JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The 10-22 is popular because its a fun size and semi auto. But Ive never considered it high end. I dont think modifying it with a cleaning rod hole (that cant be seen) will hurt its resell value much. I dont know if I would care anyways... I dont plan on ever selling it. A 22lr rifle is one of those staple guns everyone should own.
Yep their fun and kinda like the AR they have a huge aftermarket to pick from to modify into a more personalized rifle, what I call the other Barbi for men.......

1673369425502.jpeg

I dont think if you drilled the reciever for cleaning that it would matter to a perspective new owner, especially if they were told why it was there.

They make pull through cleaning kits. It's essentially the same as a rod, just backwards.

1673373498882.jpeg

your 94 should have a metal trigger housing, my 98 one does. I have one of those fieldmasters from around 84 good lil rifle and you can shoot shorts too.
Are you calling me a liar? How dare you sir! Uh, I said I didn't have $5,000 in mods on my 10/22. I might not have mentioned that I replaced the factory trigger in my Ruger Charger with a BX-25 trigger my wife bought on sale at Bi-Mart for about $35. Well, that trigger on the Charger wasn't so bad. In fact, it was better than the one on my 10/22. So, I pulled the original out and put the Charger trigger in. I just checked the trigger in my spare parts drawer. Yep, metal. Okay, so I forgot. So, sue me! Hey, I'm old and you can't expect me to remember these things. :s0140:

I'm glad this thread came up. I was thinking about selling that trigger in my parts drawer. Now that I realize what it is, I think I'll hang onto it.

Love my Fieldmaster. Mine is probably about ten years older than yours.

Hey @gmerkt, are you catching all of this? Forget what I said about the plastic trigger.

But profit margin wise…yea, Ruger is making a killing compared to yesteryear.
Yes, there can be dynamics involved in price increase that don't necessarily correspond strictly with the influences of inflation. One glaring example is the price of new vehicles. But part of this has been government regulation that has mandated the incorporation of additional safety features. With firearms, we may assume that the costs of litigation have been folded into new firearms prices, maybe.

AR rifles have their own dynamic. They would cost more today had it not been for a huge expansion in competition that built up in the early 2000's. When Colt was the only game in town, they were fairly expensive compared to other rifles.

Cost of doing business and materials has gone up too. Plus they have to factor in competition.
I dont know what their profit margin is but hopefully its good enough they stay in business.

Other than a Red Ryder, my first gun of my very own was a Remington Fieldmaster .22 pump action I received for 8th grade graduation.
You just dated yourself with that "8th Grade Graduation" comment!

My oldest sister has that diploma. Eight grade graduation had been dropped before the middle sister and I passed 8th grade. ;)

You just dated yourself with that "8th Grade Graduation" comment!

My oldest sister has that diploma. Eight grade graduation had been dropped before the middle sister and I passed 8th grade. ;)
Truth be told, I didn't actually have a true "8th Grade Graduation" and no diploma. They discontinued the practice after my older sister benefited from it, and before I got the chance. My constant whining and complaining about the profound unfairness of it all, ensured I at least received a graduation gift of some magnitude. I still look fondly at my Fieldmaster. And, not to toot my own horn too much (it was a small school), I also look fondly at my certificate that reads: "Eighty grade top scholar". No, that's not a typo. Well, not on my part anyway. Full disclosure, I tied with a buddy of mine for the honor, but his certificate read: "Eighth grade top scholar", so he always said he was the legitimate winner. :s0166: I was happy he finally forgot to bring it up at our 40th class reunion.

I made my own 'pull through' for my 22/45 using a Green (or Orange) weedwhacker line. Tie a knot in one end (that is smaller than your bore) cut the other end at an angle to make a reasonably sharp tip. Push the tip through a patch and push the patch down to the knot, feed the pointy end through the breach end of the barrel, and pull the patch through the barrel and out the end. Getting the knot the the right size may take some experimentation. Some brushes even come with a loop at one end as if made for this. Also, make the line long to wrap around your hand if needed. It doesn't take long for that line to become slippery.
I usually do this with the pistol and have only done this once on my 10/22, but it worked OK.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top