JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
since the government can't force you to purchase a product, they'll try and pull an Obamacare and call it a "tax." oops - you can't tax a constitutionally-guaranteed right. good way to guarantee that the law will self-destruct in SC review.

Let's hope. That's exactly what I figured would be the outcome when Nannycare went to the SC... nearly drove off the road hearing the outcome of that vote while in route to work. Of course in this case they'd be requiring purchase of a service for exercising one's constitutional right...a bit different... but don't underestimate these statist's.

Not a racist but this is like saying since the majority of death row inmates are black Americans, lets mandate black Americans to purchase liability insurance. Same logic; a very small subset of a segment of society does something which does not reflect upon that society values but is attributed to that society. A small portion of gun owners commits a crime; hence, all gun owners are capable of committing a crime and need to buy insurance.

I don't have words for the stupidity of this bill.

Not a racist but this is like saying since the majority of death row inmates are black Americans, lets mandate black Americans to purchase liability insurance. Same logic; a very small subset of a segment of society does something which does not reflect upon that society values but is attributed to that society. A small portion of gun owners commits a crime; hence, all gun owners are capable of committing a crime and need to buy insurance.

I don't have words for the stupidity of this bill.

congress and senate for starters nuff said

The thing I tire of is all the 'shocked' 'can't believe' 'don't understand' 'doesn't make sense' 'that's not logical' and generally willfully ignorant comments that pervade all gun forums when talk turns to enforcement/restriction/confiscation. I mean how many lies and at what level of profundity do you need to witness before you just finally accept that your indoctrinated notions of authority/officialdom do not match with the facts? How many times?

Of course, I realize this is a defense mechanism designed to allow the speaker to do nothing. Which is exactly what they get in the end--nothing.

The thing I tire of is all the 'shocked' 'can't believe' 'don't understand' 'doesn't make sense' 'that's not logical' and generally willfully ignorant comments that pervade all gun forums when talk turns to enforcement/restriction/confiscation. I mean how many lies and at what level of profundity do you need to witness before you just finally accept that your indoctrinated notions of authority/officialdom do not match with the facts? How many times?

Of course, I realize this is a defense mechanism designed to allow the speaker to do nothing. Which is exactly what they get in the end--nothing.

I have heard of many stories of gun accidents but only know of one incident personally. It involved a hunter which we hunted with once but decided never to hunt with again, very reckless. The incident involved a very cheap gun with a non-functional safety That was back in 1979. Their health insurance took care of it.

I would hope nobody in this forum would be so reckless and treat guns safely as they deserve.

But the argument is valid. Gun ownership is a right not a privilege as with driving. Your DOL have every right to make you buy a minimum liability insurance and testing before receiving a license. Put aside the privilege argument you have don't have 20 other strangers you have to deal with shooting. Driving is inherently more dangerous.

A U.S. citizen is born with the right of owning a firearm before any disqualifying reasons. You can make an argument for AWB, for UBC, (magazine limits is very weak) but not for this outlier legislation.

Ya, I am pretty sure that having liability insurance for guns is going to keep criminal types from breaking this law also. Good grief. Does the stupidity ever stop when it comes to gun control??? :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top