JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Is what I'm asking for this rifle too much?

• Total voters
Reactions
I' wondering Im askong a fair price for this rifle I got it' an angstadt arms ar9, it has a msrp of $1500 and there' about $200 of stuff that comes with it (buis, mags, grip, and bad lever) I currently have it listed for 1200

20171110_225017.jpg

Market is soft. Unless you get someone desperate for exactly what you have with what you've done to it, then it's a buyers market and you will damn near have to give it away.
Wait a while and gun owners, manufacturers, and politicians will create another over-blown emergency and it will be worth double...

Going into holiday sales and people are cash poor plus the online and big retail stores will be having large discounts so like aaa said above, if you want it sold soon ten you will have to loose a good chunk.

IMHO the value really depends on you and what someone else will pay for it;
at times the question of supply of similar new items is so close to your own used items, the purchaser really has little motivation or advantage to chose the used one, no matter how 'lightly' or whatever the 'comes-with' list may be.

The seller market of a few years ago is considerably weaker, as buyers have a far wider range of choices of very similar products at very competitive prices without the unknowns and mystery of what the prior owner (YOU....no offense intended) may have done to or with the item.

IE, "if it's SO good why is he selling it" and "if he wants THAT much I can shop around" etc.

Good luck.

I won't vote because I don't like the AR platform in general. I will say you have something of a Custom gun since you've Built it to suit your desires. Others May or may Not like it. That's the BIGGEST problem with Building a Custom gun. I did just that for many years but I was always honest with my Customers because I would tell them ahead of time. "If you don't like this when we're done you are going to have to live with it or try to sell it and you'll NEVER get your money out of it. Unless you can find somebody else who likes the same things you do."

What its worth and what it will sell quickly for are two different things. As others have said the AR market in general is really soft. AR9 might not be as bad but it's still a tough sell.

If you have to sell it you might have to take a sizable hit to move it. The better option is to wait for a better time if that is possible.

My gut feeling is if you need to sell it in 14 days or less you are talking about $700-$800, which I know is painful to hear. And you never know, someone might just be ready to buy that exact rifle new and feel good about giving you $1200, but I think its a slim hope.

Just keep in mind there are LOTS of AR platform rifles being offered at half of list price currently... And not selling.

MSRP is not what I would base my price on. Gunbroker or Buds is more realistic to get a new retail price on something and then you can go from there. MSRP and retail can vary by a ton but on an item MSRP 1500ish I would expect a $1100-$1300 retail price. Extras are better sold separately if you want better $$$ out of them.

While I think that it is a reasonable price, I also agree that it is currently a soft market. I have had a Tanfoglio TA-90 (CZ75 clone) case hardened with an new extra mag for sale at a gun store for $350. Beautiful case hardened pistol. The basic finish is valued at $450 (Blue book of Gun Values). No wear or scratches - looks brand new with case. Only one interested party in about 6 months - low ball. For less than $350, I will put it back in the safe with my other 3 Tanfoglios and 1 Witness (made by Tanfoglio). It just isn't the time to sell used guns when new plastic pistols sell for less and new ARs are gathering dust. I have decided to go pick it up this month. If you don't need the money right now, put it back in the safe for a year or two (maybe less).

Well just for some clarification this isn' a custom gun it really just has a few parts on it, I got this rifle in a trade and it's cool and all but It was just worth more then what I had so I took the deal. Seems too function great. I unerstand it' a super soft market right now. I based off msrp because I couldn' find any on gun broker for a price but obviosuly i saw the one mentioned in this thread now. No offense taken btw! I really appreciate everyones input and advice.

Super soft market and AR's are plentiful as well as going into the Black Friday sales.....

You may sit on that one for a looonnggg time.

Hell I can't even sell a $75 single shot .22LR for kids, that's how bad it is.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top