JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This thread cracks me up. When I was a kid (this was about 1971), I was camping with some friends, and we stayed up very late listening to AM talk radio. It was filled with whacked out theories about his and that. J. Edgar Hoover plotting with Nixon and the secret assassin of JFK, various proofs that the world would end soon, etc. etc. But a lot of them were people spouting theories as to why the S would HTF soon very soon. Tri-lateral commission, the UN, a Black Panther takeover, hippies drugging our youth and then having sex with them, fluoridated water, the gold standard, etc. etc. So you had people calling in at 3 am in to advise all fellow citizens to can all the foods they could before the EOTWAWKI.

Even as kids we knew how silly all those theories were. We laughed and laughed. And all those cans of food? Still sitting on a shelf somewhere in boondockville I guess.

Not sure why I thought of that camping trip reading this thread, but I did.

I hear ya. I can certainly understand this point of view. I'm still eating my Y2K supplies (happy note - they were cheaper then than they are now - so I win anyway).

I can tell you straight out - I'm not laughing anymore. As I watch our country circling the drain, as I read homeland security issued reports that label people like me the number one threat to homeland security (vet, gun-owner, oathkeeper and patriot) I just can't find any humor in it anymore.

I believe in the vision our founding fathers set out for the republic. I take the constitution and bill of rights at face value - they mean what they say. All most of us ask for in life is to be left alone to pursue happiness as we see fit - free from interference as long as we don't mess with someone elses legitimate buzz. Thats just not too much to ask for in my opinion.

Sadly, I can't believe that the criminals that have hijacked the .gov will stop robbing us and put things back the way they were supposed to be just because we ask nicely. There are way too many bad things going on to believe that our current situation came upon us by accident.

8ball
So what your saying is that anyone you disagree with is a medicaly certified delusional paranoid sichoid personality.
I guess you did not read the rules for this site.

I think 90% of the TEOTWAWKI and SHTF type material out there on the Internet can be explained by paranoid people spreading material that frightens otherwise sane individuals into threads like this.

Paranoid personality disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm not saying all of the posters here are crazy (although statistically it stands to reason that at least some of us are). I am saying that much of this type of material is paranoid delusion, and talk of secret FEMA camps, canceling elections, Obama as a secret Muslim communist is a good indicator you are veering right into paranoid territory.

It's not a new concern either e.g. the quote I posted earlier from 2800 BCE.

My problem is that once you lose faith in the system, you cannot put anything beyond belief. As a population, we have been verifiably lied to enough that it is hard to take anything at face value. I try to stick with information that I can verify, but tend to keep an open mind on just about everything else. Some of the issues you list above as paranoid seem unlikely, even to me, but I don't rule them out.

:s0112::s0112::s0112::s0112:

Originally Posted by CEF1959
This thread cracks me up. When I was a kid (this was about 1971), I was camping with some friends, and we stayed up very late listening to AM talk radio. It was filled with whacked out theories about his and that. J. Edgar Hoover plotting with Nixon and the secret assassin of JFK, various proofs that the world would end soon, etc. etc. But a lot of them were people spouting theories as to why the S would HTF soon very soon. Tri-lateral commission, the UN, a Black Panther takeover, hippies drugging our youth and then having sex with them, fluoridated water, the gold standard, etc. etc. So you had people calling in at 3 am in to advise all fellow citizens to can all the foods they could before the EOTWAWKI.

Even as kids we knew how silly all those theories were. We laughed and laughed. And all those cans of food? Still sitting on a shelf somewhere in boondockville I guess.

Not sure why I thought of that camping trip reading this thread, but I did.------------------------------------------------

Maybe it hasn't got to you yet but the Sh!t has hit the fan. Enjoy what your progressives have brought you since the seventies:s0112::s0112::s0112:

jj

My problem is that once you lose faith in the system, you cannot put anything beyond belief. As a population, we have been verifiably lied to enough that it is hard to take anything at face value. I try to stick with information that I can verify, but tend to keep an open mind on just about everything else. Some of the issues you list above as paranoid seem unlikely, even to me, but I don't rule them out.

I know there are skeptics. I was one until about a year ago. My black sheep Uncle is always going off about 911 and the towers burning on one of the bills. I can't remember which right now, I have seen it but don't put much stock in that. He's gotta lot of interesting ideas to say the least and he'll spout it to anyone with a cigarette and 20 minutes of their life they don't want back. I've always thought people who even considered crap like that were complete loons. Nothing had popped my bubble of faith in the system. I knew politicians were dirty but never realized it extended as far as it does. After Obama took office I started watching real close. I wasn't thrilled about his election, however, I was willing to let him have his shot and see what happened. To be fair I wasn't thrilled about the other option either. A douche/turd sandwich situation. I was especially interested in what a Democratic Executive and Legislative combo was going to do. Turned out to be everything I feared.

As I mentioned previously, I can't understand how a politician would throw their support behind something considered to be widely unpopular among the people unless there were an agenda behind it. (Those town hall meetings were picture proof of the people's DO NOT WANT) I don't buy the whole "we know what's best for you and you'll see it after it passes" bullpucky. When did the American people decide that it's ok to allow the people's government to completely ignore the people? Evidently we have. That made me realize two things:

1. The government must have an agenda.
2. Americans are completely out of touch with their government.

1+2=SHTF

I believe there is no way the ruling organization can be completely out of touch with the ruled and not be overthrown unless the people have been fooled or forcefully oppressed. I would not say we are oppressed by force...so what does that leave?

They thought they were pulling the wool over our eyes with that health care mess. I agree there should have been reform but not the way they did it. And I also don't believe it was our highest priority at the moment. We ARE fighting a war on several fronts. We ARE swamped with illegal aliens sucking off our public assistance, tying up law enforcement resources, and driving our taxes up. We ARE in a SERIOUS economic state. There were several other things that could have come first, but for some reason THIS was really important. And nobody wanted it this way. So what gives? They wanted it shoved through for some reason. For what exact reason I'm not going to speculate on right now but a reason nonetheless. And they gave the American people the finger on live television. At that point I lost faith in the system and now I can't put anything beyond belief. Now I question everything and rule out nothing. Alot of ideas seem implausible to but not impossible.

Now that I've started really looking into things and due to the fact that I have functioning eyes and ears, and my brain works properly most of the time, I have come to realize that.............we are screwed.

I don't know if they killed JFK, don't know about Roswell, don't know if they faked the moon landing, but I do know they're dirty. Dirty, evil, rich, elite, power-hungry, jag-off's. In order for there to be wealthy and powerful there has to be poor and weak. The Rulers need something to Rule. These guys aren't going to give up power. There's no way. And that's both sides. Not just the one I traditionally don't agree with. Yeah one side might run it for awhile and then the other, but overall they're gonna hold on and get us much control as they can. And stand on the rest of us to achieve their ends. (And ours).

There's no way that our current economic system can sustain itself. CHINA owns us. We print our own money based on nothing. The ranks of those needing is outgrowing the ranks of those providing. Simple math shows that's probably not gonna work. They keep pee'in on our boots and tellin' us it's rainin'. If they'll attempt fleece us on the economy then what else are they feeding us? They are going to ride this thing to the ground, spark tensions, and..........? All to stay in power and further the agenda.

Yes TEOTWAWKI has been around for along time, but man has grown progressively evil over time. And I think the most evil are running our country at the moment. And it's not just the Gov, it's the rich, powerful, and influential as well. Do you think any of these people have YOUR interests at heart?

We'll see. I'd rather be crazy and ready than.......

.........crazy and not ready.

I know there are skeptics. I was one until about a year ago. My black sheep Uncle is always going off about 911 and the towers burning on one of the bills. I can't remember which right now, I have seen it but don't put much stock in that. He's gotta lot of interesting ideas to say the least and he'll spout it to anyone with a cigarette and 20 minutes of their life they don't want back. I've always thought people who even considered crap like that were complete loons. Nothing had popped my bubble of faith in the system. I knew politicians were dirty but never realized it extended as far as it does. After Obama took office I started watching real close. I wasn't thrilled about his election, however, I was willing to let him have his shot and see what happened. To be fair I wasn't thrilled about the other option either. A douche/turd sandwich situation. I was especially interested in what a Democratic Executive and Legislative combo was going to do. Turned out to be everything I feared.

As I mentioned previously, I can't understand how a politician would throw their support behind something considered to be widely unpopular among the people unless there were an agenda behind it. (Those town hall meetings were picture proof of the people's DO NOT WANT) I don't buy the whole "we know what's best for you and you'll see it after it passes" bullpucky. When did the American people decide that it's ok to allow the people's government to completely ignore the people? Evidently we have. That made me realize two things:

1. The government must have an agenda.
2. Americans are completely out of touch with their government.

1+2=SHTF

I believe there is no way the ruling organization can be completely out of touch with the ruled and not be overthrown unless the people have been fooled or forcefully oppressed. I would not say we are oppressed by force...so what does that leave?

They thought they were pulling the wool over our eyes with that health care mess. I agree there should have been reform but not the way they did it. And I also don't believe it was our highest priority at the moment. We ARE fighting a war on several fronts. We ARE swamped with illegal aliens sucking off our public assistance, tying up law enforcement resources, and driving our taxes up. We ARE in a SERIOUS economic state. There were several other things that could have come first, but for some reason THIS was really important. And nobody wanted it this way. So what gives? They wanted it shoved through for some reason. For what exact reason I'm not going to speculate on right now but a reason nonetheless. And they gave the American people the finger on live television. At that point I lost faith in the system and now I can't put anything beyond belief. Now I question everything and rule out nothing. Alot of ideas seem implausible to but not impossible.

Now that I've started really looking into things and due to the fact that I have functioning eyes and ears, and my brain works properly most of the time, I have come to realize that.............we are screwed.

I don't know if they killed JFK, don't know about Roswell, don't know if they faked the moon landing, but I do know they're dirty. Dirty, evil, rich, elite, power-hungry, jag-off's. In order for there to be wealthy and powerful there has to be poor and weak. The Rulers need something to Rule. These guys aren't going to give up power. There's no way. And that's both sides. Not just the one I traditionally don't agree with. Yeah one side might run it for awhile and then the other, but overall they're gonna hold on and get us much control as they can. And stand on the rest of us to achieve their ends. (And ours).

There's no way that our current economic system can sustain itself. CHINA owns us. We print our own money based on nothing. The ranks of those needing is outgrowing the ranks of those providing. Simple math shows that's probably not gonna work. They keep pee'in on our boots and tellin' us it's rainin'. If they'll attempt fleece us on the economy then what else are they feeding us? They are going to ride this thing to the ground, spark tensions, and..........? All to stay in power and further the agenda.

Yes TEOTWAWKI has been around for along time, but man has grown progressively evil over time. And I think the most evil are running our country at the moment. And it's not just the Gov, it's the rich, powerful, and influential as well. Do you think any of these people have YOUR interests at heart?

We'll see. I'd rather be crazy and ready than.......

.........crazy and not ready.

My wife has cancer. As I look at her poor bald head, and watch her suffer through chemo, I thank God that I have health insurance. I pray that I can keep it. You bet your life that health care reform is a priority for millions like me. Obama's mistake was not that he tried to make the health system better, but that he let the insurance companies take control over the debate and rule out a Medicare for All public health care system. The Tea Party chumps played right into this. Every time I think about the so-called protest I witnessed at a congressional town meeting, i want to puke. This is exactly the process that is wrecking the country. The corporations use propaganda to manipulate people into shooting themselves in the foot.
Look at where we are at. The economic depression - caused by Big Corporate Bank criminality and 'regulatory capture' - when the regulators are captured by the institutions they are supposed to watch. The highest recorded profits for the so-called Health care industry, while millions lose their insurance. Big oil - think BP and the Gulf - 'regulatory capture' again. The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan - the Washington Post is doing a series on the enormous growth of private contracting for the National Security State. Forget about Bill Ayers, the dictatorship will be brought to you by Goldman Sachs, General Electric, Lockheed Martin, Well Point Insurance, BP, Massey Energy, etc.

To stay on topic...

...I would also say in 2-5 years, we will see hyper-inflation in the US, and that will be it's own SHTF scenario with enormous reactions. I don't buy gold or silver at this point. Kudos to those who do, but IMHO, my cash, which currently has value, is better spent on preps to sustain us. Once I feel those needs are fully met, I will focus on hard shiny things I can't eat or drink.

To stay on topic...

