JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think you take a chance what ever you do in life. It's your job to do it safe and have the awareness to watch those around you as well.

Nothing worse than taking one because of stupid next to you. If you question it don't do it or make it safe before you do it. My job is to go home at the end of the day to take care of my family.

This is why when I go to the range I go first thing when they open. Normally have it mostly to myself for at least a while. Every stall shows the signs of the "oops" shots on them. I don't like to be in there when the place gets busy.

I was shooting at an indoor range. 300 BO through the silencer. No ear plugs in so I heard the round smack the wall behind me. It was sitting on the ground.. It was mine alright. Deformed but obviously a 240 grain Sierra.

This is why when I go to the range I go first thing when they open. Normally have it mostly to myself for at least a while. Every stall shows the signs of the "oops" shots on them. I don't like to be in there when the place gets busy.

DING!

One of the reasons why we go during the week. We do go on weekends on occasion, but less frequently.

We shoot in a private shale quarry. About a 70 degree sheer cut. The steel targets are off set about 10 to 15 degrees. The shooting angle is also offset about the same amount from the aforementioned sheer cut wall. No problems so far.

Also about 35 years ago I caught a RNL come backer while shooting steel plates at the local indoor range. The plates were offset. Knocked my ball cap off my head. No damage except ruining my drawers and laughs from all the others.

DING!

One of the reasons why we go during the week. We do go on weekends on occasion, but less frequently.

Great part of working "odd hours". I can go when others are busy doing other stuff. :D
I should say too the staff does try. Problem is often there is only one staff member at the counter to watch what's going on and take care of customers. They often can't be watching everything. I do see them come in to "talk" to some who get out of line. Have not seen it but have heard of them telling some "that's it, pick up your stuff and leave".

DING!

I think that's really smart.

People would shoot the chronograph on accident, this happened multiple times. I always found that remarkable... But I think some of these people are also incapable of safely operating a KitchenAid.

That's why I don't shoot in the woods also. I find empty beer cans and shotgun shells in the same pile all the time. I just don't trust people to be as safe as I am.

I think that's really smart.

People would shoot the chronograph on accident, this happened multiple times. I always found that remarkable... But I think some of these people are also incapable of safely operating a KitchenAid.

That's why I don't shoot in the woods also. I find empty beer cans and shotgun shells in the same pile all the time. I just don't trust people to be as safe as I am.

Yup. The other reason we like to go during the week is it's much more relaxed. ESPECIALLY on our clubs main (rifle) range. Go, bring some sandwiches & have a snack while folks allready there do there thing. Wait for a cease fire to come around and set a bunch of targets. Shoot the bunch of targets. Nice.

As folks start to get off work & come in, is when they start running up & down the line asking about a cease fire (which is perfectly fine...there time is limited...), just not the pace at which we want most times.

Weekends sometimes...oh my gosh! Again though, just not the relaxed pace we enjoy is all.

I don't care for that 36 pit it's too rocky and the rocks are too big and it's crowded. There's better places up the road but you gotta hunt for them. I try to pick places that require 4x4 to get into there's less people shooting in those spots usually. I hang my steel plates such that they angle down slightly and swing back when hit. Still wear shatter proof glasses though.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top