JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I own a Bodyguard. During school I would just put it in a zippered pocket with a thin piece of cardboard to distort the picture on my coverall's. My everyday concealment I just store it in the right side jean pocket, not the big one, but the small pocket. If you can picture that the Bodyguard's muzzle and trigger guard is in the pocket and leaves the grip frame exposed. I wear a medium sized shirt over it with no problems.

I'm currently conceal carrying a S&W M&P40c, usually in jeans and a T-shirt. I've asked my girlfriend, friends, family if they noticed while wearing these types of clothes and none were the wiser. Used to constantly freak out about printing until I realized, no one is paying attention. In my experience, the only people who will notice are people who are carrying themselves since they know what to look for.

Depending on your carry piece, the Galco Pocket Pro can be your friend; well made and very affordable.

I carry a S&W 638 in mine.
Galco-Pocket-Protector-PRO486-601299077218.jpg For example: <broken link removed> (I don't know GrabAGun from personal experience but their price is right). I got mine at Amazon.

I carry a fusionpac with my xds .45. They use a velcro band that is very comfortable and seems to last so far. This doesn't have any clips for the belt so completely concealed and you can tuck in a shirt with no problem. No real print to speak of but did push my pants down the first few times but gets better as you wear it in.
Only real negative is it took two months to get because all holsters are custom made but pretty norm for the season we are in.
http://www.tactipac.com/

First post from the noob. Love the forums!:D

I use a pocket holster for pocket carry, and an IWB holster for IWB and an OWB holster for OWB carry.

I don't use a shoulder rig, never have, I have enough trouble with panty lines, I don't need bra strap issues too.

The qualifications for a holster for me is that they:

A-have to retain the pistol, nothing worse than bending over and discovering you've just magically pooped a pistol in front of everyone. It happened to me once, I was just checking into the whole is CC thing for me? I was in my car, no one saw it, Uncle Mike's sold their first and last last holster to me.

B-retain the pistol in the same position, I'm being picky here, I know.

Lastly-it has to enhance concealability, Stuffing a pistol in a holster that triples the bulk of the thing in your pocket isn't fooling anybody. "Is that a potato in your pocket? or are you just here to shoot me?"

I use a pocket holster for pocket carry, and an IWB holster for IWB and an OWB holster for OWB carry.

I don't use a shoulder rig, never have, I have enough trouble with panty lines, I don't need bra strap issues too.

The qualifications for a holster for me is that they:

A-have to retain the pistol, nothing worse than bending over and discovering you've just magically pooped a pistol in front of everyone. It happened to me once, I was just checking into the whole is CC thing for me? I was in my car, no one saw it, Uncle Mike's sold their first and last last holster to me.

B-retain the pistol in the same position, I'm being picky here, I know.

Lastly-it has to enhance concealability, Stuffing a pistol in a holster that triples the bulk of the thing in your pocket isn't fooling anybody. "Is that a potato in your pocket? or are you just here to shoot me?"
The good thing about.. nevermind.

Get some baggy cargo pants or cargo shorts that have big pocket openings. Then get a glock 42 or a S&W 442 with a desantis pocket holster. Pocket hosters will give you the fastest draw time because you already have your hand in your pocket on the gun. You can even cheat by drawing it 1/2 way out of the pocket and nobody would know your already halfway through your draw-stroke.

So, I've been carrying my ATI FX 45 GI 1911 OWB using a Razor Six Tactical RAID-X with a Remora Rapid belt during the winter. But with warmer weather coming on, I was doing some research on how to carry the same weapon and came across this article "Criteria for Selecting Your Holster..." on USACarry.com.

After reading the article, I decided to give the Alien Gear Holster a try. What could go wrong for less than $30.00. I've been carrying this 4.5" 1911 for the past month with no one the wiser. Sometimes I've got a Columbia vest on but most times I've got a Hawaiian shirt or other relaxed fit button up shirt on. My wife has a Sig P238 and I bought a IWB Alien Gear Holster for it as well. I had it on with just a t-shirt this past weekend and no one noticed.

I'm currently conceal carrying a S&W M&P40c, usually in jeans and a T-shirt. I've asked my girlfriend, friends, family if they noticed while wearing these types of clothes and none were the wiser. Used to constantly freak out about printing until I realized, no one is paying attention. In my experience, the only people who will notice are people who are carrying themselves since they know what to look for.

Yep that is my experience also, the average dolt is too consumed with his/her dumbphone to be bothered with paying attention tothe world around them. I carry an FNP 45 all the time, at Starbucks even when I pull my jacket off, I have had no one say a word. either they dont notice or they are intimidated by my BFG.

Since the Starbucks "please don't OC here" memo, how is being openly armed in there treated? I carry concealed myself most of the time and so they don't see my G-21.

Remember it was the pro gun lobby that made Starbucks take a stand. If they had not started open carry rallies at Starbucks,they would have stayed neutral
Just sayin'

I carry a 9mm Sig P290rs in a SHTF Gear IWB holster with a strong, wide belt. At times I'll switch it out to a Ruger LPC also in an identical SHTF Gear holster. The LCP w/ lazer just disappears when carried IWB!
Remember, printing is not brandishing! To be even less obtrusive I use Leatherman knife and flashlight pouches for spare magazines. Cheaper and more normal looking.

A normal fitting t-shirt worn outside the pants will conceal a large handgun (4" N frame or 1911 worn 4:00 or so) on people with a long and halfway fit body.. no holster if you want to do it right.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top