JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a question thread. Use the up arrow to the right of good answers to upvote. Answers with more votes appear higher on the list.
Status
Reactions
So we have this inbox for receiving private messages, but I was recently contacted by 3 people responding to a classified ad for some scopes that I posted, saying on the thread for the ad itself that they could not PM me, because my inbox was full.

The problem is that I never received any kind of warning that my inbox was full. Nor when I went to my inbox, could I even find any indication at all that it was full. I simply cannot see any way at all to check the status of my inbox, and find out how full it is. Am I missing something? I have looked and looked, all to no avail. Certainly there must be some way to check this, no??

Furthermore, I cannot find any function at all to delete old messages from my inbox. I see a function that says "leave conversation". But what exactly does that mean?? Will that actually delete the message, and free up space so that I can receive more PM's??

This truly has been exasperating. I have no idea at this time if my inbox is working, or how to prevent this from happening again, even if I do get it to work again.

I still have a few more odds and ends left over from my past gun collection that I would like to get rid of.

Surely your private message system cannot be this bad, can it? There has to be something that I am overlooking.

the little boxes next to each convo,
click the box,
when the Pop-up appears, click leave convo,
you can click many convos at the same time,
and by leaving the convos free up space for more convos.
I hope that was helpful.

I will have heart problems one day, Family heirloom type, about the only thing pasted along in my family:confused:
but my firearms left will go to my children not these :eek:clowns ;)

the little boxes next to each convo,
click the box,
when the Pop-up appears, click leave convo,
you can click many convos at the same time,
and by leaving the convos free up space for more convos.
I hope that was helpful.

I will have heart problems one day, Family heirloom type, about the only thing pasted along in my family:confused:
but my firearms left will go to my children not these :eek:clowns ;)

This was answered SO many times in the thread already. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

@Stomper gifted him a Bronze just to help out with message capacity, and he still kept putting him down.

I understand, just trying to help:oops:.
sometimes it takes many with the same answer worded differently for someone to understand what everyone has been saying.

I understand, just trying to help:oops:.
sometimes it takes many with the same answer worded differently for someone to understand what everyone has been saying.

I get that and I agree. What I don't get it when @Stomper does something nice and generous and the OP can't even muster a thank you.

To me, that's BS. Failing health or no failing health, our members tried to help, and at least one went out of their way to go the extra mile and not so much as a simple thank you in return. THIS is why some of us took a different tone.

Not sure what to say to all of this...
Other than I answered the OP's question twice..once here and once in a different thread...

But thanks to those who answered the OP's question...and A Big Thank You to Stomper for stepping up and gifting a membership upgrade...:D
Andy

Did you use the link I posted? It will explain how to free up space as there is only so much space allotted for non supporting members. Besides that you received a FREE Bronze membership (upping your message space) from @Stomper then attack him for providing you more space so you could use the messaging system again without doing a thing.

I provided you the means to fix your situation and you are still on your soapbox tirade what gives?

YOU are not the only person here and for damn sure not the only one with medical issues and such. I will refrain from posting further on that issue.

Because I read it and still do not understand. It is not at all clear to me. That is why I followed up. The 25 limit that was mentioned earlier is also vague. Is that a limit on the number of conversations? Or does each reply within a conversation count towards the 25 numeric limit? I cannot tell what this 25 count that was mentioned earlier refers to. And Andy mentioned numbering in his reply to me. But I don't see any numbering anywhere. So his response is also not at all clear to me. What specific numbering was he referring to?

So does my leaving a conversation indeed free up space? Why can't anyone just give me a simple yes or no response? Or is it retained until everyone in the conversation leaves it? I am confused about that point too.

There is a HUGE discrepancy here between how you and Andy have responded to me, compared to the response that Mephistopheles received from Joe for basically reporting the same problem. The contrast in how he was treated by Joe, and how you two have replied to me here, could not be greater. Why is that?

If either you or Andy had been kind enough to send me a test message to my account, as Joe immediately did for Mephistopheles, i would at least know if my inbox is OK and is now working again. The fact that I even requested that in my previous message, and you guys still have refused to do that for me, speaks very loudly to me. Much more than anything that you have said here in your reply.

The worst thing about the replies from both you and Andy is that neither of you have attempted to actually engage me in a conversation, and respond to my specific questions.

And as far as my health concerned, I only mentioned that to explain to people the reason why I sold off my gun collection, and am still selling all of the accessories that I had for it. That is really the only reason why I am still here on this website, to sell off the few remaining items that I still have left over.

