JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am a home owner in the City of Tacoma (WA) and I have what I consider a major drainage problem on our street, the entire block floods from the sidewalk to the middle of the road, and the water is 6" to 8" deep. We have dirt/gravel shoulders and it appears erosion has caused this. I have shot off several emails with photos to the city and finally last Wednesday they responded and apologized for not responding sooner but they were back logged on citizen messages. The worst part is that it can rain for a day and it will take a week for the "lake" to dry out.

But my only response from them was last Wednesday, and it said we will be out tomorrow to check out the problem.

I dont want to become annoying, but I want them to take my problem seriously and address it ASAP. Any thoughts on how often I should follow up on their messages?

What's your neighbors' take on it? If you get the whole block to complain, I'm willing to bet they take it more seriously and get out there quicker.

Then get one neighbor to complain per day. That way the city takes it seriously and not one person is addressing the problem too much.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Maybe not the way it should be, but the way it is. It would also help for you to provide pictures or video if you haven't done so already so they can see you're not making a mountain out of a mole hill.

From the sounds of it, this is a storm drainage problem correct. If so, make sure that your property is not one of them contributing to the soil erosion problem. If this is the case the city could come down of you. This is coming from a plumber who has seen the dirt cops enforce this type of thing here in Oregon. I do not know if Washington is the same. You could be bringing a problem upon yourself if you are complaining about this and contributing to the soil erosion and plugging up the storm drains.

Without more info, I could be just blowing hot air.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top