JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Another point. If things are so bad in the US, why is the stock market not completely in the tank?

Simple. Corporations are making lots of money on overseas operations. The same thing that is killing off the American worker is making the globalists fortunes.

I don't want to take this thread off on a tangent that the OP probably doesn't want to go down, but just a quick point now that you mention the stock market. Not too long ago, we all got a peak at the dirty little secret in teh US market. We all like to think the US has the most open and free markets in teh world. Remember that little computer glitch recently that sent the DOW plunging 1000 points? The man behind the curtain got caught. We do have manipulated markets. And at least 60% of US trading is computer trading - at the whim of algorithms. And yes, MNC's profit from a weak dollar, overseas.

Why would a country, like China, willingly hold US debt knowing they are slowly losing value on their billions of US dollar reserves?

You are also forgetting that since they have us by the bonds (or by the balls, whichever way you look at it), we pretty much have to "play nice" with these same countries and overlook their international attrocities.

China is expanding a stakehold in the Pacific Ocean...declaring waters just miles off of neighbor countries' ports as "Property of China".

And NOBODY is saying a word.

Other countries are taking advantage of our downfall as well....soon there will be major bloodshed between North Korea and South Korea. Oh, and don't forget about Iran...but that's another topic.

I don't want to take this thread off on a tangent that the OP probably doesn't want to go down....

I was hoping for some speculation, please go with the tangent. I'm curious to see what people think is going to bring about massive changes that so many of us feel are coming very soon.

I really needed a laugh this morning. Thanks for providing it. As a life-long leftie, I can state with absolute certainty that the organizations and ideologies you site are completely incapable. You are safe from a revolution produced by the US left. Anyway, the S has HTF already. We are in it now. Obama is a corporate capitalist, just like Bush was, but with 'a slight moral tinge' to him. At this point, all US government resources are marshalled to preserve the corporate establishment in crisis: The big banks, the oil industry, the military-industrial complex. How you and I fare seems to be beside the point. This is approximately where the Soviet Union was in the 1980's - a moderate reformer (Gorbachev) in power trying to reform the worst aspects of a bankrupt system.
The folks begging on every exist and on ramp of the freeways of our nation are the hint of things to come. We need to :Take care of each other, don't give in to fear, think for ourselves, act out of love.

Breitbart.tv » ZoNation: Flogging Breitbart and the Sherrod Charade

I do believe that is why states have designated Militias. They were designed to handle things such as this when our Gov't fails to. I think the local Sheriff's will soon be forced to take matters into their own hands and then you will see what I'm talking about. If the Fed's won't protect us, concerned citizens and local law enforcement will. I almost wished I lived down there, I'd show you exactly what I'm talking about. The rally cry would be sounded! Citizens arrest would be heard loud and clear. It's up to us to save our Country not sit around and hope that the Fed's do. United we stand, divided we fall!

What size town do you live in?:D

jj

Gunner 3456. You may recall the White House staffing with leftists and self-proclaimed communists or those with similiar Markist affiliations. You may recall that during the 60's and 70's the leftists were highly violent--remember the '68 democrate convention in Chicago. Or, do you remember the more recent website: Recreate 68. You may also recall the affiliations of the mob heads with SEIU, ACORN, BlackPanters and the democrate support illustrated above by a previous writer identifying the senators that voted for social security for illegals. Violent change has been happening for 18 months, it is structural and organized. You may also recall that Cloward and Piven are either consultants, advisors, confidents, or admirers of the adminstration--both hailed from Columbia University in the 60's. With respect to US jobs moving off shore, you will also recall that that genuis was Bill Clinton's signature, along with the schemes of the Community Reorganization Act signed into law by Bill. The other Bill, Ayers is as you know is a frequent visitor of the white house. Lastly, as you know that so many of the left have made an industry of racism, and exploiting the needy, the educationally and intelletually disadvantated for political gain. You are well aware that Saul Aliinsky's son has been recently vocal and praised the white house for their current execution of Rules for Radicals.

