JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

How much would you pay for the absolute best AR-15?

• $750-$999

Votes: 43 21.6%
  • $1000-$1499

Votes: 65 32.7%
  • $1500-$1999

Votes: 45 22.6%
  • $2000-$2499

Votes: 22 11.1%
  • $2500-$3000

Votes: 12 6.0%
  • More than $3000

Votes: 12 6.0%

• Total voters
I have a Wilson combat custom AR with most of the add on's that Wilson has for there AR rifles. I have 3025.00 into it. And I love it!! I have had most of the other AR over the past 30 years, They all worked great. But the Wilson is in a class by it's self.

Most shooters can't even afford the "Absolute Best" let alone imagine what the Absolute Best AR is, so the OP's question is somewhat loaded. The Absolute Best AR doesn't sell for 1K and it doesn't sell for 2K. The Absolute Best AR IMO includes optics, suppressor, match trigger and full auto. We are talking about the Absolute Best AR, right? The Absolute Best AR sells for well over 3K. Would I pay over 3K for the Absolute Best AR? If money wasn't a problem, I would absolutely own several of the Absolute Best AR's!

Everyone's definition of "best" will be different. For me, I look for the same thing in a rifle that I do in a pistol. I want accuracy and reliability, durability, good customer service, a good reputation on their warranty, good craftsmanship, a fair price, and no mim parts. I chose to go with Daniel Defense.

I paid $1346 for my DD v3 mid-length, out the door with tax and everything. But as far as the poll goes I chose $1500-1999 because that's the most I'd pay for an ar15. Luckily I didn't have to pay that much. But I only considered the rifle itself without any of the nick-nacks or doodads.
DSC3775-L.jpg

Did you weave that sling? I like it.

Good evening,

I went to Thunder Ranch last month for their Urban Rifle class. I learned a lot!

For anyone who gets a chance to go, I personally recommend Clint & Heidi's business.

I could have taken any rifle, I used a Noveske. We shot about 850 rds. My rifle was flawless.

-Karl

AR rifles dominate NRA High Power Rifle Competition. Either service rifle or match rifle you can easily spend $1500. Top of the Line Frank White, Compass Lake Engineering, Krieger Barrel. Picture of my
match rifle. Iron sights.

Not many guns come with optics granted, but I don't mind paying slightly north of $2k as long as it already comes with all the goodies. Otherwise, you're right, adding that stuff gets spendy. If a gun didn't come with all that stuff I don't think I'd pay more than $1250 or so. Cause like you, I'm probably going to spend at least $750 to $1000 in parts and pieces...

You don't need optics if you have irons. I had to qualify at 500 meters with irons........... So who needs optics?

Plus there is no best AR and that is for the OP.

Most shooters can't even afford the "Absolute Best" let alone imagine what the Absolute Best AR is, so the OP's question is somewhat loaded. The Absolute Best AR doesn't sell for 1K and it doesn't sell for 2K. The Absolute Best AR IMO includes optics, suppressor, match trigger and full auto. We are talking about the Absolute Best AR, right? The Absolute Best AR sells for well over 3K. Would I pay over 3K for the Absolute Best AR? If money wasn't a problem, I would absolutely own several of the Absolute Best AR's!

How do you define the best AR? What makes it qualify for the best AR? I don't think there is a best AR.

A Troy rail and a Trijicon does not make it a best AR. The best AR is what a person likes and chooses as his AR.

I wouldn't say BEST, but you get what you pay for.

On top dollar rifles fit and finishes are top notch. Also use quality parts. For an example, most lower priced AR bolts are not MP tested also poorly machines. (Out of spec or rough finish)

You don't need optics if you have irons. I had to qualify at 500 meters with irons........... So who needs optics?

I can shoot quite well with irons as well. Most of the other rifles I have are iron sights, including my favorite, my Garand. However, optics are enjoyable on occasion, and for professionals, seem to make engaging targets a bit quicker. I am not a professional, but I've done enough gunsmithing and armorer work for those whose opinions I trust to believe that statement.

Although AR 15's are not my bag, I would pay the base price for a lefty stag arms, because I don't like still flaming casings zipping past my right ear.
I am more sold on HK clones, because all of them that I own throw the brass at 45 degrees out to the front.
Also I don't like the price of mags when it comes to aluminums for 53's and 93's, ar mags are by far more economical.

They both have their good points, and I feel a bit conflicted.

Blah blah blah.
You and your good eye sight.

Guy asked me why a scope for a 22.I said I can't see that good any more.It takes too long to adjust to the target and back to the sights.It would take 5 minutes for each shot

How do you define the best AR? What makes it qualify for the best AR? I don't think there is a best AR.

A Troy rail and a Trijicon does not make it a best AR. The best AR is what a person likes and chooses as his AR.

That's seems to me exactly what he's asking.What would you spend on what YOU believe to be the best AR.
And I agree with you.The one you can afford and shoot best.

I answered over 3k based on the assumption that this "absolute best" AR would hypothetically come pre-configured exactly the way I want including FF rail/tube, optic, light, furniture, etc. In my case, for a social rife, that would probably mean CHF or SS middy barrel, DD Lite rail or MFR tube, ACOG or Aimpoint, Surefire Scout or RAID or X300, Vltor A5 stock kit, some magpul goodies, a good brake or flash hider etc. depending on the intended application. Maybe throw in a DBAL if night fighting is part of the agenda... A can... You get the idea, incredibly easy to go over 3k if you're talking a complete setup that's ready for use in combat conditions and tailored to the users needs. Obviously not all of that is strictly necessary for all users however.

As for the features of the base rifle itself and my expectations - It would need to meet or exceed the TDP with regards to materials and testing, and run reliably with little to no cleaning as long as its kept lubed and preventative maintenance is done according to schedule. For a base rifle minus the goodies I wouldn't expect to pay more than 1-1.5K. Manufacturers like BCM, DD and Noveske come to mind.

Sorry didn't see the option on your list I would have chosen. Since before all the talk of banning them started they sat on gun show tables unsold for weekend after weekend for $450.00 (talking COLT AR-15's) and accounting for 20 years of inflation I would be willing to pay between $500 and $600.00 for the best AR-15.

Since the Price now was all created by a mass hysteria totally insane buying public that brought this on themselves.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top