JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A basic rule of thumb is if someone can find a pic of you on the internet by googling your name you are not doing all you can to shield your identity the best you can. Of course, it is pretty much impossible these days. Searching my name will tell you everything about me and I am on NO social networks. Sucks. (Own a small company, can't be avoided)

Today hiding is near impossible. (Unless you have a spare $200-$300k)
If you have registered fingerprints or retinal scan it will fail to work at some juncture.

A long time ago I somehow got on "God knows" ... some strange agencies radar.
(Got lotsa life threatening messages ... late night calls etc ... from some unknown agency.)
At the time you could loop your personal address to a PO box. (Available in some places but unlawful)
You could trade stocks in Canada accts. like trading offshore. (Not available)
You could open bank accts with meeting notes from non 501-C3 Church accts (Still doable btw)
You could have your children home birthed and not assign an SS# nor file to their names. (Hard but still possible. Always get a Birth Cert. A pia after the fact.)
You could have all of your utilities in various different company names. (Still available)
You could have your vehicle insurance in various different company names. (Still available)
You could have your ODL at a remote location. (Available difficult but unlawful)
You could obtain a passport with those remote locations as your addy. (Available difficult but unlawful)

However thorough one gets the lines of perfecting anonymity require wealth and unlawful actions.

So while making your whereabouts a difficult matter for prying eyes ... is very doable.
Staying lawful is advisable.

I had my life threatened, my wifes life threatened and weird calls that demonstrated someone knew what my phone calls were about and my daily life was about.
So I had a very good reason to do what I did ... but it was a fair amount of work and for the most part just isn't available readily.

The expense of perfecting a total disappearance has risen from 10's of thousands of dollars to ridiculous sums now. (Plus it is illegal and very risky)

A combination of the legal methods available plus the **"Fruitfly" theory of anonymity is wise and reasonably easy.
(** a fruit fly is tiny quiet unobtrusive obscure and rarely detected. They are hard to swat since the movement of a larger mass just blows them out of the way of danger.)

I am not on the internet in any social media, only under aliases.
And obviously my real name is not Salted Weapon. Some know my first name maybe 4 on here and approximate area of Oregon.
There is no information on the internet about me, pictures or otherwise. A run of the mill investigator would have a hard time getting anything. Even public records accessible to the public do not show whom I am.

The problems are like many it is places like banks and institutions that hold your information.
Here are the problems, and it could be avoided.

1. Until about 1987( I think 87) you did not need a SS# until you were 18 or worked. If you never got one in that sense you do not exist.
2. With a SS# you can not get a bank account, license etc.
3. DMV has began taking finger prints not to long ago and now that makes a problem and makes a SS# less needed.
4. If you want to stay or try and stay off the grid then realize your id is priceless and someday that may be something worth having. If you start now you may be able to hide from some prying eyes.
5. I would say more then 75% of the members on here have no idea what approved public records are out there, and with no money and a little time Joe citizen can find out just about everything you do. Most think things are private, allot is not and was given away with sneaky back door laws, where a call can get you allot.

There are ways to hide, the older you are the easier because most people over 40 have little electronic pasts. And most of what is on the internet make it hard to know you without knowing it. Another awesome tool of the internet is misdirection. If you create a new you when you first start going online your trace will be very small if at all. Like I said I have been on the internet along time even before there was what everyone calls the internet, we used BBS, etc. and yet my foot print is pretty well hidden. But you can not hide from big brother unless you want to do so illegally or with out life's conveniences.

While I agree with those who think hiding is nearly impossible a step in the right direction would be to try to live without a mailing address. I know it sounds funny, and reminiscent of the episode of Seinfeld when Kramer wanted "Out of the system" but if you think about it a mailing address is a powerful 'hold' on us.

I just googled my name and as I expected, nada. Just for fun I googled my handle on this site and it came up with the address to my profile. No real surprise there. Oddly though, when I hit images it brought up a bunch of photos of WW2 Nambu pistols, Japanese flags and other old battle gear. And one photo of Bert Gummer! Really odd!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top