JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've got a Kimber Classic II Target...would like to use it for bullseye shooting instead of my Ruger (I just like the feel of the Kimber), need a red dot, don't want to drill it.

I see Bsquare & Aimtech mounts on the web - I'd rather not replace the Hogue grips (Aimtech replaces right grip)....

Any suggestions or experience with those or other add-on red dot mounts?

Thanks!

I've seen listed for the burris fastfire red dot sight, that there is a mount that fits in the rear dovetail of the 1911 slide. I would double check that the kimber dovetail is standard to all 1911s. Lmk because I have a kimber that I wouldn't mind doing that to. Several other sight mounts I've seen are mounted on the dust cover of the 1911 and require drilling/tapping.

The Burris looks very interesting - and they have a Kimber mount, along with their standard 1911 mount. all available at Midway (backorder right now, but expected in next week). Wouldn't make the gun big and clumsy like other mounts and sights. wouldn't get in the way of ejection (some others report problems)

the sight is 4MOA, which is kind of big for bullseye, though....better for defense....but maybe OK

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top