How much is brass worth?

Reactions
How much is once fired, uncleaned brass worth? I tried posting this in the classifieds but since I didn't have a price I was told it doesn't belong there. So, I'm not trying to sell, just get an idea of what different calibers are worth.

ZeroRing

Reactions
How much is once fired, uncleaned brass worth? I tried posting this in the classifieds but since I didn't have a price I was told it doesn't belong there. So, I'm not trying to sell, just get an idea of what different calibers are worth.
If you are selling, it's worth whatever you are willing to get for it. If you are buying, you can probably do some checking online at some of the ammo manufacturers and see what their going rates are. It'll depend on the caliber that you are looking for but you might be able to do a FTF for somewhere close to the going rate that you find online.

FWIW, some places you could try are: www.cabelas.com, www.midwayusa.com, etc. for pricing

Reactions
An easy way to get a ballpark figure is to search completed auctions on gunbroker. You'll definitely get more if you tumble and inspect it first. Otherwise you may be looking at scrap brass prices (around .70lb).

OP
jordanvraptor
Reactions
I don't really have the room or the time to get into reloading so I was asking about how much do the reloaders out there pay for once fired casings? Not cleaned, not deprimed, sometimes I kept the box and shell holder plastic thingy, sometimes not. Probably got over a thousand casings sitting in the garage taking up shelf space. Just want to get rid of it but I'm not going to give it away. I think it would be funny if someone offered to buy it by the pound and I delivered the brass as ingots...:)

UPCOMING EVENTS

Lead Farm Precision Rifle Match
The Lead Farm
34006 Gwinn Rd, Prosser, WA 99350, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Rimfire Challenge Dec 12th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Sportsman's Warehouse - Albany
    5.00 star(s)
    Good products at good prices with friendly and knowledgeable staff!
    We like to visit the Albany location as it's closer but have been to several others and they have all been great!:D
  • Umpqua Survival
    4.00 star(s)
    Easy NFA transfer
    I had a silencer transferred through their shop. The paperwork was quick and the staff helpful and friendly. Whilst waiting, I did see a nice...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome staff
    Being new to the area and having just made an online purchase of an AR lower, I opted to use MK Tactical as my FFL, without knowing anything about...
  • J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
Top Bottom