Not to say that Repubs are shameless, but those that trangress moral, constitutional, ethical codes and the needs of most of Americans should go as well. If they, as the current admistration follows either Wall Street or other Big Corporate self-interests, and do not look after the welfare of the majority and the poor, they should be outsted. RHINOS should be booted out. And, yes, so many corporations should be more socially conscious in American, and many are, but regional differences are obvious.

The left can be very violent, and I have known of them personally who have killed innocent people on our college campuses during the 60's and 70'. If you do not think the left can be organized just look at the organizaton of the left in their grass roots efforts to elect the current administration. Oh, by the way, the extreme left is likely no different from the extreme right. Both are dangerous. The very far left is super passionate, emotionally unbalanced, rageful, filled with hatred and irrational while the very far right cognates, condems social or individual differences, and is socially insensitive and socially perceptually impaired. Oh, by the way, you can see psychopathic and narcissistic personalities on both sides of the fence--and both are willing to exploit opportunities, do harm to the masses and enhance personal gain. Presently, the white house has lots of attorney's in administrative positions of power with these personality traits, and that is how they get there--many do not have a conscious and can be ruthless and cruel and vindictive. They have great capacity to manipulate the masses. Just look at the tension in the USA now. That's what I think.

All this talk of leftists formenting a revolution is laughable. Study the history of the 1960's. All those who survived it settled down eventually. I'm no more afraid of the Christian Dominionists that I am of some warmed-over 60's radicals taking over the government.

Can anyone point to an example of such a revolution in a stable first world democracy in the last hundred years? Ireland, Russia and France don't count since they did not have a representative form of government at the time of their upheavals. Eastern Europe is probably the closest example, and most of those countries haven't had the long history of democratic institutions that the US has enjoyed.

All the talk about legalizing illegal aliens is just that - talk. Even if Congress repeated Reagan's 1986 amnesty and then waved a magic wand to get them all on the long lines to US citizenship, it would take at least five if not ten years before you saw any effect in the polls.

There is no guarantee that all those new citizens would vote for the Democrats in 2016 or 2020 either. A significant percentage of Hispanic immigrants are conservative Catholics and likely to vote Republican. In 2008, the total Hispanic vote was 8%. Obama's edge over McCain in Hispanic voters was only 17%, less than 1% of the total vote. Even if every single Hispanic voter had stayed home, it would not have changed the result.

I personally don't think it will be a case of revolution from either the left or the right.

I think revolution is less likely than economic collapse to create the type of situation that would require survival skills in the near future. It's possible that revolution from one side may follow later, but I'm more concerned with the continued declining stock market, the continued rise of unemployment numbers, and the rise in those requiring public assistance.

What I don't understand is the unemployment numbers continue to go up, but all these companies are reporting record earnings or at least substantial earnings considering the economy. How can they be making money if more people are strapped and not buying as much? It's because they're cutting jobs and in some cases moving business overseas. Their overhead dropped.

Taxes on those working will continue to rise as the number of public assistance customers swells.

Look at the budget problems. What do they get rid of when they're low on money? Cops, firemen, prison guards, etc.. They wouldn't dream of cutting into public assistance programs. What do you do when it finally runs out? This kind of system can't sustain itself. You can't have the haves providing everything for the have nots. Especially when the number of haves is rapidly dwindling.

It's not going to be long before crime rates skyrocket and eventually all **** breaks loose.

Although I do really appreciate the history lesson from those that know. I know that those people are players in today's administration which is really scary. They are still relevant today and are no doubt whispering things in The Man's ear over a beer.

