JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd pay up to $150 but it seems folks these days think they are worth about $350

View attachment 47780

Then they must be worth 350, LOL. A year ago I wouldn't have sold one for any less either....

Short of trades or ones needing repairs, I hadn't seen an sks for much under the 300 mark for quite a few years... until i moved to oregon last year, and then i seen a couple get put up for sale here and there (which seem to get snagged up pretty quick for some reason :rolleyes: )

I 'discovered' SKS's recently, so I didn't really know about them when they were under $200. In looking at the current market for guns, if you want a simple durable reliable fairly accurate rifle, an SKS in good condition at $300 can be reasonable for what you are getting. The Russians are definitely better quality and worth more, and the "M" models that take AK magazines are worth more. Definitely check out the SKS boards before buying one, there is a ton of good info there.

As far as how much I've spent, it has been between $250 and $475, with most of them right around $300. The $475 was for an SKS-M that had an aftermarket trigger. It turned out to be the least accurate of all the SKS's I own (I think I own 5 now). I learned that the "sporter" models made in the 90's were not military spec rifles, and apparently are "thrown together" with rejected/leftover parts. Mine has both the front and rear sights canted (to match, I suppose). It is worth doing some research into before you buy.

I've had a fairly large range of accuracy amongst them, some are much tighter than others, if that's something that matters to you then you'll need to be a little more picky and take your time finding the right one.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top