JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Here is how a sporting rifle in .257 Rigby - AKA 7x57 Mauser, made by the hands of just one man.

I'm not going to mention money, although it is plainly obvious that a great deal of it would be needed to get one of these in your rifle rack.

Craftsman Ship ! :)

I found it interesting that he did a test cut for his barrel threads before he took it down to
size and cut the final threads.:)

Glass beding a stock? I thought everything was free floated now. :rolleyes:

Wile_E_Coyote_Gunsmith.jpg
Certainly has me thinking of that little unfinished project I have. LOL.

Aloha, Mark

I wasn't going to watch it all but once I was a few minutes into it I couldn't stop. I would love to he half as talented as he is........awesome! Thanks for posting the vid

I believe it to be small (blue paint) Fisher (Jerry Fisher) scraper. The maker also uses an octagon (green paint) Fisher scraper.

Nailed it!

I found a very similar guy to do the work on my rolling block. He was a member of the American Custom Gunmakers Guild. He built rifles from scratch using all the same tools and techniques. Sadly, he passed away about 3 years after completing my restoration. We were able to save about 75% of the original parts on this one. The rest he had to make from scratch. And yes, it was VERY expensive.

RRBRestore-LeftRcvrsm.jpg

Just like to point out that MNR's beautiful rifle that you see here was made in Vermont, NOT London. His price for this true work of gunsmith's art is about one quarter that of the same style of rifle made by John Rigby of London. Were I ever in the market for such a piece, I'd be leaving smoking footprints in the pavement on my way to Vermont. His .375 H&H Hatari rifle is a $100K 'London-grade' arm for $16K. Just to pick it up and put it to my shoulder would be worth the airfare to do it.

Just like to point out that MNR's beautiful rifle that you see here was made in Vermont, NOT London. His price for this true work of gunsmith's art is about one quarter that of the same style of rifle made by John Rigby of London. Were I ever in the market for such a piece, I'd be leaving smoking footprints in the pavement on my way to Vermont. His .375 H&H Hatari rifle is a $100K 'London-grade' arm for $16K. Just to pick it up and put it to my shoulder would be worth the airfare to do it.
Having been through a similar experience, I can attest.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top