JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

IMHO- NSA probably has at least an equivalent, if not better, phone spyware

[h4][/h4]

How Pegasus works

Target: Someone sends what's known as a trap link to a smartphone that persuades the victim to tap and activate — or activates itself without any input, as in the most sophisticated "zero-click" hacks.
Infect: The spyware captures and copies the phone's most basic functions, NSO marketing materials show, recording from the cameras and microphone and collecting location data, call logs and contacts.
Track: The implant secretly reports that information to an operative who can use it to map out sensitive details of the victim's life.

When the first cell phones hit the first thing I said is gov will be able to listen to these things. A LOT of people "told each other" they could not. Well we all know they could. Soon they even had scanners people could buy to listen to the calls. Then digital hit. Again all were told it's not something others can listen to. I laughed at that at the time saying no way gov will not be able to. Years down the road it was finally admitted to that they could. Again for me? Could care less. I am just floored by how many "bad guys" still get caught this way. The last Gov of Il who went to the can it was because they were listening in on his cell calls. To me this is no different than putting your criminal stuff of FB.

If you really want to feel the hairs stand up... research Echelon... figure out how long that's been around and how the average American is truly oblivious.

truly oblivious

As is standard, no one is really paying attention to what is going on. One thing that would be interesting to understand would be the amount of electricity that these centers gobble up, but that isn't mentioned, and instead the concept is twisted to make it look like a bonus for the city because a few beans are thrown their way.

As a result of ECHELON intelligence, the US exposed bribes from Airbus and Thomson-Alcatel, resulting in US companies getting the contracts, instead of those paying bribes. Boo-Hoo.

Jimmy Carter is probably considered a hero at Airbus. He pushed legislation making it illegal for American companies to pay bribes to get foreign commercial sales. That left Airbus free to bribe at will, and is the principal reason Airbus is a viable commercial aircraft competitor.

Not that I approve of spying on non-criminals. I just am uncomfortable of giving an advantage to those willing, and able, to pay bribes.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top