JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
How to buy an Armoured Personnel Carrier
Posted 5 hours ago in NFA / Suppressors / Class III by Steve Johnson with 27 Comments
Tags: military, russia
1205077-original-660x260.jpg
This is a little off topic, but we often discuss international arms deals on TFB and, like me, many of you readers are big fans of the movie Lord of War (2005) which has been also discussed on TFB a number of times. If you have ever wondered how international arms deals go down, wonder no more. A Russia blogger [URL='http://ntv.livejournal.com/364943.html']has documented all the steps it took him to purchase a BRDM-2 amphibious armored vehicle from that wonderful emporium of all things Soviet, the Republic of Belarus. Turns out it is as easy as logging into a Belarus government website, add a tank/plane/apc to your shopping cart and then heading to Belarus with a wad of cash money (equivalent to $9500 USD). Remarkably simple. Тима wrote …[/URL]
I had to write this blog entry, since many still cannot believe I managed to purchase a BRDM-2 (Combat Reconnaissance/Patrol Vehicle). Yes, I really did buy it, and brought it to Russia myself.
Belarus overall and it's Defence Ministry in particular do sell a tremendous amount of various combat and non-combat items. Recently they created a moderately easy-to-use website, which contains information on all items up for sale.
They sell everything, from teapots to speedboats, armored personnel carriers and planes. I heard that soon they are going to make it a fully-fledged online store with a shopping basket and delivery services. "Your basket contains 1 item: a T-64B tank. Do you want to continue shopping?". Fricking amazing! At times the catalogue contains photos of the items, but it's best to view things like that for yourself. Unfortunately, foreign nationals (including russians) have to book a visit two weeks in advance with the State Security Committee of the Republic of Belarus (KGB RB for short), otherwise you won't be able to enter the military bases.
[URL='http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/09/19/buy-armoured-personnel-carrier/1202871_original-2/']
1202871-original1-660x495.jpg

The driver had a nice sense of humor and at the first three police stops he was like:
Police: What's this?
Driver: That's for our guys on the South-East.
Police: Okay, carry on.

Now before you go on a Belarus spending spree, make sure there are no sanctions or embargoes preventing the import and export of military equipment to your own country (and all the countries you would need to have the equipment pass through before it gets to you).
It is also worth pointing out that the other way of buying a armored vehicle is to <broken link removed> .
- See more at: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/09/19/buy-armoured-personnel-carrier/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=rss#sthash.CJri5svM.dpuf[/URL]

I got a buddy in Idaho that in the late 90's bought two Saracen apc's in England and shipped them over. I think he had about $15,000 in both of them shipping included. He still has one. He did a Cummins motor and Alison trans swap in it to make it more street-able

My understanding when it comes to buying former soviet surplus vehicles like this, that a T34 is going to run you about the same price delivered as a honda civic. The biggest headache on these kinds of things is to have them pull the gun and import that as a separate shipment so it can go to someone who can demil it without completely destroying everything. (by this I mean welding the barrel to the mantlet so when you go to do restore work you need to cut the tube off)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top