So why are you now bringing up my health, and throwing it into my face like this? What on earth is your motivation for doing that? I do not understand how that is in any way relevant to answering my questions about the private message system.

I am experiencing memory and confusion issues. If anything, it would seem to me that you would want to make an extra effort to help someone that is struggling with understanding how this messaging system works.

Instead, I have been berated and criticized here.

I guess that my inbox is hopefully now working, if for no other reason, than the kindness that Stomper has shown to me. But I really did not need to get a membership, as I don't plan to be active on this site anymore, once I have these few remaining odds and ends sold.

No, that's not what they (all of them anyway) were saying. Open your inbox, select any conversations that are in there, then select the "leave conversation" button to delete those conversations from your inbox, thus freeing up space.

In case you failed to notice, I bought you an upgraded gift bronze membership to help you out with your immediate inbox capacity issues.

I'm terribly sorry to hear about your health issues. Be well, Lance. ;)

-Tony

Thank you so much for this kindness Tony. But I really did not want to invest in a membership, as I sold off my gun collection, and am no longer involved in hunting or any shooting sports. So I am really not planning to be active here, once I have these remaining things sold.

But thanks anyway, for being so gracious and thoughtful, to do this for me. I had not noticed this, until you mentioned it.

Because I read it and still do not understand. It is not at all clear to me. That is why I followed up. The 25 limit that was mentioned earlier is also vague. Is that a limit on the number of conversations? Or does each reply within a conversation count towards the 25 numeric limit? I cannot tell what this 25 count that was mentioned earlier refers to. And Andy mentioned numbering in his reply to me. But I don't see any numbering anywhere. So his response is also not at all clear to me. What specific numbering was he referring to?

So does my leaving a conversation indeed free up space? Why can't anyone just give me a simple yes or no response? Or is it retained until everyone in the conversation leaves it? I am confused about that point too.

There is a HUGE discrepancy here between how you and Andy have responded to me, compared to the response that Mephistopheles received from Joe for basically reporting the same problem. The contrast in how he was treated by Joe, and how you two have replied to me here, could not be greater. Why is that?

If either you or Andy had been kind enough to send me a test message to my account, as Joe immediately did for Mephistopheles, i would at least know if my inbox is OK and is now working again. The fact that I even requested that in my previous message, and you guys still have refused to do that for me, speaks very loudly to me. Much more than anything that you have said here in your reply.

The worst thing about the replies from both you and Andy is that neither of you have attempted to actually engage me in a conversation, and respond to my specific questions.

And as far as my health concerned, I only mentioned that to explain to people the reason why I sold off my gun collection, and am still selling all of the accessories that I had for it. That is really the only reason why I am still here on this website, to sell off the few remaining items that I still have left over.

So why are you now bringing up my health, and throwing it into my face like this? What on earth is your motivation for doing that? I do not understand how that is in any way relevant to answering my questions about the private message system.

I am experiencing memory and confusion issues. If anything, it would seem to me that you would want to make an extra effort to help someone that is struggling with understanding how this messaging system works.

Instead, I have been berated and criticized here.

I guess that my inbox is hopefully now working, if for no other reason, than the kindness that Stomper has shown to me. But I really did not need to get a membership, as I don't plan to be active on this site anymore, once I have these few remaining odds and ends sold.

If you leave the conversation, it frees up message capacity. Again, this was answered many times.

Look, we all really tried to help you here, above and beyond in my opinion. So when you decided to up the ante attitude wise, people responded.

Many including myself have wished you well, health wise. But understand that posting back out of anger after so many tried to help isn't going to fly with anyone. That's just common sense, Lance.

Test convo sent with a little more detail on "leaving" a convo.

What you and others have characterized as being "anger", has only been frustration on my part. I did delete all but a few of my most recent conversations, back before I started this message thread. And I can tell you that your test message tonight has worked fine, so I now have confirmation that my inbox is again working. Thank you so much for taking the time to do this for me.

If someone had only done this way back at the start of this discussion, then all of my confusion over the details of how the private message system works would have become mute points. As my main concern was whether what I had done had indeed been enough to restore my inbox to working again.

So by simply taking this small step, you have resolved this matter for me. Thanks again for doing this.

This matter is now closed, as far as I am concerned.

NWFA wishes you nothing but good health and a long life, Sir.

Thread closed.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews