JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

How much will you pay for small or large pistol primers per 1000?

• $100

Votes: 12 21.4%
  • $200

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Greater than?

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Not at all?

Votes: 42 75.0%

• Total voters
i think it really all depends on individual situation, needs, wants, etc....I am willing to pay more if I "need" it, like for loading 6.5CM, but not if I just want to have it around. The other thing about need -- if I have all the components except primers to reload, and I want to shoot that caliber (like 6.5CM) then I probably won't let the cost of a primer ($0.04 vs $0.12) stop me, yes its a 3x increase, but am I really going to let $0.08 stop me from that, probably not. Will i go buy 1000's because of that....no. Very situation dependent these days!

I will just have to sell the ammo and then pay 100 i guess.

Good luck even finding them at 100. You're going to have to be really quick and work at it to get them for that. A buddy of mine called me recently and was desperate for some. I told him I really couldn't spare many of mine, but I could help him find some on the secondary market, and it would be expensive. A couple days ago I shelled out $300 for 2k SPP. It really felt wrong to do that, but it was his money and I assume he can afford it.

Good luck even finding them at 100. You're going to have to be really quick and work at it to get them for that. A buddy of mine called me recently and was desperate for some. I told him I really couldn't spare many of mine, but I could help him find some on the secondary market, and it would be expensive. A couple days ago I shelled out $300 for 2k SPP. It really felt wrong to do that, but it was his money and I assume he can afford it.
Case it point...the value of something is different to everyone...my father told me long ago "the value of something is only what someone is willing to pay for it!". For your friend, he obviously found value there where other's may not.

Afford, a tricky word involving need, want, impulsiveness, tinfoil hat stuff, conspiracy theory's, how much you liked TWD, and sense of value. I'm so confused!!!

I've been posting Trade primers for 9mm up here in Wa and got a few good trades with the ammo going at cost to new gun owners with no ammo to practice with. But after awhile it was crickets...just isn't enough cheap plinkers left out there I suppose. Not to hijack the post but offer still stands so long as you don't over-value your box of $7.99 9mm Herters to be worth $35 now. Hopefully it'll get better for reloaders and non-reloaders alike soon and this will once again become a mute point.

Last Edited:
At the same time, the seller can't really be blamed. I don't care for scalpers, but if a reloader has a good stock, more than he really needs, what does it take for him to be persuaded to let some go?

I could have sold my friend a thousand primers (though depending on how long this lasts, it could run me short) and for $150 I'd be tempted. Though I don't want to let go of any primers, I could use the extra money. Why did I find some elsewhere for him instead of selling him mine? I didn't feel right making a profit from him, couldn't do that to a friend. So, he paid the same price but someone else got the profit and I got to keep my primers.

If I had an overabundance and the financial means, I suppose I could be magnanimous and pass on my extra to friends who didn't have the foresight to prepare. On the other hand you can't expect people to do that. To really pull all those hoarded primers out of the closets and basements of well-stocked reloaders around the country, the reward has to grow. As the secondary market price increases, more and more come out of the woodwork.

Supply and demand is what it's all about. As demand increases, prices increase. As prices increase, supply will increase. Increasing supply will moderate prices.

It would take me a long time to dent my primer supply, I've planned ahead every time I ran into a sale for years. Not shooting near as much these days so I"m not going through that many anyway.

Why? Everyone had the same opportunity to stock up or chose not to stock up.
Not everyone. Some of us have gotten a new caliber that finally warrants reloading.....6.5 Grendel in my case. Also before when ammo was .30 a round time was worth more than saving .15 a round for most of us. Do I wish I had bought more ammo or started reloading sooner? Hell yes. But should I be left in the cold? I mean damn I'm already paying the late to the party tax

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top