JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I posted this link in a reply to the recently posted Bloomberg thread, but I wanted to get this right out front, as it is a very interesting read, not only pertaining to politics and our rights, but in the battle being waged to protect those rights and our 2nd Amendment.
Bloomberg's crusade is purely political, not social or safety oriented. He wishes to fight the machine (The NRA) that calls out the politicians that denounce our Constitutional (Bill Of) Rights. Mostly the democrats' platform and the left. The new tact for the left is to "settle" an issue. To make disputing an issue a despicable, unsociable act.
I'm hardly a fan of the Washington post, but I do read the opinions and editorials of our local left leaning newspaper. The author of this column has given me great insight as to how, exactly, the left gets their way. Check it out.

Support your NRA

<broken link removed>

Last Edited:
Although Krauthammer is talking here of the shutting down of debate on global warming, the same strategy is in play on gun rights.

"Anyone who disagrees is then branded "anti-science." And better still, a "denier" – a brilliantly chosen calumny meant to impute to the climate skeptic the opprobrium normally reserved for the hatemongers and crackpots who deny the Holocaust."

Just try and explain why we might need more than 10 rounds in a magazine someday, why our forefathers gave us the 2nd Amendment.
Around here talk like that gets you labeled a right wing extremist to be either laughed at, feared or worse, pitied. Pitied for being too stupid to see through the lies by the NRA, big corporations and so on.

To their side, the "science" is clear, the debate is over! Humans have evolved. Guns are obsolete, fossil fuel too except coal powered electric cars, but I digress.

All you need is love as the Beatles sang, Love is all you need..........

I always tell rabid liberals, when citizens and governments stop murdering completely for a decade Ill consider it.. But we aren't at that stage in our evolution.. We're all still sex crazed, stupid, territorial, violent, greedy, opportunistic animals and I don't deny Im not any one of those things.. No one can. Well no real man can..

Perhaps castrated liberals can..
But come on.. They have evolved.. And that evolutionary stage gives them female anatomy, poor genetics, low muscle mass, an effeminate whiny voice and an affinity for cats.

Last Edited:
I despise their other tactics..
Calling those who don't agree with them or their point of view "racists", "bigots", "The 1%", and "extremists"
ZA

The libs are reduced to belittlement and name calling. There is no logic or rationality to their arguement. Skewed statistics and emotional discourse. And worse, from them, there is no respect for our founding history, allegiance to our flag and constitution. All that, which many, many have given their final sacrifice to preserve. How can we tolerate a movement which chooses to actively undermine the foundation of our Republic.
Again...

SUPPORT YOUR NRA !

Last Edited:
While I agree that the politically correct's agenda is to vilify those who don't believe their version and we should call this out as anti free speech and anti American. This is is nothing new, the NEO Cons used this same tactic for anyone who questioned the second invasion of Iraq. This is not a liberal strategy this is a strategy of those in power to maintain their power no matter what the issue. By the way, the NRA loves this tactic for anyone who believes there maybe some room for conditions on gun ownership, intelligent, two sided conversation is unwelcome.....let the hating begin.

While I agree that the politically correct's agenda is to vilify those who don't believe their version and we should call this out as anti free speech and anti American. This is is nothing new, the NEO Cons used this same tactic for anyone who questioned the second invasion of Iraq. This is not a liberal strategy this is a strategy of those in power to maintain their power no matter what the issue. By the way, the NRA loves this tactic for anyone who believes there maybe some room for conditions on gun ownership, intelligent, two sided conversation is unwelcome.....let the hating begin.

Yeah but the left is so much better at this strategy than the right, and the left is the "cool/hip" side that is so attractive to the young crowd and says what they want to hear. It's a miracle in today's climate that we maintain the rights we have. The right has a messaging problem for sure with the" I want it now generation"!

As far as the NRA and no room for conditions, that's o.k. with me. The compromises have already been made by others before me. Let them be satisfied with that.

If the compromises continue BTW, a watered down version of the 2ndA that allows one smart gun and bracelet per household, if you can afford the fee and pass the rigid BG check is in our future.

Educating antis requires honest debate, but years of intense programming has taken the debate out of the young people I talk to. Most don't shoot/own firearms and as far as gun rights believe what they have been spoon fed by their liberal mentors. Even if you could hold their attention long enough to change their minds on gun control, their heads are so filled with other junk like minimum wage, war on women, social justice etc. that a backburner (to them) issue like guns is meaningless.

I keep trying anyway, and voting, and worrying.

... By the way, the NRA loves this tactic for anyone who believes there maybe some room for conditions on gun ownership, intelligent, two sided conversation is unwelcome.....let the hating begin.

I don't necessarily agree with you here. There are plenty of people who SAY they want "reasonable" restrictions that get laughed out of the debate, but noone actually brings ideas that are designed to restrict criminals, and not the law-abiding citizens.

Or, if I'm wrong, give a couple good ideas that the NRA refuses to listen too.

Yeah but the left is so much better at this strategy than the right, and the left is the "cool/hip" side that is so attractive to the young crowd and says what they want to hear. It's a miracle in today's climate that we maintain the rights we have. The right has a messaging problem for sure with the" I want it now generation"!
The reason the left has a better messaging strategy is because they have Hollywood, main stream media and the democrat party united in their camp. The opposition is regularly cast as haters not someone with a differing opinion. If conservatives want to cut waist from budgets, they are cast as hating women, children, the poor, the old.... you name it.

Perhaps castrated liberals can..
But come on.. They have evolved.. And that evolutionary stage gives them female anatomy, poor genetics, low muscle mass, an effeminate whiny voice and an affinity for cats.
I think you're being rather unfair to the castrated there. ;-)
But truthfully, at least that is where their "evolution" will stop. Unless they can figure out a way for the female anatomy to fertilize an egg.

Actually, your post reminds me most of a quote by C.S. Lewis:
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful." ~ C.S. Lewis.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top