JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Lionheart makes a fine shooting pistol. It has metal frame, good trigger, decent heft, good sights, match grade barrel. They are a little pricy. It does have a smaller external safety, that I have no problem manipulating with my thumb. Smaller hands might not like it as much. The grips have a very aggressive diamond pattern that I thought were fine, but The Warden complained that some of the points jabbed her. I used a file on some of those points and now the Warden is happy.

We have Springfield XDM 5.25 9mm, Lionheart LH9, Glock G-17, Springfield XDS 9mm, and Ruger LC9 in my pecking order, If I were pocket carrying it would be the XDS, IWB the Lionheart.

CZ 75 beyond the shadow of a doubt. Most accurate 9mm I've shot.... and most comfortable as well.

In addition, the the CZ 75 is the favorite handgun of Rally Vincent, the crime fighting heroine of Gunsmith Cats. Who could possibly argue with Rally's choice in pistols?? I know that I can't.

gunsmith5a.jpg

rally1_zpsfe6f1db0.jpg

gsc.jpg

gunsmith7.jpg

gunsmith6.jpg

gunsmith4.jpg

gunsmith-cats-burst-1724064_zps9e2f1945.jpg

gunsmith-cats-burst-1724096_zpsa219b21f.jpg

gunsmith3.jpg

gunsmith1.jpg

964867.jpg

Last Edited:
This question has continued to haunt my bank account for years. I have owned a number of 9mm handguns through the years, and I cannot keep one of them in the safe any longer than 6 months. .... Any input?

You'll never be completely satisfied. Even if at some point you think you've found IT, along will come some other looker that'll spark up that ol' restlessness. Give in. Revel in it.

I have a few 9MM, i like them because ammo is affordable, its a good caliber, and its effective in my book. Also, I love the idea of more rocks to throw if I need too.
I too was in the Navy, so my first year we still used the 1911 but was transitioning to the Berretta M9. At first I hated it, I did not like the safety/decocker, i did not like the way it shot. It was lighter than the 1911 and it held more. In efforts to learn the platform, I bought one. After learning how to shoot it, and developed muscle memory to flick the safety, I loved it. It was accurate, it was fun to shot. (I still rotate my thumb to flick the safety on any hand gun even now) I still own that gun, it won't ever leave my safe.
I have a P226 M25 Sig, its the smoothest 9mm i have ever owned. It fits my hand, its a great gun.
I also have a G17. I bought a Glock to see what the hype was about. I shoot it ever once in a while, its dependable, it fires, the geometry on it is not the best for me because i started out with 1911's and the berretta, so i think if i learned first on a Glock, i would love it more.
I also have a M&P Shield which I dont love and a XDS that I actually like for carrying. both are good size for me when i CC.
But to your main question, any gun has to be a "fit". How will you use it, how will your draw with it, most of all, can you come up on target correctly with it. Thats why i don't love my Glock, I seem to elevate the nose of the gun.

I would say go to a Gun shop that has a lot to look at and browse the one that feels natural
Or you can do like everyone else does and buy a gun, not like it, sell if for cheap...........to me

I would say if you like the P226 pistol, but not the caliber .357 Sig, then take a look at one chambered in 9mm. Also, you might want to look at the Sig P320. I have purchased one off Gunbroker but haven't got it yet. When I have it I will return with my analysis.

IMHO,
H& K. P30
I have shot many 9mm and have owned most.
Still the best 9mm I have owned or shot is the p30.

If you Google their ratings you will come away with the same opinion.

They r expensive but worth it.

When you figure in tax and transfer fees, most of the people who list here actually do come in less than retail. And the guns I've bought that were described as LNIB actually were "like" new. Doesn't mean that some people list things too high, but generally I think it's more out of ignorance of what the market will support than deceit. And it can also be because way down deep inside they really don't want anyone to buy it anyway.

You mean sell it for more than retail as LNIB condition? seems that is more often the case
agree with the above. There is a value to having a LNIB firearm. Its kinda weird how the our goverment states there is no gun registration, but when you buy a new firearm, they always tell the agent the make, model and the sn?? just sayin, it sounds like registration to me. I am sure they just throw all that info away

Talking with a retired police officer friend of mine last week, I was surprised (really) to hear that retail (FFL)transfers of pistol sales in Washington State are sent to the DOL Firearms Unit and they keep those on file, along with our CPL info.

Because we seldom, if ever, report those as sold, our Washington State file probably holds the info on every pistol bought from an FFL in Washington.

Not like I care, in my case, I have no illusions of privacy, but I had believed that the sales records stayed in the FFL's bound book and then that was destroyed when they went out of business or passed away.

Not so, it seems. Who knew? So this might add a whole new dimension to the I-594 deal, doesn't it?

Anyway I discovered in this conversation with other investigators, that you can request a list of the guns DOL Firearms Unit has on file for yourself. To obtain the file on anyone else who is still alive, you must have a judge-issued court order.

Talking with a retired police officer friend of mine last week, I was surprised (really) to hear that retail (FFL)transfers of pistol sales in Washington State are sent to the DOL Firearms Unit and they keep those on file, along with our CPL info.

Because we seldom, if ever, report those as sold, our Washington State file probably holds the info on every pistol bought from an FFL in Washington.

Not like I care, in my case, I have no illusions of privacy, but I had believed that the sales records stayed in the FFL's bound book and then that was destroyed when they went out of business or passed away.

Not so, it seems. Who knew? So this might add a whole new dimension to the I-594 deal, doesn't it?

Anyway I discovered in this conversation with other investigators, that you can request a list of the guns DOL Firearms Unit has on file for yourself. To obtain the file on anyone else who is still alive, you must have a judge-issued court order.

You know that extra form you initial and sign when you buy a handgun? That's the Pistol Transfer Form and a copy gets sent to both your local law enforcement agency and the DOL. Washington does have an actual handgun registry.

Also, an FFL's records are required to be given to the ATF when they cease business; they are not destroyed.

Just FYI, there's a compact Hi-Power variant called the 98DAC by Arcus.

I'm no expert, but i have one, and i would say it's pros are that it's inexpensive, it takes HP magazines, it's safe to carry in single-action, and it works in double-action; and its cons are that it has inferior aesthetics to the HP, the grip panels are bulky and not directly replaceable with HP grip panels (AFAIK, only Marschal makes aftermarket 98DA grips), and there's no decocker.

As far as function- and weight-comparison to the HP and holster-fit, i can't really say.

Last Edited:
Glock 19. Goes bang, accurate, decent trigger, conceals well, not too heavy...

What's everyone so picky about, anyway, LOL. :)

the G19 is the gold standard as far as 9mm handguns. you will find better.. and you will find worse.
I still will put the MK25 against any other 9mm handgun that is made for real combat. ie not a target pistol.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top