JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I stumbled on this because nothing else was working.

After going through six weeks' worth of getting notifications from Midway USA and then once you get to the website they're out of stock, over and over, and Brownell's was perpetually out of stock with no notification to waste your time, I tried this:

Here's the long story:

A little while ago I went ahead and placed an order @ Brownell's for some Magpul 20-round AR mags, got the "this is out of stock, what do you want to do?" pop-up... chose "add to cart and backorder" then completed the order through checkout.

Got their usual email "Web notification" which detailed the order and advised that the stock is on backorder. OK, so far so good.

Checked credit card next day and no charge on there. Good.

Here's the good part, about a week later, bang, here comes a shipping notification, the mags are on the way!

On the website they are still "out of stock" but they are shipping these things!!! :s0139: YMMV, but this worked for me (relatively) immediately.

*Here's the ADD short version: order through "backorder" at Brownell's and they don't charge your card 'till they ship, and they are shipping, even though it doesn't look like it! Woot!

I got mine here
<broken link removed>
Although that was back in April so I'm not sure about stock.

EDIT: I just read that they too are back ordered.

Here's my story:

Impact Guns: 30rd Magpuls in stock on 11/5; ordered two

Since then: order confirmation email said they were really on backorder (not in stock as suggested by website) plus they tell me they may be a higher price when they do come in (also not mentioned on website), two emails since then saying they're still on backorder

Del-Ton: 30rd Magpuls in stock on 11/6; ordered two

Since then: no additional communication since the confirmation email, they are now saying 12-16 weeks to ship your order (wonder if that includes the 8+ I've already waited?)

US Cavalry: showed 30rd Magpuls on backorder (until 12/4); ordered two on 11/16

Since then: no additional communication since the confirmation email (besides spam alerting me to sales), website now says they are backordered until 2/21 - what's that, almost three months more than originally promised?

I don't really need any more AR15 mags, but would like to get a couple more Magpuls just to have. Now, it's like some kind of perverse race to see which ones (if any) get here first.

Man, Sun195, Murphy's law says if you order some from Brownells then ALL of those others will ship at the same time, too!

I was very pleasantly surprised to see this "Your order has shipped" message from B's this quick. Maybe it doesn't always work this way with them but this time it was like hittin' the lotto! :)

Stop rubbing it in already!! :phone:

I too ordered a dozen pmags from Del-Ton on 11/08/08 SPECIFICALLY because they appeared to be in-stock at the time.

I check a week later when I order parts for my first AR... now they are out of stock and 8-12 weeks out. :eek:

Then... a few weeks after that... I check the Del-Ton web site again and still "on backorder" but now the site says 12-16 weeks out!! :s0001:

And now I get to wait... and I HATE to wait... :s0054:

Is it possible to cancel these backorders? At least at Midway USA you can, as they keep dragging out the "expected by" date one day at a time... I know some places just don't have a provision.

I just went through this with their 75gr TAP FPD, on Monday it was "expected in on 2/16" then on Tuesday it was "expected in on 2/17" etc., etc., foggetaboutit! :rolleyes:

I considered cancelling the order... but since I'd already waited 6 weeks by then and everyone else seemed to be backordered as well I figured... I might as well just stay in line. :eek:

I guess that's what I get for waiting until AFTER the election to pull the trigger (so to speak). :s0131:

Man, Sun195, Murphy's law says if you order some from Brownells then ALL of those others will ship at the same time, too!

Well, Murphy's Law did strike today. I stopped by the gun shop on my way home from work & asked whether they had any Pmags in stock (not really expecting them to say yes). Sure enough, they had two, so I bought them.

Then, as I walk up to the door, I spot a package. Hmm...wonder what that could be? I don't have anything coming (and it's not ticking...). It's my two Pmags from US Cavalry!

Depends on how many, and so weight, but average UPS, about $10.00 for a small order, they also will ship USPS FCM if the pkg. is light.

EDIT: I just ordered some cleaning patches and scope covers and the shipping via USPS was 4.50.

Doc,
How are their shipping charges?

Last Edited:
We KNEW it! Good deal, maybe they are getting caught up a little.

Ammo pressure remains high, though- my favorite flavor went *poof* in a few days at ATG this week..

Well, Murphy's Law did strike today. I stopped by the gun shop on my way home from work & asked whether they had any Pmags in stock (not really expecting them to say yes). Sure enough, they had two, so I bought them.

Then, as I walk up to the door, I spot a package. Hmm...wonder what that could be? I don't have anything coming (and it's not ticking...). It's my two Pmags from US Cavalry!

Guy's they are catching up. I still have Orange ones been selling off slowly. I got a notice from one of my distributors I have some black coming, the bulk of which filling back orders.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top