JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's a microcosm of what is happening nationally. Legislature vs. Executive - 2020 cage match.

It's a power play, really. Separation of powers works pretty well when you are essentially powerless, but we're the top dog of the world: biggest military, top GDP. It doesn't really matter if it is the executive or legislative branch that wins the current pissing match - they buy power for the office and those that sit in those chairs over time are different people, but all from the same cloth.

The only real loser, is you and me.

Well, think about how territories expanded beyond the original 13 states. These areas were not exactly governed by Colonial rules, but instead had a kind of pragmatic practice. The mayor or city fathers hired someone to be "Sheriff". Yes? As opposed to "Marshalls" that were appointed positions, generally by the Governor of the Territory.

IDK, most of what I think I know about that comes from watching Western movies like Wyatt Earp. I'd have to do some research to go back to the meaning of "Sheriff" under the Magna Carta.... no thanx!! ;);)
I know that Sheriff Nottingham was a big cheese in Sherwood Forest.
*end of knowledge stream*

I guess if they are willing to be unjust and cruel to their own citizenry it shouldn't be a surprise when they are unjust and cruel to the police.

They are drunk on power and full of self entitlement.

It's a microcosm of what is happening nationally. Legislature vs. Executive - 2020 cage match.

It's a power play, really. Separation of powers works pretty well when you are essentially powerless, but we're the top dog of the world: biggest military, top GDP. It doesn't really matter if it is the executive or legislative branch that wins the current pissing match - they buy power for the office and those that sit in those chairs over time are different people, but all from the same cloth.

The only real loser, is you and me.

Yes well, the judicial is right there in it to win it. We no longer have an impartial judiciary, if there ever was such a thing!!!

pretty petty.

And pet the pretty!!!

Yes well, the judicial is right there in it to win it. We no longer have an impartial judiciary, if there ever was such a thing!!!

The judiciary is good only so long as it isn't corrupt. It's not hard to see how a corrupt judiciary will allow the passing of unconstitutional law to go unchallenged...but it sure does seem like they are not challenging enough of the BS being passed.

The judiciary is good only so long as it isn't corrupt. It's not hard to see how a corrupt judiciary will allow the passing of unconstitutional law to go unchallenged...but it sure does seem like they are not challenging enough of the BS being passed.

Yes, but I meant it in a wider application than just SCOTUS. Who really runs the country? The judges... from city to state to district to circuit to.......

If by corrupt you mean those with bias or an agenda, I'd agree. If you mean within the normal def of "corrupt", then no, they are well beyond corrupt!!! They are actively seeking to "rule" the country. Like royalty.

People get the government that they deserve.
They say they want security and safety, and then vote for gun control and handcuffing the people paid to protect us. They blame inflation on big business raising their prices, but vote in politicians who wantedly spend and waste the public monies, and then ask/demand more taxes.
They want everyone else to be 'controlled' but not themselves.
Control the MAGA people, but leave Antifa alone, they have rights!

People get the government they deserve.

I wonder what the D.O.J. has to say about all of this?
Seeing as how the D.O.J. is the defacto law enforcement agency in charge of ALL state and Fed. law and law enforcement officers nation wide! Seems a move to disenfranchise the States of their Law Enforcement would be a very big move!

When Christopher Hyatt, (author of books people really shouldn't read), was getting his psychology degree, the class was asked to write a paper on the philosophy of law.

He wrote one word.

OBEY.

The prof wrote back 'I'm not saying you are wrong, but could you elaborate.'

He wrote "Obey, or Else!"

He got his A.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR