JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Americans in particular are prone to reactionary dismissal when exposed to facts that disrupt their misconceptions. Our culture has experienced a particularly prosperous age, not necessarily free from all trouble, but generally spared from widespread mass tragedy for a generous length of time. This tends to breed within societies an overt and unreasonable expectation of ease. It generates apathy, and laziness. A crushing blubberous slothful cynicism subservient to the establishment and the status quo. Even the most striking of truths struggle to penetrate this smoky forcefield of duplicitous funk.

The problem is very eloquently worded in this paragraph. Thank you for sharing the link.

I did some more research into the SDR and came across this 2010 press release from the IMF:
Press Release: IMF Determines New Currency Weights for SDR Valuation Basket

Note that the percentage of the US dollar in the SDR was reduced starting in Jan 1, 2011.

Then I was able to find this WSJ article that noted that in 2011 we (the US) bought 61% of our own debt to artificially prop up the market for our debt.
Lawrence Goodman: Demand for U.S. Debt Is Not Limitless - WSJ.com

I don't know if there is a correlation between the Jan 1, 2011 revision to the SDR and a tangible, reduced willingness to purchase our debt. It might be ugly if the IMF does another adjustment to the SDR for Jan 1, 2013. The press release implies the IMF only does it every five years, but who knows.

The SDR may be something to monitor.

Peter

Armstrong's latest is worth the short read. He is not one of those folks on the conspiracy theory speaking circuit either - he looks at things from the perspective of an historian/investor, and has an exceptional track-record. (Actually, I think every piece he writes is worth reading.)

<broken link removed>

Alls good everyone we can all relax and put our heads in the sand, big ben has spoken News Headlines

He also stated the high oil and gas prices did not have a strong bearing on inflation or household disposable income, I guess it is all in my imagination.

Well we've been able to stop the ME nations from going away from the dollar by stomping on them, let's see how that works with China. Probably not so good.

Burt, I agree. The US is in no position to stomp on China or Japan. I am watching this one closely since if they open it to more volume then it is an ominous sign against the US dollar.

Funny and sad at the same time. When Gerald Celente and Peter Schiff years ago said there would be 'QEs' after the first one - QE2, QE3, QE4, QE5 - they were mocked and ridiculed for it. No one is laughing now. Debasement of our currency, inflation/hyper-inflation will be the future of every fiat currency. In other words, the greatest transfer of wealth ever known to man. Banksters - smart. Sheeple - dumb.

Funny and sad at the same time. When Gerald Celente and Peter Schiff years ago said there would be 'QEs' after the first one - QE2, QE3, QE4, QE5 - they were mocked and ridiculed for it. No one is laughing now. Debasement of our currency, inflation/hyper-inflation will be the future of every fiat currency. In other words, the greatest transfer of wealth ever known to man. Banksters - smart. Sheeple - dumb.

What moves did you make (or are making) in advance and how have they done?

Dollar on the way out? Dump what you have into land - they're not making it anymore. Later you can sell portions of it for whatever has replaced the dollar and buy whatever has replaced food.

Dollar on the way out? Dump what you have into land - they're not making it anymore. Later you can sell portions of it for whatever has replaced the dollar and buy whatever has replaced food.

That is exactly what the noted investor Jim Rodgers has gone with recently as well. What have you done Burt?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top