JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Stuff thats still good to use but not worth a whole lot used, maybe a few things worth 20-30 bucks used and then some other stuff Id probably give away. Things you bought used once and said meh. Aside from my aversion to meeting strangers in parking lots I could get over that once.... locally, but just not motivated to do multiple times till I sell the few things. Trying to think of ideas like a single multi item take all box for a collective average price. Forgot what those are called do people go for that? I looked thru the accessory classifieds here and it seems like most of the miscellaneous items don't sell much.

What do you do with your miscellaneous extra gun stuff you no longer need?

Stuff thats still good to use but not worth a whole lot used, maybe a few things worth 20-30 bucks used and then some other stuff Id probably give away. Things you bought used once and said meh. Aside from my aversion to meeting strangers in parking lots I could get over that once.... locally, but just not motivated to do multiple times till I sell the few things. Trying to think of ideas like a single multi item take all box for a collective average price. Forgot what those are called do people go for that? I looked thru the accessory classifieds here and it seems like most of the miscellaneous items don't sell much.

Amazon will send your stuff to random Goodwill's around the country. They even pick up the shipping. All you have to do is pile it all in the box, label it and drop it of at a UPS store. Then if you miss your stuff and want to buy it again, go look on shopgoodwill.com where it may end up if it's good cr@p.

List the parts, take a picture of it and post it in the classifieds for $50 bucks and sell it only as a lot, no cherry-picking

Sell the lot on here, if it's a decent deal someone will come grab it, take the things they want, add in stuff they don't and they'll sell it to the next guy.

In 4 years your butterfly effect could build 100 rifles!

List the parts, take a picture of it and post it in the classifieds for $50 bucks and sell it only as a lot, no cherry-picking
Im leaning this way and kinda using this thread to see if people would go for that. I think it would be rare if someone wanted even just one item from the box though worth paying for the whole thing...

I've also thought about how to get rid of things that my packrat brain won't let me release. The pay-it-forward thread is a good tool. But I wonder why there's not a better one. Social media (including this site) make the prospect of giving to interested parties much easier. But there's a piece of giving where you really want to know it's going to the purpose you intended.

Kind of like when the cub scout troop needed to borrow .22 LR bolt actions to put on a gun safety and shooting clinic for new cubs. You were confident that lending your firearm to the cause made sense. Felt good. But there were a couple of folks who devoted a lot of time and energy to make that happen and it wouldn't have happened without their commitment.

Social media came along and promised to make those connections easier. But to really make things happen, I think you still need someone willing to lead the commitment. How nice would it be if we had not only a forum for new reloaders, but a place where old reloaders could donate equipment, and even time/energy?

Internet organizing that resulted in real human contact? Whoa. Seems weird. But there's a treasure trove of reloading gear sitting out there waiting for a regular way to connect the virtual with the actual. Still requires a scout leader. Those of you out there on the cusp of virtual 'communities' and actually getting useful things done should take notice.

I usually box up my extra items. and then take 'em to my gun club...
Then gift them or use them as trade item when making a cash deal.

( As in I don't have the asking price for something...but I have some cash and this cool , but unwanted item , by me , for use as a offer )
Andy

The gun club isn't a bad idea.

I usually put it up for free. Wait a few weeks, then recycle or trash.

We have a pay it forward thread here: https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/pay-it-forward-thread.26780/
Maybe someone can use the items if you no longer need them.

If none of these options appeal to you, there's always the pawn shop route. You probably won't get much, but it's better than nothing. Or they may take it in as a trade for something else in the shop you do want.

I keep everything. If a friend needs it it goes to them otherwise it gets packed away until I meet someone that needs it and it gets donated to them.

I like the idea of the free box at the local range. Maybe ask the range to give you a banker box and ask for a small donation for the range for each item from the box.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top