JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you are going back to alloy framed, compact pistols, The CZ P-01 is NATO approved, with 2142 mean rounds between failure ( 7 out of 15,000 when tested). Larger versions of the CZ75 are also very comfortable in the hand, and similarly reliable. The Retro model with the aluminum grip panels has a very nice trigger, The SP-01 is the tactical competition platform, and I really enjoy my stainless 75b as a camping companion.
The 2014 model CZ P-07 is a prime contender for any polymer frame 9mm pistol. If you want the Swiss Watch version, the Sphinx SDP is something to consider. A very in-depth review is here: http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/07/jeremy-s/sphinx_vs_cz/

Last Edited:
If you are going back to alloy framed, compact pistols, The CZ P-01 is NATO approved, with 2142 mean rounds between failure ( 7 out of 15,000 when tested). Larger versions of the CZ75 are also very comfortable in the hand, and similarly reliable. The Retro model with the aluminum grip panels has a very nice trigger, The SP-01 is the tactical competition platform, and I really enjoy my stainless 75b as a camping companion.
The 2014 model CZ P-07 is a prime contender for any polymer frame 9mm pistol. If you want the Swiss Watch version, the Sphinx SDP is something to consider. A very in-depth review is here: http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/07/jeremy-s/sphinx_vs_cz/

Thanks for the info.

My challenge is of late finding a 9mm I can live with and a companion .22lr. I have a CZ P07 that I just love and a SIG Mosquito that I'm pretty happy with, but they're not even close to a match for holsters and the basic mechanisms of the guns. I've been thinking of trading the CZ for an SP2022 or trading them both of for Smith and Wesson M&P's (9mm and .22lr)

I think I'm going to try and trade off my CZ for an SP2022 and keep the Mosquito. Close enough to what I want. I've owned other SIGs and believe it or not I like the SP2022 the best out of all of them. I thought the P226 felt like a boat anchor in my hand.

I carried a Glock G26 for quite awhile, very satisfied. I'm 73 years old and have small hands. Purchased Glock G42 in .380. Worked better because it is easier to rack, and thinner. Yesterday I saw a Sig P938 in 9MM. The same size as my G42. I bought it. I'll let you know how it is working out in a subsequent post in a few days.

Pug

Since the start of this year I have tried to read every review and comparison on the 'net and in magazines of 9mm polymer, striker fired pistols. The Walther PPQ and the Steyr 9mm series (M9-A1 and the L9-A1) have been coming up the overall winners, especially their triggers. I have been disappointed with the comparison reviews of the new HK VP9 against the Walther PPQ. The HK seems to have disappointed a number of reviewers - again, the trigger.

My wife and I have held (not shot) the Walther PPQ and the Steyr M9-A1 (amongst many too numerous to mention). We have both been impressed with the Steyr - "it feels right", so says my wife. I'll be ordering 2 Steyr L9-A1's ..... as soon as I get the hedges trimmed, so says my wife!

Just one of many reviews on the Steyr L9-A1:
http://www.personaldefenseworld.com/2014/10/gun-review-steyr-l9-a1-9mm/#steyr-l9-a1-beauty

Good luck with your search. I hope you find that elusive 9mm that feels right.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads