JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I used to have to cleans a lot more then now, Now days I run my EDC dry as a bone, which greatly reduces the collection of holster lint and other schmutz it might attract! Still, it gets checked almost every day, and cleaned/wiped down if needed! Press checked and back in it's holster ready to go!!

Every other weekend I'll wipe it down with an oily rag.

If I do go to the range I'll clean it, strip it down, when I get home.

Yes, sometimes when out shooting my other guns I'll pull out either my airweight or M&P 40 Shield and empty them into the target. I said before that I don't shoot them much but I do shoot them.
I'm too cheap for that. I would have to take the time to swap out the expensive ammo for the Winchester white box. ;) My carry weapons are primarily an Airweight and .40 Shield (original version) as well. You don't happen to have a Sig P238 too do you? That's the third gun in my "carry family".

My Airweight is the gun that I carry the most. It goes everywhere with me when bowhunting. It's usually in a Blackhawk Serpa holster, which has always held it securely through all of the miles I've hiked and mountain biked pursuing elk and such for many, many years. Largely due to the holster wear, it's not a pretty gun to look at, but it does get cleaned regularly. Sometimes daily if I've been hunting in the rain. Otherwise, my carry guns spend their time in a climate controlled safe and only get cleaned when taken out for range time.

Once in a while if I think about it I'll field strip my G48 at my desk and blow the dust bunnies out of it.

That's. About. It.

I know it will fire reliably covered in mud, under water and other poor conditions. I'm not too worried about dust and lint.

I'm too cheap for that. I would have to take the time to swap out the expensive ammo for the Winchester white box. ;) My carry weapons are primarily an Airweight and .40 Shield (original version) as well. You don't happen to have a Sig P238 too do you? That's the third gun in my "carry family".

My Airweight is the gun that I carry the most. It goes everywhere with me when bowhunting. It's usually in a Blackhawk Serpa holster, which has always held it securely through all of the miles I've hiked and mountain biked pursuing elk and such for many, many years. Largely due to the holster wear, it's not a pretty gun to look at, but it does get cleaned regularly. Sometimes daily if I've been hunting in the rain. Otherwise, my carry guns spend their time in a climate controlled safe and only get cleaned when taken out for range time.
The air weight and 40 Shield are my conceled carry guns, I do have a Sig p-6 9mm and a p-220 10mm but those are big enough to not try to conceal.

Last Edited:
You're a better man than me. Haha

3D220759-9572-4794-ABAA-F1BDA4335BAF.jpeg

back in my single/double days, all the time. certainly after every shoot, and often in between. gotta keep all those bajillions of small, sensitive, easily worn out parts super clean and well lubed, lest the gun wither and faint in the face of trigger pull

so switching to glocks, and then later m&ps... well made striker fired guns literally never need to be cleaned. just add dabs of oil from time to time. if it starts bleeding black bubblegum on me, i'll do a field strip and dry off the goop and put 'er back together

i don't think i've actually effectively "cleaned" any gun in many years

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top