JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm a big fan of the M1 Carbine. I had a couple of Inland's back when they were affordable.
I also had a Springfield M1 and an SA M1A.
If I could figure out a way that I could afford to switch over from the AR to an M1 Carbine I'd do it in a heartbeat. I've never cared for the AR, I'm an op-rod kind of guy.

Well he got some wrong. And he left a whole lot out.

Any refurbished M1A1 would be taken apart. With the gun's action going one direction, and the folding stock another.
In the end the refurbished M1A could have any Mfg. receiver in the stock. Winchester, Rock-ola, whatever.

The Army doesn't care about collectability. They just need a weapon that meats their specks.
So post rebuild. It's nice to see an Inland. But you can be pretty sure it wasn't made with that M1A1 stock.
And with 9 manufactures it's quite possibly put there by a collector if it's an Inland.

In any case Post rebuild correctness cant be proven. And truth be told any MFG would be correct.

Another thing I only see on origonals are the two notches on the lower hinge assembly shown below.
Recently I have seen the original style casting marks in the folding butt faked. So forget that.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads