JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Very very rare to find a gun distributor who will give a price break, even when buying ten of the same gun. Auto Parts is different

With all do respect I wouldn't expect a real discount at ten sigs, glocks or xd's and most shops around here have the same prices on kimbers because nobody sells a large volume.

Most shops probably only sell ten sigs a month then again they only have one or two customers at a time

BTW I'm not an advocate of Keiths business in fact I usually pay a little more down in clackamas (gun broker) for better service but I'll hit their tables at the gun shows.

I just wish more shops would try to deal in volume for their profits.... like northwest armory is cheap on glocks but more in other stuff, works for me if I need a glock

With all do respect I wouldn't expect a real discount at ten sigs, glocks or xd's and most shops around here have the same prices on kimbers because nobody sells a large volume.

Most shops probably only sell ten sigs a month then again they only have one or two customers at a time

BTW I'm not an advocate of Keiths business in fact I usually pay a little more down in clackamas (gun broker) for better service but I'll hit their tables at the gun shows.

I just wish more shops would try to deal in volume for their profits.... like northwest armory is cheap on glocks but more in other stuff, works for me if I need a glock

One thing about selling Kimber, no distributor carries them that I know of, I called the factory, they have a $15,000 buy in.

One thing about selling Kimber, no distributor carries them that I know of, I called the factory, they have a $15,000 buy in.

Yep, that's what I heard over at Brightwater so they don't have them last I saw.

8 US Presidents have been NRA members
80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
Arms Collectors of South West Washington member

Do some more shopping and networking, There are some incredibly fair FFL's out there and most of those don't have store fronts or inventory sitting around. The overhead of the store is what jacks prices - to keep the lights on and the doors open and pegs filled with items. Nothing wrong with those places at all, but you pay for the convenience of the firearm you want hanging on the wall rather than knowing what you want and having it ordered.

I have told people that if you look hard you can always find it a couple of dollars cheaper. but how much is your time worth? and if you buy online don't forget the cost of shipping and transfers.

Shipping, transfers, wait time etc. should always be figured in.
But the one I always laugh at is when somebody brags about how much money they save buying online, and then complains bitterly when they can't find stuff locally.
Maybe it's because you spent all your money online, in bumscrough NY, and your local shop closed due to lack of business?

Fair is in the eye of the beholder. Maximizing profit is what it's all about, right?

Hear-hear. Property, any property, and service is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I tend to spend my money on quality products that I can depend on, whether it be a gun or a toaster. I also am willing to pay a bit extra for good service.

A line from the 1972 film classic; The Godfather, during a meeting with the Five Families. "If Don Corleone had all the judges, and the politicians in New York, then he must share them, or let us others use them. He must let us draw the water from the well. Certainly he can present a bill for such services; after all... we are not Communists."

Hear-hear. Property, any property, and service is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I tend to spend my money on quality products that I can depend on, whether it be a gun or a toaster. I also am willing to pay a bit extra for good service.

A line from the 1972 film classic; The Godfather, during a meeting with the Five Families. "If Don Corleone had all the judges, and the politicians in New York, then he must share them, or let us others use them. He must let us draw the water from the well. Certainly he can present a bill for such services; after all... we are not Communists."

A dear friend of mine always says: I am very poor, so I must always buy the very best.

Makes sense to me.

Is Kimber doing what S&W did a few years back?
Making the dealer do a big buy in and have a separate case,a few other things ,as I remember.

I try as much as I can to shop locally.I try to make suggestions as to have what I want in stock.
Some guys don't try to diversify. The won't stock the parts because they don't know they could sell them.
Nobody up here stocks much AR parts,so "we" as buyers go on line or just wait till we go to the big city and know we can find the parts.
Some smaller guys need to ask the customers what else they need to stock.

Then we won't go elsewhere

I have told people that if you look hard you can always find it a couple of dollars cheaper. but how much is your time worth? and if you buy online don't forget the cost of shipping and transfers.

Depending on the sales tax your municipality charges...
Here in Cave Creek, AZ it is 10.3%, on a $500 that is over $50. I charge $25 for the transfer, so if you buy out of state, you can find a Lower price & the money you save on sales tax can more than pay for shipping & transfer

New guns are a lot like cars, the sale price doesn't reflect a huge profit on the single item. Now, I doubt there are holdbacks and such for gun dealers, but I know that like car dealers, its the used gun tradein that will render large profit.

My favorite (sarcasm alert) shop here in Albany once offered me $200 trade credit on a $400 retail SW revolver against a beater Rem 1100 shotgun they were asking less than $300 for. And this was before he had Lowball Rick on Pawn Stars to emulate. Generally, in a trade we like to think its a fair deal (that's why I only trade any more on this site), and if we don't like what we see we simply walk.

Jim's Gun Shop in Corvallis is where I trade if there is ever a purchase I want to make from a dealer - he is fair, has a large variety of used guns, is a Kimber Master Dealer, and I have personally experienced him going way beyond the call of duty in dealing with issues I had on a new Kimber purchase (HE did what Kimber should have re a gun that didn't run). Sometimes I wish I could get a better deal (don't we all), but I always know it is a FAIR deal for us both.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top