I strongly recomend watching the 2003 Documentary 'Weather Underground' and listen to Bill Ayers and his wife's comentary tract. In the 1960's the International Communist Conspirecy was bank rolling subversive groups world wide, especially in america. By the 1970's there were numerous groups commiting acts of terrorisim, encourageing violent acts against society through numerous riots and arson. People were murdered in thier homes in attempts to start a 'Race War' in America.
Today these same forces are attempting to accomplish the same thing through Class Warfare and Racism. The Big O has gone a long way towards insulting our allies, embracing our foes, allowed thousands of really bad dudes across our borders, supressed the middle class as well as instituting Marxist 'Reforms' and neutralizing our Constitution. Destroyed millions of jobs and the enviroment.
The next BIG move, probably post 2012, is to, like Hitler, Mao and Stalin Have his own PPL commit another terrorist act and then declare a Class Of People enemies of the state and release para-military units to terrorize and murder them.
IMHO These para-military units will be made-up of current criminal gangs as well as other bad operators in the Marxist, Liberation Theology crowd. The aim is to draw-out those willing to stand against Tyranny and destroy them in a huge show of force thus beheading any Counter-Revolution. Only then will forgine troops arrive on our soil, only then will the camps be built and the ovens lit. Only the Protected Classes and thier toadys will be safe.
The New Leaders will be isolated, protected, untouchable. Only the underlings and minions will ever be out in public, milk jugs to tempt the few still armed citizens, to come out of hiding. Any attempt against a Protected Class will cause entire populations to be decimated in reprisal.
To carry this off Big O needs to stay in power that is why he is labeling the Tea Party as racist. There will also be an increasing number of Crisies as we approach 2012, when he rufuses to surrender the White House.

Someones been paying attention! Good job. One minor tweak - the camps have already been built. Look around you with security in mind next time you go to one of the new sports stadiums that were built against the voters wishes - I always wondered why they would blow off voters so callously - now it makes perfect sense to me. All of the military facilities decommissioned by BRAC are also highly suspect. An awful lot of stimulus money is quietly going to fencing contractors. We live in interesting times...

To the OP - It is in progress now. If you're waiting for some catastrophic event to get people off their duff and awake, there will probably be some false flags coming soon, but for all intents and purposes, we are in the middle of things right now. I'm pretty sure the situation in the Gulf of Mexico is much worse than we are led to believe. The games going on at the mexican border bear close watching also. Things are not always what they seem, and history teaches that nothing humans have control over happens by accident. I believe free humanity is under attack, and most don't realize it yet. I thank God for every peaceful day and every extra penny I'm given to prepare, and do my my best to keep on point and not get distracted by the petty stuff most people still think is important.

With a couple of exceptions, I still haven't seen many educated guesses. That's what this is about. Please keep up with the "how" posts we've been seeing, that's interesting as well. I understand that no man can predict the future (feel free to post links to your favorite whack-job here, although I do hold some apprehensive respect for Gerald Celente), but take a shot at it. This is about gut-feeling. The one's you're afraid to air to your family and friends lest you be dragged off to the rubber room in a snazzy new jacket. Or mocked into blog obscurity by your fellow Mad Tin-Foil Hatters.

My best educated guess? 2-5 years max, probably less.

With a couple of exceptions, I still haven't seen many educated guesses. That's what this is about. Please keep up with the "how" posts we've been seeing, that's interesting as well. I understand that no man can predict the future (feel free to post links to your favorite whack-job here, although I do hold some apprehensive respect for Gerald Celente), but take a shot at it. This is about gut-feeling. The one's you're afraid to air to your family and friends lest you be dragged off to the rubber room in a snazzy new jacket. Or mocked into blog obscurity by your fellow Mad Tin-Foil Hatters.

My best educated guess? 2-5 years max, probably less.

Celente nails it time after time. I'd sure be happy to have 2 more years, but I'm not counting on it.