...I would also say in 2-5 years, we will see hyper-inflation in the US, and that will be it's own SHTF scenario with enormous reactions. I don't buy gold or silver at this point. Kudos to those who do, but IMHO, my cash, which currently has value, is better spent on preps to sustain us. Once I feel those needs are fully met, I will focus on hard shiny things I can't eat or drink.

My sentiments exactly. I would buy gold or silver if I had "extra" money. Who ever has extra? I also think it's more valuable to me to buy supplies and if I ever reach the point where I feel like I'm satisfied enough to buy silver or gold, I'd probably better go back and re-evaluate my supplies.

My wife has cancer. As I look at her poor bald head, and watch her suffer through chemo, I thank God that I have health insurance. I pray that I can keep it. You bet your life that health care reform is a priority for millions like me. Obama's mistake was not that he tried to make the health system better, but that he let the insurance companies take control over the debate and rule out a Medicare for All public health care system. The Tea Party chumps played right into this. Every time I think about the so-called protest I witnessed at a congressional town meeting, i want to puke. This is exactly the process that is wrecking the country. The corporations use propaganda to manipulate people into shooting themselves in the foot.
Look at where we are at. The economic depression - caused by Big Corporate Bank criminality and 'regulatory capture' - when the regulators are captured by the institutions they are supposed to watch. The highest recorded profits for the so-called Health care industry, while millions lose their insurance. Big oil - think BP and the Gulf - 'regulatory capture' again. The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan - the Washington Post is doing a series on the enormous growth of private contracting for the National Security State. Forget about Bill Ayers, the dictatorship will be brought to you by Goldman Sachs, General Electric, Lockheed Martin, Well Point Insurance, BP, Massey Energy, etc.

I understand your situation and empathize with you and your wife. That's a shame and it sucks that anyone should ever have to deal with it. I just had my first child. A beautiful little girl. I've looked at her and wondered what I'd do if she were to fall deathly ill. I do have insurance. For the moment. I was told by my employer last week that we will all eventually lose our coverage due to the new healthcare situation. It's much cheaper for them to pay the fine than to continue to cover the employees. Especially considering costs are probably going to go up. Sooo.....because of the new healthcare bill my family will lose it's health insurance. Thanks Obama. May you rot in hades. As far as the "so-called protests" at congressional town meetings.........anyway so it was obvious the country didn't want this. Sure there are those that did but the majority didn't. Thanks guys for screwing my situation. Again, I repeat that something needed to be done for sure. People losing their insurance and many that can't afford it. As much as I'm against welfare programs or any kind of public assistance, I actually would have went for this. I would donate some of my tax dollars to help others have health insurance. I think it's important. As rich as this country is, there's no reason not to have healthcare for all. BUT....get rid of those that will leach off the system (illegals) first so we know what the actual costs are and then it might actually be sustainable. Stop wasteful spending first, then fix the healthcare problem and a million others. This was about grabbing votes, not providing for the public's best interests. Thanks O, that my family and I will end up on the public plan at some point. I've already been part of two Gov run healthcare situations. The military's and now the VA's. Trust me, you don't want either.

I'm sorry to hear your wife has cancer too. I hope you find a way through.

You are about half right on what is behind the health care mess. Yes, the big corporations are in it up to their necks, but you cannot let the politicians off the hook. Both parties, owned and operated by the same criminal outfits are fully complicit top to bottom. The health care bill was never about health care. It was always meant as a tool to rob us, to control us, and to advance a de-population agenda. Big picture, the entire health care system is not about health care. It is designed to make us sick and keep us sick for profit and control. Our food and water have not been altered for our benefit either. A look behind the curtain reveals some pretty disgusting behaviour by mega-corporations and .gov, working together against free humanity.

I'm sorry to hear your wife has cancer too. I hope you find a way through.

You are about half right on what is behind the health care mess. Yes, the big corporations are in it up to their necks, but you cannot let the politicians off the hook. Both parties, owned and operated by the same criminal outfits are fully complicit top to bottom. The health care bill was never about health care. It was always meant as a tool to rob us, to control us, and to advance a de-population agenda. Big picture, the entire health care system is not about health care. It is designed to make us sick and keep us sick for profit and control. Our food and water have not been altered for our benefit either. A look behind the curtain reveals some pretty disgusting behaviour by mega-corporations and .gov, working together against free humanity.

