send 500 gr Hornadys downrange all day long til I run out of ammo or someone gets lucky ROFLOL What more do I need ??
:s0035::s0106::s0034:

Priced good mills and lathes lately? Think machining is a an easy skill to learn? Machining a functioning firearm would definitely be an 'advanced' operation.

Yep if I so inclined. I was a Tool and Die Maker my whole life.
A firearm is stoneage so to speak in the learning curve :D
But I have One old single shot 45 basic and don't need anything else............:s0112:

Just throw rocks :s0109::s0018::s0151: That's the Leftists way.
They shoot ya and expect you to throw rocks.

They hire bodyguards, and expect you to not fight back.
They fart and expect you to jump.

What we need to do is get a whole lot of shovels as I have a hunch they will begin to stink once people get fed up enough with their BS.
But maybe that is wishful thinking :)

We need to establish a secret handshake for forum members. No or incorrect handshake no deal!

Better than a handshake would be encryption technology or a token system. Electronic token create unique code numbers every 30 seconds. The codes would assure a level of specificity that is statistically impossible to guess. They also provide anonymity.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top