JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My college allows conceal and carry. My pistol is an smith and wessen shield. How can I carry while wearing snug clothing, with nothing showing even after I remove my jacket? Summer is coming up so clothes are going to get lighter and thinner. Any thoughts or suggestions?

The shield is a great gun, but a bit chunky IMHO. Tight clothing and a concealable gun don't exactly go hand-in-hand.

I carry an M&P 9c in a <broken link removed> all summer in shorts and a T-shirt, for 4 years now. Of course they are not tight fitting. Sure occasionally I print, but it is no big deal in my state as OC and CC are both legal.

Well I don't go to any gyms, and not sure what the falls is. So apparently there are places they are still common. I see them so seldom and the folks I do see them on are one I would assume have a gun. There is no problem with that, just making a comment on an opinion. If I am thinking it there are also others thinking it..........

Untucked Kramer shirt, good belt to hold your shorts and gun up and yer good with style.

147720105_855c5354fb.jpg

Perfect reason to have something like a Ruger LCP or other very small thin auto that can be carried in a wallet type holster. Also a small revolver can be carried in a front pocket slip holster.

G19 with a Raven Concealment Vanguard 2. Appendix carry. I can wear shorts and a t-shirt and you'd never notice.
Shirts alway rumple up in the waist/beltline, so concealing a gun in that is easy. Plus, with the Vanguard, the shirt can be tucked in as well.

My EDC is a glock 23 gen 4 in a CompTac MTAC holster. Absolutely love the holster, and the glock 23 is small enough for me to carry with just a T-shirt. If I am wearing a large jacket or a comfortable button up I can carry my glock 21, but I much prefer to carry the g23.

I am not a big guy (5' 9" and about 170, 31" waist and M shirts), but I can get away with wearing a full size 1911 IWB even with somewhat snug t-shirts. I usually carry between 2 and 3 o'clock with a Gote Gear hybrid and the gun canted forward. You'll print a little, but that is mostly when bending over. A friend couldn't tell I was carrying when I asked. An excellent choice is to follow Certaindeaf's advice and get some patterned short sleeve shirts like he shows. Goodwill usually has them for less than $10. YMMV

Good belt is the key at a 12oclock position, Uncle Mikes or Blackhawk IWB. Been carrying this way for years from fullsize 1911's to the little Sig P238. Even in shorts and tank top, no one ever suspected. And im not a big guy. 6' 175'ish...

If you like snug clothes then use an IWB holster and wear a tank top as an undergarment and wear a more loose fitting shirt, untucked, over it (T-shirt or button-up shirt). The tanktop allows the skin between you and your gun/holster to breathe and makes carrying more comfortable. I use a Milt Sparks "Executive's Companion" leather IWB holster at about 4:30 o'clock for all my handguns - been doing it this way (or similar) for 14 of the 30 years that I've been CCW'ing.

I also, at times, carry a Seecamp .32 in my pants pocket for those quick trips when I don't want to jock-up with an IWB holster.

You might also consider a Sneaky Pete holster - http://www.sneakypeteholsters.com/

Good luck!

As other people have said, dress around your gun.

I have experimented with different types of carry options, except for small of back, appendix, and shoulder. IWB, OWB, and pocket jacket carry. All of them have their benefits and disadvantages. I eventually settled for IWB and OWB. Only full-size pistols.

I am not a fan of subcompact, compact, or James Bond'ish sized pistols.
It's just not for me anymore. So I can't advise on how to carry this outside of shoving them in your jacket pocket. Ideally a large pocket is necessary so that the slide doesn't catch on the inside of the jacket or catch as you pull it out (I had this problem once). Also remember the weight of a pistol if you jacket carry and the slouch of the jacket if you pocket carry in your jacket. You can off-set this with another pistol, or a rock.

Remember the pacific northwest isn't a difficult place to carry a full sized pistol concealed, just wear a sporty-rain coat, that covers your waist, pay attention to printing (more of a problem with OWB, than IWB in my opinion), and also remember do crotch more then bending your back. Sure it looks awkward, but when you remind people you somehow have "back problems" they tend to mind their own business suddenly.

As bnsaibum said, Your Mileage May Vary.

If fashion matters more to you than carrying, you probably shouldn't carry, or get used to carrying compact pistols.

Remember the pacific northwest isn't a difficult place to carry a full sized pistol concealed, just wear a sporty-rain coat, that covers your waist, pay attention to printing (more of a problem with OWB, than IWB in my opinion),

It is good to be aware of printing, but most of the time it is not a big deal. In most of the PNW both OC and CC are legal so printing is a non-issue from a legal standpoint. Most of the time I could care less if I print, or even show my gun. Say I go into a restaurant with my jacket on, I am CC. I take off my jacket to sit down, now I am OC.

There are a few times and places where I don't want people to know I am carrying but that is not often. I know everyones situation is different, but just stating from a legal standpoint. These days even if you do print most people just think you have a phone, iPod or other gadget on your hip like many do.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top