JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well what about the firemen? What about others that due service for the Country and they just dont care? Why is it that they expect me to lower my rate for the Country but cant lower a rate for some of us? I buy where I get treated well. No special treatment no money spent there. I like loyalty to loyal customers.

Are you a Fireman? Active duty military? Including Reserve forces. These people all get that Glock special deal. S&W also has a similar deal. I was pretty jealous when three National Guardsmen were looking for an AR in the Philomath gun shop, they were trying to talk the guy down on a DPMS, then he asked them if they were in any of the aforementioned groups, they said they were in the National Guard. He said "Oh, check this out" and pulled out an M&P AR. IIRC, it was $200 off the regular price and $100 cheaper than the base model DPMS.

Asking about any discount I could qualify for is always my first approach at haggling a price. Shoot, I've even got a discounted rate at a hotel when they asked if I was in the military, I said "No, but I have an expired ID from the National Guard", the clerk said "Close enough" and gave me the discount.

talk about markup... went to the gunshow today and I couldn't believe how much people were asking for some stuff.

Saw a table with "tactical" rifle cases, they wanted something like $45+

same case you can get for under $20 on Amazon and even at other tables.

Asking about any discount I could qualify for is always my first approach at haggling a price. Shoot, I've even got a discounted rate at a hotel when they asked if I was in the military, I said "No, but I have an expired ID from the National Guard", the clerk said "Close enough" and gave me the discount.

Lol. I know how you feel. I got a smoking good deal at the great wolf lodge recently with my military ID. It's nice to see that 20+ years of dealing with military politics pays off a little bit.

Holy bubblegum! So now I find out that I'm wasting gun dealers time and pulling chains....I somehow didn't think that Fisherman's, Northwest Armory, Gun Broker, Albany Guns and High Desert thought that. I kind of assumed that we're ALL firearm enthusiests and enjoy anything "firearm" related. If I get the slightest feeling I'm a burden to a gun shop I'll be sure to stay away!

Mike

I doubt they will miss you

Lol. I know how you feel. I got a smoking good deal at the great wolf lodge recently with my military ID. It's nice to see that 20+ years of dealing with military politics pays off a little bit.

I usually ask for the old fart/ex military/disabled Vet/AAA discount, most of the time it works.

I usually pay the asking price, if I think it is fair. By fair I mean not the lowest price I have seen, but enough for the vendor to make a little on it. Some vendors I have dealt with just offer a better price because I return to them. If it is something I want, or need, 20 bucks one way or another is not going to stop me from buying it. Usually I buy things in pairs, so bundling will get a better price often times.

I usually pay the asking price, if I think it is fair. By fair I mean not the lowest price I have seen, but enough for the vendor to make a little on it. Some vendors I have dealt with just offer a better price because I return to them. If it is something I want, or need, 20 bucks one way or another is not going to stop me from buying it. Usually I buy things in pairs, so bundling will get a better price often times.

See this works wonders.I frequent the shops up here and they know I'm an addict.They give me a little taste and I come right back.Some times I just walk in and say WOW I have to have that and other times I tell them what the gun is worth TO ME. If they don't like that then I pass.No feelings hurt.
Other day I bought a CETME.I told the owner it was a crap shoot and this is what I'll pay,unless she would buy it back. She hit the calculator and I walked out with the gun.
Next time I'll come in and pay her price.
Other shop I don't even ask and they give good prices.Horse traders,in the truest sense,for sure.But they also will tell you that they have to make so much or they just don't feel right.
But those are the two stores I frequent weekly.I buy their ,sometimes,over priced ammo and other bits.

All works out in the wash.

"Bundling" dude your watching American Pickers too much.

LOL, yes, but it works. Yesterday, the wife and I were at the gun show, getting a few things, she wanted a YHM flash suppressor, guy says it's 39, then she says why don't you get one too, and he says, ok 2 for 50, for example. Just sayin...

LOL, yes, but it works. Yesterday, the wife and I were at the gun show, getting a few things, she wanted a YHM flash suppressor, guy says it's 39, then she says why don't you get one too, and he says, ok 2 for 50, for example. Just sayin...

I agree that a person who is buying two or more items does make it much harder for me to say No, when they ask me for a discount. During my usual gun show sales, I will notice the same customers constantly asking me for a discount, then after I tell them No, I will see the same people return to my tables & continue to look. After I see the same guy 3-6 times I know that my price is the lowest in the whole damn show & that means No Discount for sure. Of course I will always take something off for a multi-gun purchase, but it usually is only $10 and that is Only if cash is paid. I find it exceedingly humourous when folks get all worked up with their haggling, only to whip-out their Visa card, thinking that I'm now gonna give a discount & eat the 3-5% fees from the bank next. HA HA HA Very Funny!

I buy from people walking through the gunshows or online here or Outdoor Traders. I only buy new guns from one dealer and he is the most honest man I have ever met. I pay his price without question if I want the gun.

jj

Tell you what. Keep buying online and not at the local dealer. Go get the lowest price you can.
Put the local guy out of business.Build the monopoly.

Then come back here and tell us about the high prices on line.
What has happened to the gun prices and availability? Oh my

Competition is a good thing.You give all your money and the monopoly to the big guys when buying on line.

No big deal,but one guy is easier to shut down than a bunch of guys.
Just a thought

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top