JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

How much would you pay for the absolute best AR-15?

• $750-$999

Votes: 43 21.6%
  • $1000-$1499

Votes: 65 32.7%
  • $1500-$1999

Votes: 45 22.6%
  • $2000-$2499

Votes: 22 11.1%
  • $2500-$3000

Votes: 12 6.0%
  • More than $3000

Votes: 12 6.0%

• Total voters
honestly, isn't this all a bit juvenile? Maybe a bit silly? An AR is a fine platform, and I really like them, but, it's not the only rifle out there. Anyone nutty enough to put several thousand into one needs some serious therapy. Buying into all the hype and the entire industry that surrounds them is a little much. There are guys out there selling a lotta over priced crap, and laughing all the way to the bank. I regularly build AR's (rifles and pistols) for under a Grand and NEVER have any complaints about accuracy or reliability. It's not about the parts you throw at them, it's about the skill used in their assembly. If you buy into sales talk and the hype of a "name" without some sort of critical thinking involved, you deserve to get "sold".

Of course if you are an internet ninja wannabe operator none of this could apply to your fantasy

honestly, isn't this all a bit juvenile? Maybe a bit silly? An AR is a fine platform, and I really like them, but, it's not the only rifle out there. Anyone nutty enough to put several thousand into one needs some serious therapy. Buying into all the hype and the entire industry that surrounds them is a little much. There are guys out there selling a lotta over priced crap, and laughing all the way to the bank. I regularly build AR's (rifles and pistols) for under a Grand and NEVER have any complaints about accuracy or reliability. It's not about the parts you throw at them, it's about the skill used in their assembly. If you buy into sales talk and the hype of a "name" without some sort of critical thinking involved, you deserve to get "sold".

Of course if you are an internet ninja wannabe operator none of this could apply to your fantasy

:s0067: What he said.

Does said Sully have a website?

He's been trying to have one for months (I blame Nathan.) He's the owner of Blackwater Tactical down in the vendor section.

You tell him your price point, or whatever your criteria is and he'll make a recommendation that suits your wants. He won't upsell you to make more money (I doubt he made a whole lot on mine, at least based on what he charged me) but will help you find the right one for you.

@Coop - not sure why it's juvenile. The poll was specific to a single platform. The OP just wants to have a conversation about that - he could've opened it up to "best all around battle rifle" and the thread would be 100 pages of, "this is the best, the rest of you just suck" comments.

I could never justify even an $1k AR15, unless it was maybe a Retro AR15(not a build, all factory).
The retro ar15's are the only ones I won't get bored of after 400 rounds. For the most part AR15's aren't for me.

I could never justify even an $1k AR15, unless it was maybe a Retro AR15(not a build, all factory).
The retro ar15's are the only ones I won't get bored of after 400 rounds. For the most part AR15's aren't for me.
EVEN a dated 1968 COLT AR15 SP1 ONLY went for 3600. It's outta control!

I would never drop top dollar on a fully built gun. For me, most of the fun of owning a Ar is buying unnecessary, but awesome aftermarket parts. Companies like V Seven, Radian, and Fortis offer amazing parts that I want to search for, buy individually and install myself. In the end, I might have $2000 gun, but you'd be hard pressed to find another that is exactly its copy.

I was looking for a noveske barrel and I saw this Gheto Blaster with bids at $4512 soI bookmarked it outta curiosity. It's the most I've EVER seen a new retail AR15 sold for.
Yeah, prices are ridiculous, especially now.

I've spent decent coin on AR-platform rifles. LWRCs, PWS, and the like. But my favorite? My 1994 Olympic Arms shorty CAR. I paid $800 for it from Dave's in Nine Mile. I still have it. It's every bit as accurate today as any of the newer ones.

Interesting thread.

I was under the impression that the majority of folks here build their AR's.

Not me.

I like em factory built.

Does it guarantee reliability?

Compared to what I'd build...yes.

Ghetto Blaster, huh...

1593147375744.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class