JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah the newyorker's crap article reminds me of the history channel or discovery and their use of fear tactics to give a worse case biblical scenario to boost ratings.

It can still happen. It pays to be ready, but no matter what you have stashed, when your house is in a pile of rubble, good luck getting it

I'm reminded of phases of my life that were determined by what I had experienced just a few years prior;
When I came out of the service I hated everything 'green, camo, regimented, codified, strack, and well ordered'. I acted accordingly.

When I came back from living a year in the Aussie bush I loved everything 'propane, 3-way ice chest, diesel, passive solar, air conditioned, painted white, fish trap, "4 be 4", 6X6, self contained, Kerosene powered fridge, mossie netting, Suppressed, over the counter, 22LR.

Of course each time I went from one place to another I had to adapt and learn to love that kerosene fridge or 'whatever' that gave me comfort & safety

When I changed locations and cultures I discovered that the 'locals' had different laws, customs and expectations of their world and how their lives and the lives of their children would progress.
I guess what I'm saying is it's good to do what you need to do to protect yourself, just don't miss-out on the local fish fry/oyster bake in the process!;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top