JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Clothes make the man.
Wear a print - it hides any bulges better than say a plain white T.
A bit thicker / heavier material can do wonders.
Going up one size or going to 'loose fit' helps a great deal, this is what I do for collared T-shirts (Polo's)

If you don't "play" with it, then who will really notice? I think that is the biggest thing - don't have a tell of adjusting or fiddling with your concealed item (same holds true for a knife)

If you have to wear snug clothing - such as a uniform - then you might look into off the body solutions.
PP suggested a fanny pack - there are those made with an extra pouch for your pistol and quick access.
A bible cover can fit right in in a lot of places. Or a day planner (those were much more common 20 years back)
A purse - I work around a large number of Taiwanese, men with purses are common place there.
But - please ensure you are not one who would forget the item somewhere.

I see this on here and other places all the time ..."I want to look cool for all my peeps and the chicks but I want to carry..."
It is my opinion that people need to grow up and dress to carry not adjust the way they carry for how they dress.
You will have one way that suits you best to draw efficiently. That's how you should carry,then dress accordingly.
I've read about folks who carry many different guns,I think this is just asking for trouble drawing and using your weapon.I mean unless you were diligent enough to go back and train drawing that gun with a new holster and all.
In the summer months I wear button down shirts that hide my belly and my side arm.(doesn't work for the belly though). But then I don't carry every day

Just my 2 cents,nothing more
Mike

I carry and XDS in a IWB Tuckable hybrid. You have probably walked past me in cargo shorts and a T-shirt during the warmer months. Never would know I'm carrying. I've even carried in gym shorts and a muscle shirt with the waste cinched tight-not very comfortable but it works for running to the store for something.

Hawaiian shirts, fanny packs, small bags like a shoulder back pack.
Im a big guy 6'6 and 320ish.. I could conceal a mac-10, a 12g double barrel shotgun and a full apple pie and no one would be the wiser. In some aspects larger clothing can pay off.
As a working man, tight clothes always ripped and Ive since worn baggy clothing.

Unless you downgrade to a smaller platform, you'll usually have to tailor your attire to better conceal the weapon.

However, if it prints.. No big deal.. For all anyone knows, It could be an insulin pump.

Last Edited:
I don't know about Oregon but printing ain't illegal in WA like some states.
Nice thing about this burg is 80% carry and everyone I know thinks I am carrying so never any surprise to anyone.

FWIW, I know this one guy who wears skinny jeans and a tight shirt all the time. He carries a Shield in a hybrid holster in the small of his back and it seems to work for him.
S O B. I can understand but just the thought of being that close to mr. Johnson just sends a chill down my back not to mention the idiot scratches from a belt buckle if there too.

Ruger LC9 in a OWB holster with a mag holder on it. I wear 1/4 zip sweatshirts in 2XL and that covers that real well. Warmer weather for me is shorts and shirt with tails out always. No problem there.

If I have to wear a suit or may need to take my coat off, I have a Tarus TCP .380 in a pocket holster that looks like my wallet. Wife carry's it most of the time in a back jean pocket.

When the weather gets warmer, I'll usually start to carry appendix. It's not as comfortable as 4 o'clock but I can conceal it far better.

Before I make the switch I spend some time drawing with a unloaded gun and have a few dedicated trips to the range where all I do Is work on a modified draw stroke.

One thing I had to change is where I carry my money. I used to carry a wallet strong side, rear pocket, but no more. I was at a local stop & rob and behind me was a family. As I tried to get the wallet out, without flashing to the kid whose face was in my butt, I realized the problem.

All good info folks! I just got my CC card and It's good to read how other people carry and what. I've got a compact Semiauto in 9mm and plan to carry in front pocket with a holster, or maybe I should get larger pants so I can carry it in the Waist.

I routinely wear a 4 inch Kimber in a Crossbreed under an untucked tee shirt, or polo shirt all day everyday without being "discovered". A Shield should not prove to be much more of a challenge than a 1911 to carry concealed.

All due respect, but I gotta say that regardless of whether or not it is legal, a school of any kind is not the best place to learn how to carry concealed. I'm not saying to not do it, but I believe you should be well practiced before you do it. There is no cheap or easy way to carry concealed effectively, comfortably and easily. It is going to take time, practice and stack of holsters. Packing brings with it a totally different mindset, IMHO.

I'm a tall skinny guy and unlike some others, I think you can switch out your pistol and holster to accommodate different clothing choices, weather conditions, social situations, etc. I switch between pocket, IWB, OWB, and shoulder regularly. I haven't had to buy any new pants. If you are worried about having to practice each time you switch, you probably are not practiced enough to begin with. Start off with a Remora holster and you can learn where in the waist (and whether) you like to carry it.

Again, please practice whatever you choose before heading on to the college campus. Best of luck.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top