The bottom line is that it is essential for as many of us as possible to get self-sufficient. The system is taking control of all the resources we need to survive and resist. When you're children are starving and you can't feed them, the system OWNS you. It's not widely publicized, but I've read that 7 million people starved to death during the great depression. During that time, we lived a lot closer to the ground, and a large majority of us were able to work a small farm, or at least take care of a garden. I just can't imagine how bad things are going to get with the current situation that has most of us in dire straits if the grocery store shelves go empty for anything more than three days. Make no mistake - this is Greater depression in progress right here. All the happy crap about "jobless recovery" is smoke being blown in your general direction. Without jobs, there is NO recovery. Jobs ARE the economy, and they've been taken from us incrementally. We are being broken so we can be controlled and enslaved. If you can't take care of yourself and each other, you can't resist. The globalists win - we lose.

You start by asking yourself some simple questions:

1) What will I do if the power goes out for an extended period in the middle of the winter? Can I keep warm? Do I still have water?

2) What will I do if the grocery store shelves are empty? Or just the same, if the things that are on the shelves cost so much I can't afford them.

3) What will I do if the gas pumps are all bagged and empty?

4) What will I do if the 911 system no longer functions? As if you ever relied on it anyway...

5) What will I do if I can't pay my mortgage/rent?

Celente nails it time after time. I'd sure be happy to have 2 more years, but I'm not counting on it.

I have subscribed to Celente's Trends Journal for well over a decade, and consider it one of the best publications out there. Between Gerald Celente, Jim Sinclair, and the writings of Martin Armstrong, I feel I am keeping well ahead of the sheep. So how long before the SHTF? It has already hit. We will be continually sprayed with it for the next few years. Short-term I will be watching January 2011 and June 2011 with a lot of interest (from a currency/economic cycles standpoint).

I have subscribed to Celente's Trends Journal for well over a decade, and consider it one of the best publications out there. Between Gerald Celente, Jim Sinclair, and the writings of Martin Armstrong, I feel I am keeping well ahead of the sheep. So how long before the SHTF? It has already hit. We will be continually sprayed with it for the next few years. Short-term I will be watching January 2011 and June 2011 with a lot of interest (from a currency/economic cycles standpoint).

Please elaborate on the importance of these dates if you are so inclined. Fiscal Year? Taxes?

This thread cracks me up. When I was a kid (this was about 1971), I was camping with some friends, and we stayed up very late listening to AM talk radio. It was filled with whacked out theories about his and that. J. Edgar Hoover plotting with Nixon and the secret assassin of JFK, various proofs that the world would end soon, etc. etc. But a lot of them were people spouting theories as to why the S would HTF soon very soon. Tri-lateral commission, the UN, a Black Panther takeover, hippies drugging our youth and then having sex with them, fluoridated water, the gold standard, etc. etc. So you had people calling in at 3 am in to advise all fellow citizens to can all the foods they could before the EOTWAWKI.

Even as kids we knew how silly all those theories were. We laughed and laughed. And all those cans of food? Still sitting on a shelf somewhere in boondockville I guess.

Not sure why I thought of that camping trip reading this thread, but I did.

Please elaborate on the importance of these dates if you are so inclined. Fiscal Year? Taxes?

This may not make a lot of sense, but here goes...

It has to do with a convergence of historical trend cycles (points in time that are windows of opportunity for major changes). I will be interested in seeing what the price of gold will be in mid January 2011, and June 2011. The price of gold reflects confidence (or lack thereof) in paper currencies (and by extension, lack of confidence in government(s). The $USD price gold is at during those two periods should give me an idea just how deep the S*** is going to get. That was a really short answer, and probably doesn't convey a whole lot, but if I went into more detail it would probably put most everyone to sleep. Those dates are based upon the work/opinions of Jim Sinclair, and Martin Armstrong.

This may not make a lot of sense, but here goes...

It has to do with a convergence of historical trend cycles (points in time that are windows of opportunity for major changes). I will be interested in seeing what the price of gold will be in mid January 2011, and June 2011. The price of gold reflects confidence (or lack thereof) in paper currencies (and by extension, lack of confidence in government(s). The $USD price gold is at during those two periods should give me an idea just how deep the S*** is going to get. That was a really short answer, and probably doesn't convey a whole lot, but if I went into more detail it would probably put most everyone to sleep. Those dates are based upon the work/opinions of Jim Sinclair, and Martin Armstrong.

