Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

How to be safe in crowds

Discussion in 'Education & Training' started by ATCclears, Apr 23, 2013.

1. ATCclears

ATCclears Seattle area, WA Well-Known Member

2. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

Crowds; Especialy Churches will become increasingly hazardous places to be, (all the Christians in Africa are being murdered, europe will fold like a cheap wallet, the US is next.)

3. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

7. When the authorities are prepping for a 'drill' get far, far away and fast. 7 is a much more important tip than the others.

If I was there at the marathon and saw sniffer dogs and armored-up cops everywhere and even heard "nothing to be concerned about folks, we are just running a drill' over the loud speakers I would have done an instant 'exit stage left' and got the f out of there. I know the drill so to speak.

The rest is simply fear mongering and nonsense. You are more likely to choke on a peanut and die than you are to be a victim of a 'terrorist.' You are more likely to be struck twice in the same spot by lightning. Then why are you even concerned about it on any level whatsoever?

Because you are being manipulated, your irrational emotions are being stirred to the surface for your own detriment. Look at the hundreds of stories about Boston on the boob tube, all there to condition you to be fearful.

Don't live your life in paranoia and fear, that is what they want so you are more docile and easily herded and controlled. So you will give up every freedom, so you won't object to being molested at every coming TCA checkpoint. So you can be all coddled in your false safety bubble, but always worried about what 'might happen.'

Stop playing into this staged fear BS and man up.

4. Botte Hork

Botte Hork Camas WA Well-Known Member

That's why terrorists have won. Tremendous amounts of resources are wasted on window dressing and people are scared. It means they won. This is why I don't mind flying on 9/11. There's no reason not to be situational aware, but that's rather for 'regular' crime than to keep an eye on "terrorists".

5. Colt Carbine

Colt Carbine Oregon Gears-N-Guns

Sheeple to the left of me, sheeple to the right......

6. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

This recent event doesn't worry me just gets me angry besides the law of averages has been my friend for awhile.

7. asiparks

asiparks PDX Active Member

^ this ^
    It's been demonstrated that just two people with a couple of IEDs can bring a major US city to a grinding standstill for 24 hours. Whether they had both lived or died, they were in their terms, successful.

8. lowly monk

lowly monk Beaverton, Oregon. Just a guy. Bronze Supporter

What would Worf do.

9. Father of four

Father of four Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

Burt Gummer and (deleted member) like this.
  10. Asp

Asp Oregon, the promise land. Active Member

rocky3 and (deleted member) like this.
  11. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

Stay away from them.

12. Father of four

13. RVTECH

I think I will stay in my 1,583 population with unlimited wood for heat and unlimited water. The food part may be problem but two outta three ain't bad!

14. RVTECH

I can always run into Bend to witness the tragedy if I need. The cross section of freaks, dope addicts, counterculture types, ultra rich idiots and the well-dressed pan handlers will provide all the entertainment anyone would need during any disaster, no matter how slight.

15. RVTECH

Yep, a nice area of Oregon also and not nearly as popular as Deschutes County. I never spent much time in the area but if I recall Ashland once had the distinction of being the safe haven for the refugees from the San Francisco Summer of Love in 1967. I suspect many are still there.

16. Burt Gummer

Since I have given up on the idea of being an Expatriot and getting the hell out of Dodge before the place turns into Stalinist Russia, I have given the idea of moving out to a small town a lot of thought. I am probably 4-5 years away from 'retiring' so that would be a good time. Not confident about the hammer taking that long to fall through. May get stuck in PDX within the sea of drones and morons. How easily the sheep were manhandled in Boston makes me believe my original 'escape from NY' timetable is too long to hope for ....

17. Father of four

18. Burt Gummer

Well as long as you have a local UPS driver and Ebay exists I don't care at all about malls.

Malls, bleech. I used to love going to malls and then I saw George Carlin's standup years ago in Vegas about our worthless consumer society buying loads of crap we'll never really need. LOL. So true. Now I might go to a mall once a year.

1 person likes this.
  19. Provincial

Provincial Near Salem, OR Well-Known Member

I got my moniker in college when an eliteist liberal upper classman (from the West Hills of Portland) derided me as "militantly provincial." He thought it was an insult, but I embraced it with pride.

I love living away from urban areas. I have lived in several, including Portland, Seattle, Oakland CA, and San Juan PR. I live on the property I grew up on, and it is several miles outside of a small town. Last house up the year-round stream, with great neighbors (not too close, but close enough to help each other) fully forested with lots of game.

I don't see any advantage to consumer spending and entertainment centers in urban areas. Just a waste of time and money. I prefer to enjoy the outdoors and my extended family.

20. Misterbill

Misterbill Yakima County, Washington New Member

Other than basic situational awareness, I see no need to be particularly paranoid or fearful.

You are several orders of magnitude more likely to be struck by lightning than to be present and in any danger during a terrorist attack in the US.

The abandoned backpacks in Boston, from what I can tell, were only there for a minute or so before they exploded. If you were standing right there, no matter how paranoid you are, you likely wouldn't have happened to BOTH notice them AND REACTED in time to be of any help to you.

Based on the odds of being a victim of such an attack here, I'll roll them dice all damn day long. There is no reason on earth to change, modify or adjust my behavior based on such events. You should ALREADY be checking your AO for abandoned packages, no matter WHERE you are. You should ALREADY be checking out the people around you to ID a potential threat no matter WHERE you are.

And you notice that all the bomb-sniffing dogs, all the cops in their ^&&*(@! militaristic gear and all the usual Police-State tactics of the People's Republik of Massachusetts, including their gun laws, didn't stop the attack, didn't stop the perps from illegally obtaining guns and were of no assistance in catching the bad guys. Citizens who were paying attention their AO were responsible for finding the bad guys.

I'm just sick to death of all the paranoia and fear every time something bad happens. Get the &)#%! over it already. you're about 1,000 times more likely on any given day to be seriously injured or killed in a car wreck than in a mass shooting or terrorist incident and no one thinks twice about driving.

Damned if I'll modify where I go or what events I attend out of fear that lightning will strike me. There are things a lot worse than dying. Living like a scared sheep is one of them.

lowly monk and (deleted member) like this.