JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

How much will you pay for small or large pistol primers per 1000?

• $100

Votes: 12 21.4%
  • $200

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Greater than?

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Not at all?

Votes: 42 75.0%

• Total voters
$35 is what I paid for Winchester large pistol primers at Sportsman's a couple weeks ago.
I can wait till small primers show up.
I ain't paying $100

As with many things, it depends. If I ran out of large rifle magnum, I could be pretty convinced to spend $200/1k as my preferred hunting load would cost $3/round pre pandemic so even at very elevated prices I'd still be money ahead but pistol primers, fuggetaboudit. I can wait.

The only way I can justify paying higher than retail is if I can sell primers I have and don't need at the same amount of markup.

I have a brick that I would sell for $275 and it comes with a jar of peanut butter.

The peanut butter is so the primers will taste better for the gougers having to eat them when the price drops.....

Not 2X pre-pandemic prices.

I do not reload mass quantities of ammo - I buy it.

I reload small quantities - special loads, mostly light loads for small game hunting - the kind of loads you won't find on a shelf or online. Most any other loads I want I can buy off the shelf and I can make the $ to buy it easier than I can reload it. I have enough primers for now - about a thousand of each type, and it is unlikely I will use all of those.

Small pistol? $30/1000-max, but don't want nor need any.

Large pistol? Same ($30), but only looking for a brick. Thought I had some, but don't. It's a want, not a need.

"Might" post up a trade request, a brick of SPP or SRP (or combo) for a brick of LPP plus .44 mag brass. Local only-Medford area.

Would that be a fair trade request, as it seems more folks are looking for smalls?

It took over a year (15 months) for our Rifle Club "go to guy" to find an out of state distributor to get us even half of our group buy order. Costs varied but Magnum LRPs, SPPs and SRPs were the most spendy at $85. I don't mind sharing any surplus to friends or others in need for a few extra markup bucks that will go our benefactor. Without his countless hours of work we'd be scouring the state on our own. Not every case is someone looking to turn a profit, in our group it's an understanding that if we sell any group bought goods some of the profit goes back to the club guy out of appreciation. Most of us old guys just want to continue loading and shooting at whatever cost, it's not like we need the extra few bucks like the flippers.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads