JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm moving away from the AR for now, and I'm going to sell one to fund a Steyr Aug, then just build one the way I wanted it to originally be (simple, iron sights only, and lightweight) later on.

LWRC M6A2 upper (no iron sights just a scope)
LMT Defender 2000 lower with standard stock
SWFA 1-6x24 FFP scope (which I paid $800 for IICR)
Burris PEPR QD mount

Sounds like a nice rifle.

The best thing you could do at the moment is put it back in the safe and wait a while. The AR market is flooded and prices are 20-40% lower than they were a few years ago.

I had 4 AR's listed locally for about 2 months at prices which would have sold in a day a few years back. I finally cancelled the listings and gave up.

You can sell stuff, but to get it to sell expect only to get about 60% of what you paid.

Would that be with or without the scope?
I mean it'd still put me near the price of the other rifle. And the scope has way too much eye relief for me to use on a bullpup anyways, just wondering if I should sell the scope with the AR or separate.

In my experience it's always better to sell a high end optic separate. Getting someone who wants both the rifle and optic and willing to pay top dollar for both is rare

I don't have a clue honestly what the scope market is like. I would think better than the AR market.

And FFP stuff is hot, if you paid $875 with the mount maybe start at $700-ish?

its certainly a buyers market right now. i wouldnt want to offend anyone by throwin out a low price on an AR.

the optic you probably could sell for like 30-50 bucks less than u bought it for.

The locals here must not have gotten the memo. Just saw some of them piston uppers going for quite a bit even used. o_O

Oh well, we'll see what happens.

I'm moving away from the AR for now, and I'm going to sell one to fund a Steyr Aug, then just build one the way I wanted it to originally be (simple, iron sights only, and lightweight) later on.

LWRC M6A2 upper (no iron sights just a scope)
LMT Defender 2000 lower with standard stock
SWFA 1-6x24 FFP scope (which I paid $800 for IICR)
Burris PEPR QD mount
Agree with selling the optic and mount separately.

You have a premium quality upper and lower, but they're mismatched.
M6A2 sells for around $1500
Defender 2000 sells for around $2000
This after a quick Google around.

What about building two rifles as "correct" as you can and then go for the higher end buyer ?
Otherwise you're selling what will look like a "parts gun" and that won't bring as much.

A bit of both it seems. Some are just ridiculously high ($1,200 just for an upper is one that'll never sell).
i have over $2600 into one of my ARs and thats with waiting for stuff to be on sale. i could ask $1600 for it but probably get $1200. when they can be built for 4-600 bucks for a decent shooter with some upgrades ita hard to justify spending a whole lot for something you're probably going to personalize anyway.

Last Edited:
What about building two rifles as "correct" as you can and then go for the higher end buyer ?
Otherwise you're selling what will look like a "parts gun" and that won't bring as much.
Doesn't seem to make a difference in the local ads here. But I'm trying to avoid spending more money than necessary.
i have over $2600 into one of my ARs and thats with waiting for stuff to be on sale. i could ask $1600 for it but probably get $1200. when they can be built for 4-600 bucks for a decent shooter with some upgrades ita hard to justify spending a whole lot for something you're probably going to personalize anyeay.
Pretty much, but I've been surprised before. o_O

Doesn't seem to make a difference in the local ads here. But I'm trying to avoid spending more money than necessary.
Yeah, NC seems like a hotbed of AR sales etc with Palmetto and others there.
Gunbroker might be something to consider and get more eyes on your stuff.
And you might also think about selling the upper and lower separately as well ?

Yeah I might just sell em separate. Combined would have been the same price ultimately, but would probably sell quicker separate. The only thing I'm concerned about is selling the scope.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top