JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I live in pierce county and Bonney Lake is my local police station. They are closed and not accepting applications at all.

Do I have any other options than to simply wait for them to start processing apps again? Pierce County sheriff doesn't seem to be open for this either. I don't see how this is legal.

Actually it's much easier now. Go to southsound911.org. I renewed on line and received my new card in the mail a couple of days ago.

Actually it's much easier now. Go to southsound911.org. I renewed on line and received my new card in the mail a couple of days ago.
But yours was a renewal, I believe the original poster wanted to get a first time permit and those need to be done in person. I'm in that same group and I would need to go to Tacoma south sound 911 but they're closed to walk in business. I'm watching to see if there are other options?

The DOL website says:
If you live in the unincorporated area of a county apply at your sheriff's office. If you live in an incorporated city within the county, apply at either the city police department or sheriff's office. If you aren't a Washington State resident, apply at any local law enforcement agency in Washington.

Since it is a state license and WA is a "shall issue" state, perhaps contact the Attorney General's office if both your local police and sheriff will not administer the licensing.

Your gun owners legal plan attorney will be able to help you in getting this resolved.

And thanks for the reminder, I'm driving over to get my nonresident license today.

I got mine in Mason County fairly easily - I'm not sure if you can make the trek from Pierce Co. to Shelton but it may be valid to apply for it there. If you PM me, I can provide you the contact info of my local FFL here, who could answer your Qs.

Just to clarify this is for a first time CPL. South Sound 911 is doing renewals but also are not doing new CPL processing.

I'd like to carry my handgun with me in current times but don't want to break the law to do it. Pretty frustrating.

What about a Utah permit?

AFAIK, State of residence conceal carry permit/license is required to apply. Least ways it was back when we got ours.

-and from Utah Department of Public Safety:

• Non-resident proof of permit. If you reside in a state that recognizes the validity of the Utah CFP or has reciprocity with Utah, you must obtain a CFP or CCW from your home state and submit a copy of it with your application for a Utah permit. For a list of reciprocal states click here. You are considered a resident of whichever state issued your ID. If your state does not recognize the Utah permit this does not apply.

I think you're required to only go to your designated dealer or sheriff's department which is determind by where you live. . Since I live in Tacoma, I can only go to Tacoma South Sound 911.

Just to clarify this is for a first time CPL. South Sound 911 is doing renewals but also are not doing new CPL processing.

I'd like to carry my handgun with me in current times but don't want to break the law to do it. Pretty frustrating.

"Unlicensed" open carry is (still) legal in WA, that may be your only "legal" option at this time....

I live in pierce county and Bonney Lake is my local police station. They are closed and not accepting applications at all.

Do I have any other options than to simply wait for them to start processing apps again? Pierce County sheriff doesn't seem to be open for this either. I don't see how this is legal.

I'd be calling them every single day until I was satisfied.

I'd also be in contact with my local 2A lobby group and representatives in government.

As dumb as it sounds I might even contact ACLU to find out if they'd demonstrate good faith to their namesake.

Good luck.

I called Mason County Sherrod dept. and was told they will not, or cannot process an out of county application. I don't understand why not as it's all WA state but it might be to not be overwhelmed with other counties CPL forms. The whole situation seems bogus.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews