Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

How to be safe after the big PNW earthquake

Discussion in 'Preparedness & Survival' started by MrNatural, Sep 9, 2015.

1. MrNatural

MrNatural Oregon Well-Known Member

erudne and Sgt Nambu like this.
  2. rick benjamin

rick benjamin USA, Or, Damascus Secure the drama Silver Supporter 2016 Volunteer

erudne likes this.
  3. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I plan to leave my food, cash and my two guns on the front lawn so FEMA and other looters will take them and leave us alone!

Slobray, Hayshaker, Joe13 and 3 others like this.
  4. Oathkeeper1775

Oathkeeper1775 Coast Range Well-Known Member

5. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

That's a great idea!
    I have a Crossman CO2 BB rifle and some old rations I can surrender!o_O

blackadder likes this.
  6. Oathkeeper1775

Oathkeeper1775 Coast Range Well-Known Member

Goodwill already has everything I intend to surrender..

7. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Yeah the newyorker's crap article reminds me of the history channel or discovery and their use of fear tactics to give a worse case biblical scenario to boost ratings.

It can still happen. It pays to be ready, but no matter what you have stashed, when your house is in a pile of rubble, good luck getting it

Hook686 and erudne like this.
  8. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

Time to start worrying about volcanic eruptions :confused:

Hook686 and clearconscience like this.
  9. edslhead

edslhead Vanc Gold Supporter Gold Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

Lucky for me , I live 1/4 mile east of I5

Hook686, erudne and blackadder like this.
  10. erudne

I'm reminded of phases of my life that were determined by what I had experienced just a few years prior;
    When I came out of the service I hated everything 'green, camo, regimented, codified, strack, and well ordered'. I acted accordingly.

When I came back from living a year in the Aussie bush I loved everything 'propane, 3-way ice chest, diesel, passive solar, air conditioned, painted white, fish trap, "4 be 4", 6X6, self contained, Kerosene powered fridge, mossie netting, Suppressed, over the counter, 22LR.

Of course each time I went from one place to another I had to adapt and learn to love that kerosene fridge or 'whatever' that gave me comfort & safety

When I changed locations and cultures I discovered that the 'locals' had different laws, customs and expectations of their world and how their lives and the lives of their children would progress.
    I guess what I'm saying is it's good to do what you need to do to protect yourself, just don't miss-out on the local fish fry/oyster bake in the process!;)