JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah I tightened them down and the group tightened up some. I've swapped about everything I could have swapped since then. I even got a wheeler fat wrench so I could put just the right amount of torque on things.

Instead of opening up my old thread on scope mount torque why can't you guys have reopened my post on 5.56mm ammo pressure specs? 62 gr m855 goes over 2900fps and I can't get a 65gr sierra much past 2700 if I remember right. 3gr doesn't equal 200fps if you ask me but at least one or two guys in that thread assured me that I was barking up the wrong tree thinking 5.56 was higher pressure.

Bryan

Actually, a piece of standard printer paper is only about .004.
Correct , Thick recipe cards are about .008 twice that. At times I've had to shim rings on mounts , so i use thin metal, not soft brass or plastic that will crush, and not stay consistant.. i set It up so my scope would adjust both way left to right an equal amount. It all started because i could l not hit a small orange dot at 100 yards .. All with an f class Burris 8 x40 power xtrII . Not as much adjustment as you think it would have had . Found out My 30-378 had two Loose screws in the front mount .one only 1/2 a turn loose , the other not that much but was not Tight.. was getting 2 or 3 inch Spread at 100 . Contour #5 fluted , bedded weatherby that are Guaranteed less than Moa at 100 factory... Still think my scooe is not proper, traded burris for a cabelas Covenant 5 5x25 milrad scope yesterday for Test purposes. Getting two others in FFP to
have a matching set again with our šŸ 's .

I helped a friend he mounted the scope and did not want my help somehow he got the mounts on the pic rail cockeyed and torqued them down lol he was 6 ft to the left at 100 yards ! He uses some serious Kentucky windage now on the plus side if someone picks up his rifle they won't hit crazap !

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top