JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't mind nutnfancy, but that guy can sure talk... A lot... Some of his stuff could easily be 10 minutes instead of an hour.

As for Kel-Tec... To each their own. Used to consider some of their stuff, but by the looks of it they work more on designing cool things instead of making it so they last. Could be wrong, but I like my fingers enough to not risk it.

That being said, just get an AR with a 14.5" barrel and pinned flash hider if your goal is just to keep it under 34" OAL.
Fingers? I can't imagine shooting that shot gun they make. Have the receiver right next to your face?:eek:

Coolest shooting pic ever. Well done! A young girl wearing a pink jacket covered with peace symbols with numerous ejected brass airborne. Struck a chord with me. Hence the si vis pacem, Para bellum reference. Hope for peace, but prepare for war.

Here is a solution that wouldn't require pinning a flash hider to a short barrel - separate the upper and lower and use a small case like the Blackhawk Diversion Bag. This will also hide the fact it's a rifle:

Apologies to those offended by nutnfancy, but the other reviews focused on AR pistols. Just fast forward to the parts that interest...

26 inches. but your going to want to add a little to that due to it being illegal if the ATF want to measure and their measurements bring it in less then that.

Its the main reason the Tavor has that fat, rubber pad on the butt, to bring it to 26 1/8th inches

Regarding barrel length, what constitutes a "permanently" attached muzzle device? Would that include a threaded on device locked in place with a jam nut?

So does anyone even remember my original question? And the condiyions I laid out tor a possible answer. Cause Im still looking for answers

So does anyone even remember my original question? And the condiyions I laid out tor a possible answer. Cause Im still looking for answers
I apologise for hijacking your thread.
Honestly, looking at your original question it can be confusing. I think I see what your asking though...

Given a 16" barrel (total length including any flash thingy) and a stock that will reach a 12" or better Pull when extended. How short can an AR-15 be? And I am not talking about the legal 26" min for a rifle. I know all about that. I want to know what can be achieved trying to get it to 26"

I'm looking for a Willys Jeep Gun I have room for a rifle with stock collapsed not more then 34" long. I would use a repop M1A1 (paratroop M1 Carbine) but they are just to expensive) So I am checking on other options.

a 16" AR15 carbine with the stock fully extended gives a 13.5" pull (stock to trigger) and an overall length of 36". With the same setup but the stock in the min position the total over all length is 32-3/4". this includes an A4 flash hider. You can set the stock so the overall length is exactly 34" but then the pull measures 11.5". I can imagine these measurements will vary some between manufacturers but it looks like you would be able to buy a 16" carbine and it would fit in the place you want it to go in your Willys with the stock collapsed, and there would be enough stock adjustment to give you at least 12" pull.

I think that is what your after, yes?

As said earlier, 14.5" barrel with a flash hider welded or pinned will give you what you're looking for. It should be 33" with the stock fully extended.

The law buffer tube adapter that makes it a folding stock is as short as it can get unless you use one of those quick release barrel adapters.
So with a 14in barrel and flash 'thingy' to make it 16in plus 8in ? for the upper would be 24in
But if you used the quick release barrel adapter your total length would be 2 pieces under 16in

To get close to the 26in point you'll need to find away to shorten the Volt's recoiling length. The only real option to get near 26in in a rifle is one that can fire with the stock folded to the side of the rifle. And in my last post is the best options to get close to 26in. You can find other options to get it to about half of the normal recoiling length but you'll still be at about 29-30in with the stock in the forward position and about 32-34in fully extended. At this point why not look at getting a tax stamp and buying a SBR?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top