JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When I lived in Australia many of the Old homes would have evaporative cooling systems using gutters and cloth sheeting around the porch and windows. The kitchen would have cooling cupboard which had fly screen sides and a reservoir for water cooling as well. The old refrigerators ran on kerosene having a tin fuel tank and a lamp wick that heated a coil charged with ammonia, the refer box wall was much thicker than modern fridge

That was interesting! When I was little, in rural Nevada, my folks used an evaporitave fridg made from a packing crate, burlap and a water reservoir. Worked very well.

My wife is from Australia and when we moved back to the USA we brought her "Meat Safe" it is wood with copper screen sides, solid wood back and a set of double doors on the front. It is a front room piece now but could easily be recomissioned for it's original purpose. BTW: enjoy many of your posts.
A1

My wife is from Australia and when we moved back to the USA we brought her "Meat Safe" it is wood with copper screen sides, solid wood back and a set of double doors on the front. It is a front room piece now but could easily be recomissioned for it's original purpose. BTW: enjoy many of your posts.
A1

Like to see a photo of that! Is it especially old?

It would be cool to have an ice cave like the ones over between Bend and Sisters on your property.

The nearest ice cave is 25 miles from me, local dairy men would pack ice in it during the winter for use in the summer. Root Cellars can be built above ground, a shipping container could be 'buried' and the storage space rented-out for a percentage of the produce.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top