It was completely about grabbing votes from the do-nothings and more importantly, it was about TAKING CONTROL. I get off on a tangent and forget points like that. So anyway, they used that bill against our wishes to form more Gov control. Just completely told us to suck it. How can anyone imagine for a second that those PO'd people at town hall meetings were a set-up? How would that further their agenda? Making sure the MSM broadcasts that the public is not happy with what the Dems were doing could not be conducive to their program. "Hey everybody look, everyone's ticked off at what we're doing! Aren't we doing an awesome job?" Let me guess, FOX News set that up? What's going to happen between now and November? What else will be shoved down our throat? This was a HUGE power grab by the Gov which begs the original question: How much longer? It seems they are kicking it in high gear. With this jackwagon (my new favorite word, I got that from you guys and that commercial) in the WH..........I just look at him, Pelosi, Reid, Rahm, and you can smell the sulfur. They are evil incarnate and in control. Again I say, 2-5 years max. Probably less. Now that I've posted my feelings on this site I feel the need to never step out my door, unarmed.

it was completely about grabbing votes from the do-nothings and more importantly, it was about taking control. I get off on a tangent and forget points like that. So anyway, they used that bill against our wishes to form more gov control. Just completely told us to suck it. How can anyone imagine for a second that those po'd people at town hall meetings were a set-up? How would that further their agenda? Making sure the msm broadcasts that the public is not happy with what the dems were doing could not be conducive to their program. "hey everybody look, everyone's ticked off at what we're doing! Aren't we doing an awesome job?" let me guess, fox news set that up? What's going to happen between now and november? What else will be shoved down our throat? This was a huge power grab by the gov which begs the original question: How much longer? It seems they are kicking it in high gear. With this jackwagon (my new favorite word, i got that from you guys and that commercial) in the wh..........i just look at him, pelosi, reid, rahm, and you can smell the sulfur. They are evil incarnate and in control. Again i say, 2-5 years max. Probably less. Now that i've posted my feelings on this site i feel the need to never step out my door, unarmed.

myyyy brother!!!

'The End' could happen tomorrow even if the would were currently a political and social Utopia. Read about the 1859 Carrington Event and think of what it would do to every piece of electrical and electroinic equipment on Earth. We'd instantly be back to pre-Edison days and 5/6th of our population would be dead soon after.

Regarding the 2800BC quote, it certainly adds weight to the wisdom of Peter Pan: "All of this has happened before, and it will all happen again".

Keith

Regarding the 2800BC quote, it certainly adds weight to the wisdom of Peter Pan: "All of this has happened before, and it will all happen again".

Keith

I don't completely agree with this statement. I believe that all of this is happening so that it can never happen again. Meaning, of course, that the freedoms that are currently being dismantled at such record pace will be lost forever if this is not reversed. Once the masses are totally dependent and suppressed, it will be next to impossible to regain anything that even resembles the way life (especially in this country) once was. The cycle will be broken and so will the people.

What I mean is...everyone thinks history begins the day they are born...'No-one has ever had it as bad as me' or 'Its never been this bad before'...when in reality 'There is nothing new under the Sun'. Specifics may change, but the overall Human experience never does. 'The more things change, the more things stay the same.'

Keith (I think I squeezed two or three cliches in there :) )

Here, the quote attributed (correctly or otherwise) to this guy says it better:

The Cycle of Democracy

From bondage to spiritual faith;
from faith to great courage;
from courage to liberty;
from liberty to abundance;
from abundance to selfishness;
from selfishness to complacency;
from complacency to apathy;
from apathy to dependency;
from dependency back again to bondage.

Alexander Tytler, 1770

Keith (Whoever really said it was a genius)

This thread sounds like old men around a camp fire - I like it :)

I think most half educated adults realize our times are not the worst, or hardest in all of history. Most of us don't have barbarians pillaging our villages, are tortured by the Spanish inquisition nor sold into a lifetime of slavery.

The fact is, human existence has never been so comfortable - especially in the USA. That's probably why there's so much complacency. Give a man air conditioning, broadband, microwave food - you've negated a millennia of skill set development.

You no longer have to physically work, or even really think to survive. I'm not voting for Amish living, but it's no surprise the population is doomed.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top