No, that's good. Thanks!

The bottom line is that it is essential for as many of us as possible to get self-sufficient. The system is taking control of all the resources we need to survive and resist. When you're children are starving and you can't feed them, the system OWNS you. It's not widely publicized, but I've read that 7 million people starved to death during the great depression. During that time, we lived a lot closer to the ground, and a large majority of us were able to work a small farm, or at least take care of a garden. I just can't imagine how bad things are going to get with the current situation that has most of us in dire straits if the grocery store shelves go empty for anything more than three days. Make no mistake - this is Greater depression in progress right here. All the happy crap about "jobless recovery" is smoke being blown in your general direction. Without jobs, there is NO recovery. Jobs ARE the economy, and they've been taken from us incrementally. We are being broken so we can be controlled and enslaved. If you can't take care of yourself and each other, you can't resist. The globalists win - we lose.

You start by asking yourself some simple questions:

1) What will I do if the power goes out for an extended period in the middle of the winter? Can I keep warm? Do I still have water?

2) What will I do if the grocery store shelves are empty? Or just the same, if the things that are on the shelves cost so much I can't afford them.

3) What will I do if the gas pumps are all bagged and empty?

4) What will I do if the 911 system no longer functions? As if you ever relied on it anyway...

5) What will I do if I can't pay my mortgage/rent?

You are correct. One thing to think about is how many people in this day & age have the knowledge and strength to work a piece of ground or hunt/fish/trap and have it be fruitful. The generation that lived through the Depression wasn't that far removed from those activities as a way of life. They also weren't as big of pansies as most are today. Think most people today have a handle on that? Ask your average 25 year old where to find and take a game animal and how to clean and prepare it. Not happening. The questions you pose are very valid. 1 & 2 are my biggest concerns as they should be for everyone. If there's no gas at that point I'm not so worried. Yeah it would be nice to have a continuous supply to run a generator, but I'm not going to need near what I use now as I probably won't be commuting anywhere anymore. 911 I agree is a non-issue. My mortgage I also believe will be a non-issue as I'm banking (pun intended) on the banks no longer operating much. When the collapse comes I'm pretty sure my house is now free.

This thread cracks me up....But a lot of them were people spouting theories as to why the S would HTF soon very soon.

Maybe the problem or controversy is in defining what "SHTF" actually means. To me, WWI or WWII classify as SHTF events. The currency crisis in Argentina, and in Zimbabwe, are examples of SHTF events. The Great Depression is another example. Ask the people who experienced those events and they will most certainly say the "SHTF." My opinion is, when we look back a few years from now, we will see that our own SHTF event has indeed occurred (western world banking/derivative/debt crisis). We have yet to experience most of the S*** that will result from it.

I think 90% of the TEOTWAWKI and SHTF type material out there on the Internet can be explained by paranoid people spreading material that frightens otherwise sane individuals into threads like this.

Paranoid personality disorder is a psychiatric diagnosis characterized by paranoia and a pervasive, long-standing suspiciousness and generalized mistrust of others.

Those with the condition are hypersensitive, are easily slighted, and habitually relate to the world by vigilant scanning of the environment for clues or suggestions to validate their prejudicial ideas or biases. They tend to be guarded and suspicious and have quite constricted emotional lives. Their incapacity for meaningful emotional involvement and the general pattern of isolated withdrawal often lend a quality of schizoid isolation to their life experience.

Paranoid personality disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm not saying all of the posters here are crazy (although statistically it stands to reason that at least some of us are). I am saying that much of this type of material is paranoid delusion, and talk of secret FEMA camps, canceling elections, Obama as a secret Muslim communist is a good indicator you are veering right into paranoid territory.

It's not a new concern either e.g. the quote I posted earlier from 2800 BCE.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top